Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

So, more party member reactions to things, well, nice to have more detail like that.

Let’s instead try and reach for something that’s like genuine affections and let you go up and say, ‘Hey you, we’re going to kiss now.’ And let players enjoy that, and feel like, yeah, that’s a real thing.”

"A real thing". Strange.

I'm not following you, why is that strange?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually, I had thought he meant the players would have real feelings about that, seems that he meant it was realistic. Then again, the former might hold.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He gets cool points for that Persona reference.

Which I deduct because is Persona 4 instead of the infinitely superior 3.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Disagree, Persona 4 > Persona 3 IMO.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Disagree, Persona 4 > Persona 3 IMO.

3 was so good it got an updated edition with extra content, what does 4 have?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

An upgraded edition with even more extra content called Golden?

Anyway, I'd argue both games have enough pros and cons to outweigh each other to the point where I can't say which game is better.

3 had a better story and the development of acquiantance to friends between the main characters felt somewhat more authentic and consistent. 4 had an excellent cast though, where I felt there wasn't a single character who was out of place, or annoying, and even some really fascinating and well written ones like Naoto or Kanji.

Golden is in my Top Super-Star-Tag-Team-Best-Games-of-All-Time though since it packed more content and Persona 3 FES lacked the proper gameplay upgrades of the Portable version, the female route, whereas Portable didn't have the superior story presentation and epilogue from FES. 

Also, Persona 2 is an excellent game, despite its more.. "whacky" premise of Space Hitler -- The-Infinite-Gravity-Defying-Son-of-Zeus, aliens such. Ignoring that it was an incredible game like most of the Megami Tensei franchise.

Anyway, I think it's cool he did the reference to Persona. It can only be positive knowing Laidlaw has gamed some good JRPG titles with love stories subtlety integrated into it.

Edited by TheChris92

An upgraded edition with even more extra content called Golden?

Anyway, I'd argue both games have enough pros and cons to outweigh each other to the point where I can't say which game is better.

3 had a better story and the development of acquiantance to friends between the main characters felt somewhat more authentic and consistent. 4 had an excellent cast though, where I felt there wasn't a single character who was out of place, or annoying, and even some really fascinating and well written ones like Naoto or Kanji.

Golden is in my Top Super-Star-Tag-Team-Best-Games-of-All-Time though since it packed more content and Persona 3 FES lacked the proper gameplay upgrades of the Portable version, the female route, whereas Portable didn't have the superior story presentation and epilogue from FES. 

Also, Persona 2 is an excellent game, despite its more.. "whacky" premise of Space Hitler -- The-Infinite-Gravity-Defying-Son-of-Zeus, aliens such. Ignoring that it was an incredible game like most of the Megami Tensei franchise.

Anyway, I think it's cool he did the reference to Persona. It can only be positive knowing Laidlaw has gamed some good JRPG titles with love stories subtlety integrated into it.

Huh, I didn't know about Golden. Maybe I will check it out?

Still, Nocturne >Raiden 1&2 >>>>Persona series

village_idiot.gif

But will DA:I have a harem ending?

Yes, it's the Singularity ending, also known as the eco-friendly ending, where you activate an ancient Tevinter artifact that turns everybody into player-sexuals.

Huh, I didn't know about Golden. Maybe I will check it out?

Still, Nocturne >Raiden 1&2 >>>>Persona series

I personally like Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga more than Nocturne. Same combat, but with some unique distinct gameplay features exclusively to the former, while Devil Saga had a better and darker story with some heavy emphasis on mature philosophical topics.

Plus I generally enjoyed the Persona series more than the main games. If you had a Vita then I'd suggest checking out Golden for sure.

Edited by TheChris92

I'm surprised the Keep asks questions about very minor quests in both games. I actually don't even remember what most of the DA2 questions are asking and I really don't feel like playing it again to remember. 

I nice comic book like presentation that leads you through the story of both games while you make decisions at certain points would be nice. 

The last topic of discussion was which Planescape Torment character would give the hottest strip show

Even if I were completely sober, I would actually believe such a stupid topic were actually discussed in-depth without bothering to look at the old thread. SUCH IS THE WAY OF THE NERD.

After all, not even the worst fanfiction writer has yet topped the infamous "Tali sweat" fiasco on BSN.

Edited by AGX-17

I'm surprised the Keep asks questions about very minor quests in both games. I actually don't even remember what most of the DA2 questions are asking and I really don't feel like playing it again to remember. 

To my understanding, they're just putting everything they can think of in there in case they want to use them in future games. It's not like everything will be referenced in DA:I.

I nice comic book like presentation that leads you through the story of both games while you make decisions at certain points would be nice. 

I would be surprised if the Keep didn't ask about every single decision from every game. I mean, what would the point be?

The thing I'm most curious about in Dragon's Keep is how in-depth the customisation features are for the dispositions for your previous characters in the series. For instance, if there was an option to set your Warden from DA:O as a scrappy city elf or a stoic mage, and whether or not that will be reflected if and when you meet him or her in DA:I proper. If it turns out that the Warden/Warden Commander has no insignificant amount of screentime in Inquisition, the amount of lines Bioware would have to record to account for all the different combinations would be quite impressive.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The thing I'm most curious about in Dragon's Keep is how in-depth the customisation features are for the dispositions for your previous characters in the series. For instance, if there was an option to set your Warden from DA:O as a scrappy city elf or a stoic mage, and whether or not that will be reflected if and when you meet him or her in DA:I proper. If it turns out that the Warden/Warden Commander has no insignificant amount of screentime in Inquisition, the amount of lines Bioware would have to record to account for all the different combinations would be quite impressive.

Well, considering that the inquisitor can be a dwarf/elf/humie and has a total of 4 vos, I doubt that the originally (mostly) silent warden would need much more than that...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hmm, I'm not usually fond of running into "myself" when playing sequels, and given the amount of options there were in DA:O that's surely bound to lead to disappointment for quite a lot of people that will find out "their" Warden doesn't behave like "their" Warden *at all*.

Hmm, I'm not usually fond of running into "myself" when playing sequels, and given the amount of options there were in DA:O that's surely bound to lead to disappointment for quite a lot of people that will find out "their" Warden doesn't behave like "their" Warden *at all*.

I think they'll stick to Hawke for that particular reason, since there were a lot fewer directions for him/her to develop in.

Considering what being imported in DA2 from DA:o have no significant whatsoever, i think it will be the same with the Keep

Don't destroy the Urn, you get a minor pop up quest of someone selling the fake Ash, and just that. Support Bhelen, you get a minor pop up quest of saving Harrowmont family member at the dock, and just that.

Does it give any impact to the world? None.

Edited by Qistina

Considering what being imported in DA2 from DA:o have no significant whatsoever, i think it will be the same with the Keep

Don't destroy the Urn, you get a minor pop up quest of someone selling the fake Ash, and just that. Support Bhelen, you get a minor pop up quest of saving Harrowmont family member at the dock, and just that.

Yeah, that's why they've set up this keep thing. :p

• Like 1

You just proved that it impacted the world.