Hi all!

I only just figured out how to 'finalise' my $140 pledge - it'd been linked and sitting in my PoE account for months up until now. After Update #83, I pushed it through and now the website shows confirmation of my order.

Anyway, my question is this - Is there a place on the PoE website that confirms, with details, what you have pledged for?

The reason I ask is that I briefly read through the list of stuff whilst I was finalising, and I'm pretty sure it mentioned things like:

• thank you postcard from the developers
  • campaign almanac
  • in-game item
  • exclusive pet
  • cooking with Tim
  • making of documentary
  • etc.

However, the only way to see a similar list is to start a new pledge, but when doing that, the $140 pledge doesn't appear quite as complete (I've attached a screenshot).

Are there two lists? Am I wrong in this? Am I going MAD? I would like to confirm that my pledge includes the items that I thought it did!

Adding to my concern is that my order confirmation simply lists my pledge as a 'Retail Collector's Edition'... which makes it sound like something different to a KS pledge.

Thanks in advance for help and advice. I'm not in anyway upset, just would like to confirm that my pledge rewards haven't changed without me realising.

Cheers!

post-47591-0-95871600-1407543841_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Dude abides.

Hmmm... I remember that just after the Portal launched, there were apparently a few missing tidbits on the pledge tier reward descriptions, but I thought they got those ironed out.

It's funny, though... I was actually just wondering the exact same thing (about the same pledge level, even); "What exactly comes in my tier?" :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Same here. Maybe they can put the list of things our pledge level gets us, somewhere in our account info? Would be nice. :dancing:

EDIT:

And I have also wondered about the exact diifference between the Boxed and the Retail Collector's Edition. I compared what info I could find on both, the Kickstarter page and here, but I can't put my finger on the difference yet...

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

I'm pretty sure the retail collector's edition IS the boxed version. Is it not? They're just using a different term, but I don't think there are multiple physical versions of the collector's edition. I could be mistaken.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think the concern regarding the term 'retail collector's edition' is that there already appears to be a discrepancy between backer versions (see my OP)... so referring to my KS backed rewards as 'retail' makes me nervous, like I'm not getting what I pledged for.

I had a similar experience when I decided I wanted to confirm my order ($65 tier), and found the list of items included in the tier to be not exactly the same as the Kickstarter list. I decided to send off to Obsidian support as a result.

I have also emailed Obsidian. Please report back if you hear anything!

The Dude abides.

Understandable. But, as I said, I could've sworn they addressed this shortly after the backer portal launched. People pointed it out quickly, I know that, and I think they said "Yeah, some things are missing in that list. Oops. We'll get that fixed."

I'm fairly certain that "retail" is basically just taking the place of "physical" here, since physical-and-not-digital versions of things are the versions typically associated with retail distribution (you don't need trucks to distribute digital game codes).

I'm sure they'll clear it up in their email response, and I'm not saying "just don't even wonder about it anymore." But, I encourage you not to overly worry that you're getting some Bizarro tier or something. :)

• Like 1

I'm trying to find out if the "DRM-free download" can be switched to Steamworks, as well as whether the DVD copy (which is listed as "DRM-free") can also be set to Steamworks.

You will have the option to pick Steam or GOG for your download version. The physical copy is just a physical copy and not tied to any particular download agent.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm trying to find out if the "DRM-free download" can be switched to Steamworks, as well as whether the DVD copy (which is listed as "DRM-free") can also be set to Steamworks.

You will have the option to pick Steam or GOG for your download version. The physical copy is just a physical copy and not tied to any particular download agent.

That does nothing to answer my question.

That does nothing to answer my question.

k.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Obsidian wrote back!

Hi Luke,

A great question and it’s definitely the next thing I need to add to the site: A way to see exactly what comes with your tier after you’ve purchased it.

…and you’re right; the current $140 offering is “less featured” than the Kickstarter one.

Your version of it comes with:

·         Collector's Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.

·         Cloth Map of the World.

·         Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.

·         Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad.

·         Early Access Beta Key.

·         Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt.

·         BluRay/DVD of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary. This item is being replaced with a digital version along with something else we haven’t announced yet. Due to production times, we didn’t want the Blu-ray version to differ from the digital version, as we want to include “going gold” footage, etc.

·         Special Thanks in-game credits.

·         Thank you postcard from the development team.

·         VIP Forum Badge.

·         Digital Strategy Guide.

·         Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.

·         Digital Campaign Almanac.

·         Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.

·         Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.

·         Digital High-Res Game Map.

·         Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.

·         Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.

·         Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.

·         Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.

·         Digital Collector's Book.

·         Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

·         Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for backing Pillars of Eternity and have a great weekend!

Darren Monahan

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

The Dude abides.

Obsidian wrote back!

