Hi

I saw an interview with Josh Sawyer in which he mentioned that VA casting hasn't been done yet but it was some time ago

Is there any new information on the subject? 

And if voice actors haven't been cast yet, I'd like to make a plea to Obsidian:

Please cast David Warner (for any poor soul that doesn't know who I'm talking about, it's Irenicus from BG2) in a prominent role! Or better yet, have him narrate those text windows that seem to link the game together. 

• Like 1

Hi

I saw an interview with Josh Sawyer in which he mentioned that VA casting hasn't been done yet but it was some time ago

Is there any new information on the subject? 

And if voice actors haven't been cast yet, I'd like to make a plea to Obsidian:

Please cast David Warner (for any poor soul that doesn't know who I'm talking about, it's Irenicus from BG2) in a prominent role! Or better yet, have him narrate those text windows that seem to link the game together. 

Narrator is cast. Can't remember his name, but he was cast quite a while ago. I'm sure someone will post a link below. 

Yeah it's an up and coming voice actor. Unfortunately you can tell he's putting on a voice while doing the narration, rather than having a natural "narrator's voice" like the BG and IWD1 narrators. 

The same guy voices Odema and some of the PC male voice sets.

Yeah it's an up and coming voice actor. Unfortunately you can tell he's putting on a voice while doing the narration, rather than having a natural "narrator's voice" like the BG and IWD1 narrators. 

The same guy voices Odema and some of the PC male voice sets.

Doesn't bother me.  Many of the "natural" voices have this probably of also being instantly recognizable and unlike most people I don't want to realize the same guy voicing my narrator is also the guy who voices the drunken dwarf #5 in that bar in Dragon Age 4, and the "close friend" of that weirdly dressed wizard in the Witcher 7.

• Like 2

Yes.

Infact unspoken will grealty outnumber spoken (and IMO gladly so)... verbose conversations for the win!

• Like 6

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yes.

Infact unspoken will grealty outnumber spoken (and IMO gladly so)... verbose conversations for the win!

I concur wholeheartedly, there's something that feels lost in spoken dialogue, and if there's bad voice acting, potentially ruined entirely. At least with verbose conversations it leaves the player to imagine the voices for their own epic adventure, instead of a possibly drone-pitched dwarf because he had a cold at the time of voice acting (an example only, haha), :p.

VO can be expensive but if they can squeeze as much as they can possible afford, it would be terrific. Those in-game cutscene in bg2 was epic.

If they went union and full scale, it's a very real possibility that even two voice actors would decimate the budget.

Just make it simple for people to switch out the narration, so we can get fan made VAs do stuff.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

A few select Cameo's from the IE games would be great, though OE shouldn't break the bank with this.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Well the BG series at least used top tier actors so cameos from that are not going to happen.

As did Torment? Sheena Easton was Anna, for crying out loud.

Well the BG series at least used top tier actors so cameos from that are not going to happen.

And Jennifer Hale voiced Fall-from-Grace and Deionarra

Broken Age has top tier actors voicing it, so it isn't impossible for Obsidian to hire such talents to voice PoE if they want.

Broken Age has top tier actors voicing it, so it isn't impossible for Obsidian to hire such talents to voice PoE if they want.

If OE does this, I hope they will do so sparingly, and where it really counts. They are plenty of top rate voice actors who aren't "top tier" and so you get an awesome result for a much lower cost.

Gotta be frugal with that 4M.

If OE does this, I hope they will do so sparingly, and where it really counts. They are plenty of top rate voice actors who aren't "top tier" and so you get an awesome result for a much lower cost.

Gotta be frugal with that 4M.

Cost depends lot of how many line they will voice. With quite few lines cost difference between top tier and not so top tier actors is quite small as most of the cost will come from other payments, like studio rental and editing.