Questions about backing now

I have a couple questions about backing now before it ends on 8/22:

1) If I back it now, will I receive the extra items from the $25 tier on the KS? (achievement, in-game item, and access to the documentary)

2) Has there been any word or hints as to the price? It costs $35 to back it now. If it's going to be released at $40, then I would just assume wait and pay $5 more at the end of the year. If it's going to be released at $50 then that would be worth purchasing now.

I have a couple questions about backing now before it ends on 8/22:

1) If I back it now, will I receive the extra items from the $25 tier on the KS? (achievement, in-game item, and access to the documentary)

2) Has there been any word or hints as to the price? It costs $35 to back it now. If it's going to be released at $40, then I would just assume wait and pay $5 more at the end of the year. If it's going to be released at $50 then that would be worth purchasing now.

I'm not Obsidian, so don't take my word for it, but:

1) The Kickstarter rewards were for Kickstarter. I would assume that what is up now is just a pre-order.

2) It most likely will be $40.Either way, it's less now.

In my understanding currently you can't any more get any rewards that were meant for KS campaign.

Game will be in Paradox's high end catalog, which usually means that it will cost in release something from $40-$55 depending on where you buy it. 

Backing now will save you $10-20 upon release, plus you'll get the perks from whichever tier you back here.  KS rewards are strictly for KS backers unless otherwise mentioned, they're not connected in any way besides supporting the same game.  I'd say it's definitely worth backing now, I just did, haha.

• Like 3

I'm basically in the same boat, and I'm planning to wait until release (esp. after pretty much wasting my pledge of Star Citizen, just to see the game end up completely different than promised... I no longer trust pre-release pitches and promises, based on that experience. Even if the dev is well-know and has made games I like...) 

So, yeah. I think waiting until release, seeing how the game is like, what the reviews & friend impressions are like, will be a safer route, and it's not like there are any crazy pre-order incentives anyway.

Rather than start a new thread...

I just wondered if this is a full-game Beta designed mostly to get technical feedback -- and perhaps more funds -- or will one not be able to complete a game or find a skeleton of the finished product?

Obviously, I already backed (no regrets) but I've been in various "Betas" and they've been all over the place in this area.

I don't mind the bugs/feedback, but I don't like partial betas (e.g. 25% content) so much, so I am wondering whether to wait (yeah, right) to play the game. Thanks.

P.S. That's a big shame about Star Citizen, I heard speculation but darn....

Edited by Sondai

Rather than start a new thread...

I just wondered if this is a full-game Beta designed mostly to get technical feedback -- and perhaps more funds -- or will one not be able to complete a game or find a skeleton of the finished product?

Obviously, I already backed (no regrets) but I've been in various "Betas" and they've been all over the place in this area.

I don't mind the bugs/feedback, but I don't like partial betas (e.g. 25% content) so much, so I am wondering whether to wait (yeah, right) to play the game. Thanks.

P.S. That's a big shame about Star Citizen, I heard speculation but darn....

The PoE beta will be small chunk of mid level maps outside of the critical path (I. e. small to no impact on the main story). Spoilers should be limited, and the beta is mostly there to give the developers feedback about the game mechanics (but bug reports will of course also welcome).

The PoE beta will be small chunk of mid level maps outside of the critical path (I. e. small to no impact on the main story). Spoilers should be limited, and the beta is mostly there to give the developers feedback about the game mechanics (but bug reports will of course also welcome).

I see. Thank you very much for the information. It's good to know too that it is low-spoiler content.

Edited by Sondai

I just backed it today for the $35, I think its far enough along at this point that you can reasonably understand what to expect regardless.  I'd be buying this game as soon as it comes out anyway might as well save some money!

Why would you buy a game twice? I understand supporting devs and all, but realistically this is a huge waste of money if you don't have it just to burn.

Why would you buy a game twice? I understand supporting devs and all, but realistically this is a huge waste of money if you don't have it just to burn.

I think you misunderstood. He said he would be buying the game anyway when it's released, but instead he decided to back it now, since it saves a few bucks. At least, that's how I understand it.

• Like 3