[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom

Thanks for the info, Labadal! :)

However, I'll refrain from watching any replays and streams until I've played the beta build at least once, unaffected by any external opinions, as it were. How about you guys?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm going to refrain from watching; I'm in fact keeping myself away from any critical or spoileresque information until I've gone through the Beta. I don't even want to know what PoE is when Beta begins... Speaking of which, what the hell is a PoE?

However, I'll refrain from watching any replays and streams until I've played the beta build at least once, unaffected by any external opinions, as it were. How about you guys?

I really don't want to watch. I haven't watched any of the gameplay footage so far. But... are they going to show more godlikes...? Because then I might have to...

i will try to watch as much (good) footage as i can!

why wouldn't you want to, if you are interested in the game? what is all this resisting about?

It's not about resisting, it's about keeping a clean sheet when you go to bed.

• Like 1

I will watch it if I remember to check it out.

I was going to make a joke about how Obsidian should have flown every single backer to Germany to play the game, let them cut in line, and moon everyone standing in line. Or else they were worse than EA or something.

It just seems tiresome now, though.

• Like 5

But... are they going to show more godlikes...? Because then I might have to...

Maybe. Maybe they'll show footage, the godlikes of which you've never seen. 6_u

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

i will try to watch as much (good) footage as i can!

why wouldn't you want to, if you are interested in the game? what is all this resisting about?

Obviously, in my case, I already know far too much about the game to get a tabula rasa start. Still, it's a bit like a movie coming out that you know you want to see. In this case, it's a beta build, which I suspect is pretty much feature complete (although with some plot threads ripped out), and then I wish to experience it first hand at opening day. Once again, comparing to that movie - it would be like settling for a DVD, jumping into some mid-section of the movie, with a number of unknown commentary tracks playing on top of it, the risk being that some clever fart joke right at that beautiful bridge with a babbling brook will be your lasting memory of said bridge. I want to seep in Justin Bell's lovely music, all the neat sound effects, the rustling of grass on maps that I explore in my way before I watch playthroughs of others, however entertaining and insightful they may be, At least, that's the ideal. I wouldn't be surprised if my curiosity gets the best of me, and I succumb to watching some streamed vid after all.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

News just in: a games journalist in Cologne (Köln) just reported a few minutes ago that Paradox are doing a great job of plugging PoE and giving it exposure. Things like that make me all warm and fuzzy! :yes:

• Like 7