Update #83: Backer Portal, Backer Beta, and Wasteland 2 Keys

Hi!  this may have been answered in the previous 10 pages, but I looked through and didn't see it.  I backed at $140 because I wanted the collector's box.  $165 gets the Wasteland 2 key.  Since I was planning on buying Wasteland 2 anyway, an extra $25 seems like a pretty good deal!  

So do Add-on's count towards getting to that $165?  Can you just make a pledge? The expansion pack add on is $20, but that would only get me to $160.  

Thanks!

What are you guys talking about?  I've been playing the beta for hours.

in my dreams :p

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I wish timezones went in the opposite direction. There's nothing west of california but water, no one's benefitting from being downstream! But if western europe was 9 hours behind instead of 9 hours ahead, I could've woken up to a beta key ready to be redeemed. Now, now I have to wait.

I think it's pretty much an international consensus that Pacific Time is the shіttiest time zone in existence. Too bad some idiot decided to put California in there.

Greetings from Portland.  My flannel shirt still looks fly.

Is the dream of the 90s really still alive in Portland? Is it where young people go to retire?

I'd like to go to a place where I can sleep till 11. And maybe ride a unicycle to clown school after that.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Hi!  this may have been answered in the previous 10 pages, but I looked through and didn't see it.  I backed at $140 because I wanted the collector's box.  $165 gets the Wasteland 2 key.  Since I was planning on buying Wasteland 2 anyway, an extra $25 seems like a pretty good deal!  

So do Add-on's count towards getting to that $165?  Can you just make a pledge? The expansion pack add on is $20, but that would only get me to $160.  

Thanks!

Wh-What? ... No, the pledge tier/packages don't work that way. For a Wasteland 2 key, I'm pretty sure you had to have selected a tier that included it during the Kickstarter. Maybe - just maybe, if you backed during the kickstarter and haven't finalized your pledge, you can still select a Kickstarter tier that includes it, and pay the difference. I'm pretty sure none of the post-kickstarter tiers (which are now available on backer portal) include Wasteland 2. It's not available as an add-on, either. Kinda makes sense - WL2 is made by inXile, not Obsidian. (Different publisher, too.)

Edited by Ark Evensong
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Wh-What? ... No, the pledge tier/packages don't work that way. For a Wasteland 2 key, I'm pretty sure you had to have selected a tier that included it during the Kickstarter. Maybe - just maybe, if you backed during the kickstarter and haven't finalized your pledge, you can still select a Kickstarter tier that includes it, and pay the difference. I'm pretty sure none of the post-kickstarter tiers (which are now available on backer portal) include Wasteland 2. It's not available as an add-on, either. Kinda makes sense - WL2 is made by inXile, not Obsidian. (Different publisher, too.)

Thanks!  I figured it was probably something like that.  I was just confused a bit by the fact that they are still crowd sourcing through the 22nd.  Probably will pick up the 'Add-on' of the expansion pack for $20 anyway.

Anyone know how fast the Beta key will be delivered?

I just upgraded my Backer Value; lets say 5:55pm PST  How fast will I receive my Beta key so I can start downloading?  If I get it before anyone else comments I will re post the timeframe

***Edit** Thinking I was waiting for an email; apparently it was listed in my 'product tab' on the portal homepage...the one to buy/upgrade kickstarter pledges. While now I'm not 100% sure on the timeframe. I did log in at 6:20pm PST and was able to generate a key.

So 25minutes at maximum

Edited by ltolman

Hmm, maybe i am missing something.

I backed for the signed Collectors Edition. I think my pledge is finalized, at least it shows me an order, and no credit left. So i should be eligible for a Wasteland 2 Key, right?

The thing is, under Products, i only see the Backers Beta. So any clarification would be apreciated :)

Ranayna

If it was the $140 "Retail Collector's Edition" on the backer portal, that actually is one tier shy of Wasteland 2 Key eligibility, I believe.

My roommate thought the same thing. The day they announced the W2 keys were available, he signed into the portal, and was ready to contact support to say "Hey, it's not working for me!". Then, he thought to double-check that tier on the Kickstarter page, and found that it actually does not include the Wasteland 2 key.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

My Order says "Signed Boxed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity", with the status of "Confirmed"

On the Kickstarter page, the image for that Pledge shows the Wasteland Icon, while the text is somewhat abigious.

2cd45d9a6fdd2112946ca11b89252da0_large.j

I assume it has something to do with my pledging via Paypal, i think thats also why i do not have a Kickstarter Badge, even while i pledged while the kickstarter was still running. I do not really care about the badge, but i really would like my copy of Wasteland :)

I saw someone here menitioning to open a ticket for support, but i do not see how to do that.

My Order says "Signed Boxed Collector's Edition of Pillars of Eternity", with the status of "Confirmed"

On the Kickstarter page, the image for that Pledge shows the Wasteland Icon, while the text is somewhat abigious.

2cd45d9a6fdd2112946ca11b89252da0_large.j

I assume it has something to do with my pledging via Paypal, i think thats also why i do not have a Kickstarter Badge, even while i pledged while the kickstarter was still running. I do not really care about the badge, but i really would like my copy of Wasteland :)

I saw someone here menitioning to open a ticket for support, but i do not see how to do that.

https://eternity.obsidian.net/account

-Log on to your account from the Eternity site.

-Click on the My Account link on the top right corner.

-click on the Support link on the menu

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 4 weeks later...

Just a short one because I'm in a hurry and can't find an answer fast by searching...

Steam beta key is now full game key, right?

Or we'll get the full game key separately?

GOG key would be even better, but Steam one is IMO fine too.

Steam beta key is full game key