OK, what's with all the silence??

Gold Ice

I'm confused. We've had two magazine feature articles and a bunch of previews around the web stating Obsidian Entertainment is developing KotOR 2. Why can't you guys announce it on your page, already? I mean, the geeky crowd all knew you were developing this months ago.

Lol, I know this isn't really important at all, but for some reason it's starting to bother me so bad to come to the Obsidian page and keep seeing "Artist Position Open!" as the breaking news. *twitch* :)

Guess they're just trying to be very careful. LucasArts is a big publisher, and the Star Wars license is a huge property. Obsidian has a lot riding on this game and everything surrounding it. They probably don't want to overstep their bounds at all.

Either that, or they hate that they've attracted the old Black Isle fanbase and want everyone to piss off and leave them alone. :)

I do hope they'll be a little more..."present" after the game is announced though. One of the things I attribute to Bios success is the hype they always build up around their games within the gaming community. Whether through company presence on their message boards, regularly releasing screenshots, news, character profiles, or what have you.

I got really interested in the first KotOR just by reading how excited the developers and fans seemed about it on their message boards.

don't know if anyone has noticed, but Lucas hasn't announced it yet either. Both of the magazines which have announced the game are JUNE issues. And there is always information "leaking" -- which seems to be as much of the industry as anything else. With a page from Lucas that was leaked to the internet today, I would expect an official announcement by the end of the week.

the other strange thing to me is that the first website (that I know of) to make the announcement of what the game is, is a warez website. --- really makes you wonder.

With a page from Lucas that was leaked to the internet today, I would expect an official announcement by the end of the week.

It wasn't leaked, it was emailed to insider members. According to that, the big unveiling is TOMARROW

With a page from Lucas that was leaked to the internet today, I would expect an official announcement by the end of the week.

It wasn't leaked, it was emailed to insider members. According to that, the big unveiling is TOMARROW

to me this was leaked, as it was posted on the internet, and people who aren't in that inner circle have seen it by the tons. --- but we it shouldn't matter in the next 18 hours anyway. :D

to me this was leaked, as it was posted on the internet, and people who aren't in that inner circle have seen it by the tons. --- but we it shouldn't matter in the next 18 hours anyway. :D

It's not an "inner circle". It's lucas arts insider news letter, and its free to sign up for :p

It's not an "inner circle". It's lucas arts insider news letter, and its free to sign up for :p

Heh. :D

Just glad that it's finally official. I know that we've pretty much known for a while, but good to get something said by some of the higher-ups.