Beta Release Time

wolfdyne

Doxy: It depends on which aspects of it that get your juices flowing. Character creation alone, which I adore, could easily add up to dozens of hours for me. Also, I saw that you could hire adventurers in that backer inn for like 1,000-4,000 cp. If they're generous with money for the sake of the beta, I can see myself playing this demo up until they release the full game. I played the pre-released DA-character creation engine more than that game itself. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

As has been mentioned previously, the backer beta as it is today has about 3-5 hours of content and consists of 2 wilderness areas, 2 dungeons, and one village(Somebody correct me if I forgot something). All classes and all races are in the game, and you can level up to around 8 or something(?), starting  at level 5.

• Like 1

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Wow Sensuki playin that race card?!?!??!

Dunno about you but over here, the opinion is that you're a douche if you wear a fedora, unless you're an old black guy.

Such as :

treme03.jpg

Image from HBO's Treme, one of my favourite shows.

• Like 1

Hope this beta isn't as short as the gamescon demo =)

Huh? But it IS Gamescon demo <_<

The Gamescom demo refers to the gameplay demonstrated at Gamescon, not the entirety of the backer beta.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

alright i'm awake where's my beta

Probably at least 3 hours away. I don't think they coordinated the beta release to your personal sleeping schedule. Maybe OE can work that out next time.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Probably at least 3 hours away. I don't think they coordinated the beta release to your personal sleeping schedule. Maybe OE can work that out next time.

wow you've let me down OE. I don't know if I have it in my heart to forgive you this grave mistake.

Dude he is joking

Dude, so was I. Not sure how you missed that.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Wow Sensuki playin that race card?!?!??!

Dunno about you but over here, the opinion is that you're a douche if you wear a fedora, unless you're an old black guy.

He's not even wearing a proper fedora.  : |

Almost there. At least we'll know soonish.

Edited by Panteleimon

Doxy: It depends on which aspects of it that get your juices flowing. Character creation alone, which I adore, could easily add up to dozens of hours for me. Also, I saw that you could hire adventurers in that backer inn for like 1,000-4,000 cp. If they're generous with money for the sake of the beta, I can see myself playing this demo up until they release the full game. I played the pre-released DA-character creation engine more than that game itself. :)

Speaking of being generous with money and testing stuff, do we know anything about a developer console?