Beta Release Time

wolfdyne

Major problem here. I'm not even out of the first town on Divinity: Original Sin and now there is Wasteland 2 and, imminently, the PoE beta to contend with.

I may never see my family again.

Meh, D:OS lost my interest with the second map. Bland enemies, awful writing, generic storyline, unimaginative world, atrocious color choices, cartoony graphics and aesthetics, extremely limited viable character and party compositions, and an "open world" on rails.

Just skip it and focus on WL2 and PoEt.

I finished D:OS and you have hit the nail on the head on every single point you made.  It is Magicka with turn-based combat.

Waiting....

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Will I be able to participate in beta if I didn't fund the game during Kickstarter campaign?

I pre-ordered the game from this website on July 28th.

Perhaps I'm asking a question already answered but I don't have the will to browse the topics page by page.

Thanks in advance.

Pfft, D:OS can go back to the box, nothing comes even close to my hype for this. If D:OS is LUCKY, I might pick it up again, if it's nice and don't complain!

Original Sin is going to be a lot like this game. Both are trying to be old skool.

D:OS isn't old school. Divinity is a turn-based aRPG. Comparing it to the old school games is an insult to those games.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Pfft, D:OS can go back to the box, nothing comes even close to my hype for this. If D:OS is LUCKY, I might pick it up again, if it's nice and don't complain!

Original Sin is going to be a lot like this game. Both are trying to be old skool.

D:OS isn't old school. Divinity is a turn-based aRPG. Comparing it to the old school games is an insult to those games.

It's as old school as Divine Divinity etc goes ;)

Guys, where do we download the beta from, the Pledges page?

You'll find a key in your Products tab on your account page on the PoE site when they release it (2:00 PST). Insert key into Steam, download beta, enjoy.

2:00 AM or PM? 10:00 PM GMT+0 right?

It's been delayed by an hour, so now it's 11pm in Britain, and 12pm in the Netherlands/Belgium/France/Germany.

Any source on that?

Cause if that's actually the case, I'll stop waiting around and just leave it be until tomorrow.

Brandon Adler announced it in the Beta Announcements subforum.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hello, men. Guy from Belarus here, I want to play beta too, but I earn 280$ a month and just can't afford a 125$ pledge. If anyone PMs me a key, I kiss you. Sorry for begging, but I want to play so much. Thank you.

Get a job in IT. I know the IT guys get a way higher salary than any other normal jobs in Belarus, although I guess it's not easy to get an IT job there because so many want one. ( I have this info from 3 colleagues I had that is from Belarus)

Hello, men. Guy from Belarus here, I want to play beta too, but I earn 280$ a month and just can't afford a 125$ pledge. If anyone PMs me a key, I kiss you. Sorry for begging, but I want to play so much. Thank you.

You don't need to find $125 MrMonocle, just $60, $35 for the game and $25 for the beta but be very quick as pledges lock down on the 22nd!

• Like 1

No matter how many times cats fight, there's always plenty of kittens.

Will I be able to participate in beta if I didn't fund the game during Kickstarter campaign?

Perhaps I'm asking a question already answered but I don't have the will to browse the topics page by page.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys! I've seen mention that pledging to Pillars of Eternity is available up til the 22nd August. It is still open now.

@blackstorm_zg check out your order/receipt (email inbox, search for "obsidian"  or "eternity" in your email folders) and compare it with the pledge tiers here to see if you have beta access. Otherwise you can upgrade it at the same site.

@mrmonocle you should also check out that page. You can pre-order the game for $35, and the backer beta as an addon at $25 (total of $60).

You might have to login, it's the same username/pass as on these forums. 

I am unsure if you can only purchase the "Addon" Beta Key, or if you need at least the $35 tier.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys! I've seen mention that pledging to Pillars of Eternity is available up til the 22nd August. It is still open now.

@blackstorm_zg check out your order/receipt (email inbox, search for "obsidian"  or "eternity" in your email folders) and compare it with the pledge tiers here to see if you have beta access. Otherwise you can upgrade it at the same site.

@mrmonocle you should also check out that page. You can pre-order the game for $35, and the backer beta as an addon at $25 (total of $60).

I am unsure if you can only purchase the "Addon" Beta Key, or if you need at least the $35 tier.

Well, it would seem I cannot participate in the beta.

Although I preordered a "Digital Plus" version of the game, the beta participation is not included and I'm not giving 25$ for a beta key.

Thanks for your answer, I guess I'll have to wait for an open beta or the full release.

Not a problem, that's certain.

You don't need to find $125 MrMonocle, just $60, $35 for the game and $25 for the beta but be very quick as pledges lock down on the 22nd!

Thanks in advance.

thank you, men.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

2.9kb/s!

Guys, let me download it first just to make sure it's okay. I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed, so I'm willing to take that bullet for you.

:getlost:

Edit: Spooky as hell. No sooner had I posted this, it jumps to 3mb/s!

Edited by Ashen Rohk
  • Like 1

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.