Beta Release Time

wolfdyne

May have something to do with you constantly hinting at the possibility that the beta is delayed or wont come at all. Nope, no negativity there.

Proof or it didn't happen.

Only three more hours... can't wait for the streams to start.

Blind optimism? That, and I guess that the fact that Steam tends to update at 10AM Pacific?

Still plenty of time for OE to announce a pushback to 08/19 though.

Here you go.

• Like 1

May have something to do with you constantly hinting at the possibility that the beta is delayed or wont come at all. Nope, no negativity there.

Not trying to proof anything here and won't waste my time either.

Fine. Suffice to say that I never hinted that the beta "is" delayed, because I would not have known this. I may have mentioned that it was a possibility, which of course it was, but we're talking once or twice, not constantly as you erroneously claimed. And talking about such a possibility is more a realistic perspective than a negative one. And I certainly never hinted that it won't come at all.

But other than that, your post was right on the money! :p

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Only three more hours... can't wait for the streams to start.

Blind optimism? That, and I guess that the fact that Steam tends to update at 10AM Pacific?

Still plenty of time for OE to announce a pushback to 08/19 though.

Here you go.

Well, the 3 hours comment was blind optimism. Yes, I hinted that it was possible for the game to be pushed back, but as I just finished explaining, it absolutely was a possibility. Delays are always possible. That's me being a realist. And further there was nothing "constant" about me making such a statement.

So, unfortunately, Doppelshwert's (sp?) claim is still unproven, and incidentally, is false.

Marceror, it's right there in black and white. Anybody who's read your comments will agree with Doppelschwert. You don't look stupid for admitting you were doing exactly what he said you were doing. You look stupid for trying to not be proven wrong in the face of blatant proof that you were. Get over yourself.

• Like 2

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Guys, where do we download the beta from, the Pledges page?

You'll find a key in your Products tab on your account page on the PoE site when they release it (2:00 PST). Insert key into Steam, download beta, enjoy. 

Marceror, it's right there in black and white. Anybody who's read your comments will agree with Doppelschwert. You don't look stupid for admitting you were doing exactly what he said you were doing. You look stupid for trying to not be proven wrong in the face of blatant proof that you were. Get over yourself.

You know, there is a distinct reading deficit on these forums. Doppelschwert's comments were incorrect, and if you closely read what the other guy posted as "proof" you will see that.

But at the end of the day, I really don't care to correct you guys further. My only purpose for being here is because I'm excited about PoE. The conversation with a small subset of the forumites here has become so pointless I'm beginning to grown nauseous.

Carry on then.

Major problem here. I'm not even out of the first town on Divinity: Original Sin and now there is Wasteland 2 and, imminently, the PoE beta to contend with.

I may never see my family again.

I've played a good amount of the WL2 beta, and have barely had time to touch D:OS. And now the PoE beta demo is nearly here. I guess it's good in way that the beta is "demo sized" rather than something much larger.

But yeah, even still I have toyed with the idea of quitting my job for a while, and sending my family away for a while. 2014 is the year of the cRPG as far as I'm concerned! :)

• Like 4

Pfft, D:OS can go back to the box, nothing comes even close to my hype for this. If D:OS is LUCKY, I might pick it up again, if it's nice and don't complain!

• Like 1

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Major problem here. I'm not even out of the first town on Divinity: Original Sin and now there is Wasteland 2 and, imminently, the PoE beta to contend with.

I may never see my family again.

Meh, D:OS lost my interest with the second map. Bland enemies, awful writing, generic storyline, unimaginative world, atrocious color choices, cartoony graphics and aesthetics, extremely limited viable character and party compositions, and an "open world" on rails.

Just skip it and focus on WL2 and PoEt.

• Like 4

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Vril's proof is insufficient. Suggesting that the beta will be released at 11AM is certainly blind, and it is certainly optimistic. As for the former, the writer of that post had no idea when it was to be released since Obsidian did not say anything about the time. For the latter, the writer of that post was certainly hopeful as to the releasing of the beta at that time, and I consider that optimism. The refusal of optimism is not necessarily pessimism. It could be realism which is oft confused with pessimism, and oft excused from pessimism. ;)

• Like 1

Pfft, D:OS can go back to the box, nothing comes even close to my hype for this. If D:OS is LUCKY, I might pick it up again, if it's nice and don't complain!

Original Sin is going to be a lot like this game. Both are trying to be old skool.

You guys are aware it's just small part of content? And that beta is not going anywhere? You don't have to play it right this moment. You will be bored with it 10 times over before release. I know you are excited but come on. It's not the end of the world.

You'll find a key in your Products tab on your account page on the PoE site when they release it (2:00 PST). Insert key into Steam, download beta, enjoy. 

2:00 AM or PM? 10:00 PM GMT+0 right?

Hope this beta isn't as short as the gamescon demo =)

Huh? But it IS Gamescon demo <_<

Gamescom ;)

You should get a medal for this.

giphy.gif

Thank you, thank you. My good man! I am trying to live up to all expectations!

I wish to thank my close ones for supporting me in this undertaking ;)

It's been delayed by an hour, so now it's 11pm in Britain, and 12pm in the Netherlands/Belgium/France/Germany.

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

You guys are aware it's just small part of content? And that beta is not going anywhere? You don't have to play it right this moment. You will be bored with it 10 times over before release. I know you are excited but come on. It's not the end of the world.

While I agree with you, I'd like to point out that a lot of people here have probably played through BG/BG2 a ridiculous number of times

Hello, men. Guy from Belarus here, I want to play beta too, but I earn 280$ a month and just can't afford a 125$ pledge. If anyone PMs me a key, I kiss you. Sorry for begging, but I want to play so much. Thank you.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

So agree with this! I had pretty decent hopes for OS, but it really let me down, and that's the reasons, the combat was ok, but after a while it was very repetetive. :/
And yes this game is going to be "like it" but being in the same genre does not mean the same quality.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

It's been delayed by an hour, so now it's 11pm in Britain, and 12pm in the Netherlands/Belgium/France/Germany.

Any source on that?

Cause if that's actually the case, I'll stop waiting around and just leave it be until tomorrow.

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.