Beta Release Time

wolfdyne

so that's about 18 hours from now? 3am on the 19th Melbourne time

Keep in mind I totally made that quote up. It's what Josh, or Brandon or whomever "could" have said to us. But to my knowledge they have said nothing more than the date thus far.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

But did we get that? Negatory. I half think that OE enjoys making us suffer a little. :p

Based on the amount of entitlement people throw around here re: what info OE does share with us, I can't blame them in the slightest for not being more forthcoming.

People would hear "10am" and then throw tantrums at 9:58 or complain about how 10am doesn't work for them or some such nonsense.

• Like 6

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

But did we get that? Negatory. I half think that OE enjoys making us suffer a little. :p

Based on the amount of entitlement people throw around here re: what info OE does share with us, I can't blame them in the slightest for not being more forthcoming.

People would hear "10am" and then throw tantrums at 9:58 or complain about how 10am doesn't work for them or some such nonsense.

No doubt. But people are going to throw tantrums anyways, since that's just the nature of "the mob", so there's no winning this one really. But yeah, if I were OE I would approach sharing anything like this with fear and trembling.

I'm gonna throw a tantrum right now, just to be safe.

• Like 4

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Any possibility of the devs giving us a timeframe on this?

If it was submitted to Steam, then the Steam Servers update at 10am daily.

Until someone tells me otherwise, that is the information I have on when Steam autoupdates.

• Like 3

I am dying with excitement to be able to test out the beta build tomorrow. I would love for it to be available before I get to work so I can tone down my enthusiasm a bit to be more focused, but I know this will probably not be the case. Steam always update around 1pm EST (don't quote me on this), so there is almost no chance of anyone playing it before that. I know there is hype, but come on people Steam ain't going to change their schedule for a Beta Build of a game they are not currently selling,

I personally hope they delay the release a few hours to get the auto attack bugfix in. Not getting that into the build could be very damaging.

Not for me. If my party isn't attacking, I will simply order them to attack. It's called controlling your party. Auto attack is a convenience, but it's not essential to get started with the beta demo IMHO.

It will be a big deal for some, I'm sure though.

• Like 3

I personally hope they delay the release a few hours to get the auto attack bugfix in. Not getting that into the build could be very damaging.

Not for me. If my party isn't attacking, I will simply order them to attack. It's called controlling your party. Auto attack is a convenience, but it's not essential to get started with the beta demo IMHO.

It's not a big deal, it's just a hassle. Knowing that they've already addressed the issue also means I'd rather wait to play the beta until that patched version gets released.

My point is more that the uninformed player/streamer will get a negative impression of the beta from it. We are aware of the bug, and we know it has already been fixed and the fix is coming, but even though the beta is meant for bug testing, first impressions are lasting.

• Like 2

My point is more that the uninformed player/streamer will get a negative impression of the beta from it. We are aware of the bug, and we know it has already been fixed and the fix is coming, but even though the beta is meant for bug testing, first impressions are lasting.

I get it from that perspective. My response was written purely from a me, myself and I point of view. Even if there was auto attack, until I get comfortable with the game I'm likely to direct most of the action myself anyway. Especially because I don't have any intention of playing on easy like Adam Brennecke. I will want to make sure my party is fighting as a coordinated unit, rather than attacking whichever enemy happens to be is closest proximity.

By the way here are some of the cases where it wasn't working:

Sometimes when Adam right clicked to attack the character walked up the enemy and didn't attack. Characters didn't auto attack after casting a spell, and characters didn't auto attack after getting a kill.

I actually play DotA with auto-attack turned off, so this won't be an issue for me. But it will still be annoying, and I'm not going to record my RPGCodex Let's Play until the auto-attack bugfix is patched in.

I wonder whether Adam was aware of the bug when he went in and did his first Gamescom playthrough, didn't seem like it. He didn't have trouble on any consecutive playthroughs really, it was just that first one.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

So do we Europeans have to wait until its morning in America? :p

No idea but it is just about 1AM of the 18th here, where is my key Obsidian?!?!?!?!!?  *rolls a nat 20 on his entitled douche check*

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 4

So do we Europeans have to wait until its morning in America?

I would assume at least until it's morning in the USA, west coast.

You figure, the guy who's responsible for pushing this out will likely end up needing to come in late to the office tomorrow, due to not having any hot water to shower with. And once he finally does get in, he's going to need a few cups of coffee to his brain working properly. Then a buddy in the office is going to want to show him some of the ideas he had for the game over the weekend. That will take nearly and hour. Then it's going to be lunch time. Most likely that will be a long one, so 90 minutes later the big push will start. That will probably get interrupted several times, so the intended morning push turns into, "by the time I leave the office today."

So I'm guessing sometime between 6 - 7PM Pacific time! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I agree with Bryy: 10am PDT, and 19pm CET, since Steam will add it to its auto-update schedule (which also often includes a delay of 15-45 min, I've noticed this summer).

So, it's less than 10 hours from now, at least.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I agree with Bryy: 10am PDT, and 19pm CET, since Steam will add it to its auto-update schedule (which also often includes a delay of 15-45 min, I've noticed this summer).

So, it's less than 10 hours from now, at least.

19pm??