Media Thread (Screenshots, Videos, Previews)

• 2 months later...

I'll just put this here: http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/4/7980129/pathfinder-rpg-video-game-obsidian-entertainment

Not a lot of details for ya, but it gives a sense of where we are at! Enjoy.

The article mentions that Obsidian is looking for a publisher for the pathfinder card game...

Aren't you already developing it? What does publisher here mean exactly?

Without going into specifics, publishers do a lot more than fund games. For example we partnered with Paradox to help distribute Pillars of Eternity even though production costs were crowd sourced.

Ok, thanks

In that case if you don't mind me asking. Did Obsidian fund the development so far themselves or did Paizo?

Without going into specifics, publishers do a lot more than fund games. For example we partnered with Paradox to help distribute Pillars of Eternity even though production costs were crowd sourced.

Could a Kickstarter be done?

Discussion about what comes next for the Dungeons and Dragons spin-off franchise is already underway, he added.

"We've had a ton of ideas," Urquhart said. "Obviously we could do something like Pillars of Eternity. Obviously we could do something like Neverwinter Nights 2. We're going through all of those things to figure out what would be the best thing to do.

I'd of course vote for Pillars of Eternity style --isometric, party based, and tactical.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Feargus speaks.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8005145/why-one-of-d-ds-biggest-video-game-devs-thinks-that-tabletop-game-has

"The new version of D&D came out last year and people are thinking about what is ultimately going to happen with D&D," he said. "One of the reasons we actually went with Pathfinder was ... how do you say it? I'll just say it: We were having a hard time figuring out how to move forward with Dungeons and Dragons."

"It's hard to move away from something you love and I love D&D. Pathfinder is an important part of the pen-and-paper role-playing world and I love working with them. They want it to succeed and it's theirs. With D&D it's a little more complicated because they have Hasbro and others involved."

"So, I think that this is the difficulty: D&D is a part of Wizards of the Coast and WotC is a part of Hasbro," he said.

...shots fired? Equivalent of Obsidian dumping D&D and going steady with Paizo.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really excited about the card game.  I've played the adventure card game quite a bit and it's a great co-op game.  From these screen shots Obsidian is doing a nice job of translating it to the screen.  Can't wait!

I'm looking forward to this one too... I rarely get a chance to get the boardgame version to the table.  so, this will be a great way to play.