Beta Release Time

wolfdyne

Ah, glorious entitlement in the above post.

Having said that, it's perfect time for UK as I've just finished work! \o/ Prepare to F5 your product tabs!

Well, maybe. But I do distinctly recall during the Kickstarter a lot of touting from OE that the crowd funding model would free them up to communicate freely with the backers, who are effectively the publishers of the game.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this a quick, single sentence forum post is too much to ask for.

Look, you haven't been following development as closely as some of the rest of us the past 2 years.

They've been keeping their promises and explaining the process as we go along. Just relax, the sky isn't falling.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I just woke up, did I miss anything?

Just a bunch of people speculating and wondering why we haven't heard word one from Obsidian.

You also missed me of accusing them of being very "EA like" with their communications (or lack of thereof) on this.

I'm sure we can move that up to "Nintendo like" if we get a "Please Understand" from Sawyer.

"Open communication" does not mean the devs have to be at your beck and call. If we don't get the beta in the next 14 hours (August 19th, Obsidian HQ), or no update by the time work's done for the day, there may be cause for complaint. But 10am on the day of isn't an appropriate time to start accusing Obsidian of anything. 

• Like 3

LOL as of this moment, there are 168 users reading this one topic. There seems to be a hint of anticipation in the air.

If Obsidian wanted to start an e-apocalypse, I'd say right about now would be a great time to announce the cancellation of the Backer beta.

Edited by Stun

Well, I have curry for dinner while I wait. It ain't going anywhere, as much as we're excited to play it. I've just discovered Witcher 2 is amazing when you use a controller instead of a keyboard, so gimme a shout on Steam when it's ready :p

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

I predict that I won't be playing this today. It is a bit sad, but then again, I'll be up, bright and early tomorrow, and sink my teeth into it!

Have fun, you lucky ones! (mostly in the Americas, and you midnight oil types, students, etc.)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Adam Brennecke replied to a fan asking about the release time on Twitter, literally 1 minute ago:

"When it's ready. :) we are going to post an update beforehand."

Keep your eyes on your inboxes, I guess :)

Edited by mstark
  • Like 1
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"