Hi Luke,

A great question and it’s definitely the next thing I need to add to the site: A way to see exactly what comes with your tier after you’ve purchased it.

…and you’re right; the current $140 offering is “less featured” than the Kickstarter one.

Your version of it comes with:

·         Collector's Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.

·         Cloth Map of the World.

·         Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.

·         Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad.

·         Early Access Beta Key.

·         Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt.

·         BluRay/DVD of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary. This item is being replaced with a digital version along with something else we haven’t announced yet. Due to production times, we didn’t want the Blu-ray version to differ from the digital version, as we want to include “going gold” footage, etc.

·         Special Thanks in-game credits.

·         Thank you postcard from the development team.

·         VIP Forum Badge.

·         Digital Strategy Guide.

·         Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.

·         Digital Campaign Almanac.

·         Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.

·         Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.

·         Digital High-Res Game Map.

·         Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.

·         Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.

·         Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.

·         Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.

·         Digital Collector's Book.

·         Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

·         Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for backing Pillars of Eternity and have a great weekend!

Darren Monahan

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

So does that mean all DVD/Blu-ray's of the documentary have been replaced with a digital version + something else, or that there are two CE's with different content?

So does that mean all DVD/Blu-ray's of the documentary have been replaced with a digital version + something else, or that there are two CE's with different content?

Pretty sure they've scrapped the DVD/Bluray completely - I think there is a KS update somewhere regarding the decision.

I just want to add that I love the Original Poster's avatar.

"Who are you that flies so good, are you insane?!?"

"No, it's just, got a loada cargo in the hold, and a loada bills to pay at home."

• Like 1

The Dude abides.

Hello, 

I have pledge for a

Signed Boxed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity

after the kickstarter.

and would like to know which of the addons is not part of this.

Expansion Pack?

World Almanac?

Playing Cards?

T-Shirt?

thanks

Hello,

I have pledge for a

after the kickstarter.

Expansion Pack?

World Almanac?

Playing Cards?

T-Shirt?

thanks

Check the Project Eternity Kickstarter home page and scroll down to see the graphic that explicitly shows you what is included in each tier and match it with yours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity?mobile=0

That being said, the playing cards are strictly an add on purchase outside of any tier.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

Hello, 

I have pledge for a
after the kickstarter.

Expansion Pack?
World Almanac?
Playing Cards?
T-Shirt?

thanks

Check the Project Eternity Kickstarter home page and scroll down to see the graphic that explicitly shows you what is included in each tier and match it with yours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity?mobile=0

That being said, the playing cards are strictly an add on purchase outside of any tier.

Actually, considering prom000 mentioned that s/he pledged after the Kickstarter, looking at the KS page may be misleading. The discrepancy between the KS and post-KS rewards is one of the things I was addressing in my OP.

One option for checking post-KS rewards is to begin a new pledge (which you can do from your account page). It will list the rewards for each post-KS pledge level. Then just back out.

The Dude abides.

now you guys have me asking a question about this. will it be possible to upgrade from the ks retail pack to the 140$ collectors edition?

I'm not sure. I was able to upgrade from my original KS pledge to the "Retail Collector's Edition" (which is also a KS pledge) when finalizing my pledge. Afterwards, all I see as $140 pledge is the "Boxed Collector's Edition", which comes with less content than the "Retail Collector's Edition" (according to the email from Obsidian I get about that matter):

Hi Lythe,

How are you?

Sorry for any confusion there. We have a number of different tiers available. Since you backed us during the Kickstarter, the $140 tier you have has more rewards (and is named differently) than the Boxed Collector’s Edition does. The Boxed Collector’s Edition is for folks who pledged after the Kickstarter ended (or for Kickstarter backers who want to make additional new pledges.)

Your $140 tier includes:

• Collector's Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.
  • Cloth Map of the World.
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.
  • Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad.
  • Early Access Beta Key.
  • Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt.
  • BluRay/DVD of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary. (NOTE: This item is changing.)
  • Special Thanks in-game credits.
  • Thank you postcard from the development team.
  • VIP Forum Badge.
  • Digital Strategy Guide.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

The Boxed Collector’s Edition has the same above, except:

• Credits in the game.
  • VIP Forum badge.
  • The replacement item for the Blu-ray. (See above.)
  • Digital strategy guide.
  • Digital campaign almanac.
  • Digital cookbook with Tim.
  • Kickstarter in-game pet.
  • Kickstarter achievement and item.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Darren

FdSm3p1.png

So, basically, the Retail Collector's Edition is the Kickstarter CE and the Boxed Collector's Edition is the non-Kickstarter CE.

now you guys have me asking a question about this. will it be possible to upgrade from the ks retail pack to the 140$ collectors edition?

I think if you pledged during the Kickstarter, you can upgrade to the "Retail" $140 CE. Or you could until today.

• 2 months later...