Not quite sure what you're asking as the topic title and your posted question are conflicting.

Are you asking how long (in content) the beta is? Or how long it will be made available?

If the former, we don't know quite sure yet how much content it will have but we do know that it will only include areas that are outside of the critical main story path with content for levels 5-8 of 12.

For now, you can purchase the beta up to until August 22 from the Eternity website and it will be released through Steam.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

For now, you can purchase the beta up to until August 22 from the Eternity website and it will be released through Steam.

I think he meant that part, perhaps.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think he meant that part, perhaps.

Or... he was asking how long the beta will run.

In which case, my guess is they'll keep updating until final code is released.

Edited by Flow

• 2 weeks later...

..., from what I have reading on the forums, I have a feeling (and this is pure speculation) PoE is probaby going to be released next year. There just seems to be too many bugs and art that still need to be fine-tuned.

I don't know how the PoE team could realistically take care of all of those issues in 3 months. 

The backer beta bugs section is already 33 pages long, and this is just after a week. 

Edited by rf5111918

I don't know how the PoE team could realistically take care of all of those issues in 3 months. 

The backer beta bugs section is already 33 pages long, and this is just after a week. 

Those 33 pages contain a lot of duplicates and threads that don't pertain to bugs (i.e. diatribes about combat xp, etc).

The actual sticky that contains the issues they are tracking is less than a typewritten page in length.

Finally, some of the issues will be quick fixes. Others will be more involved. When you say that they don't have time, you are speculating.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Even 33 pages worth of bugs and more isn't something that they could not fix in 3 months, it is quite lot time to fix bugs, finding all the bugs from the game is usually the thing which fails, as it can be quite hard thing to do for any software and especially when we speak game that is over 30 hours long, with multiple ways to complete. 

• Like 2

...depends on the bug, really. Each is unique, and will vary in complexity, integration, and dependencies. Some can be fixed by automation (global update), some must be meticulously hunted down and exterminated by hand, often with obsidian arrowheads and flint knives.

31Qo%2BkqfRqL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpScience Fiction, available on Amazon.