Update #83: Backer Portal, Backer Beta, and Wasteland 2 Keys

Waiting for... so excited !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

It might be worth tempering all the excitement with the reminder that this is a beta, not a finished game, and it's going to be rough. We know from the gamescon footage that path-finding is dodgy at the moment and probably will be for a little while until Obsidian can get their fix in. We also know that auto-attack was bugged and it may not be fixed in the initial beta release.

Anyway with that said I hope everyone enjoys it and helps obsidian make the game <Lephys> beta </Lephys>

I wish timezones went in the opposite direction. There's nothing west of california but water, no one's benefitting from being downstream! But if western europe was 9 hours behind instead of 9 hours ahead, I could've woken up to a beta key ready to be redeemed. Now, now I have to wait.

I think it's pretty much an international consensus that Pacific Time is the shіttiest time zone in existence. Too bad some idiot decided to put California in there.

Edited by mudd1
  • Like 3

I wish timezones went in the opposite direction. There's nothing west of california but water, no one's benefitting from being downstream! But if western europe was 9 hours behind instead of 9 hours ahead, I could've woken up to a beta key ready to be redeemed. Now, now I have to wait.

I think it's pretty much an international consensus that Pacific Time is the shіttiest time zone in existence. Too bad some idiot decided to put California in there.

Greetings from Portland.  My flannel shirt still looks fly.

• Like 3

Paying for a beta should have netted us a lot more information than we're getting, along with a 12:01am EST release of this badboy. Instead, it's 8:45am with not even a word.

Had I not paid, I wouldn't have this high of an expectation. As noted earlier, at long as this has several hours of gameplay I'll at least feel like got something for my money.

Nothing against Oregon but somehow its timezone never bothered me. Which is more than I can say about San Francisco, LA and San Diego being in that temporal netherland.

Then I shall have an extra 2 hours to play! In the meantime let me start a new replay of Wasteland 2 and try not to get my whole team infected with Acute Pod Disease. Must, save, the towns in Wasteland 2......twill be a hard task a no I don't make multiple saves...just an ocd I have :w00t:

cCLgG1t.png

Its the 18th in the UK, took the 1/2 day and am waiting on tender-hooks...................PLEASE OBSIDIAN PLEASE!!! :yes:

This is pretty much how I feel And for some bizarre reason, it made me think of those pain diggers getting happiness out of hanging in metal hooks, as seen in the Moaning of Life, with Karl Pilkington, ep 2, for instance.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I have to go in for overtime around 11am EST, I just hope they get the keys out before then so I can start the download on steam and it is ready to play when I get back home in the 4ish area.

Nothing against Oregon but somehow its timezone never bothered me. Which is more than I can say about San Francisco, LA and San Diego being in that temporal netherland.

Ah, California.  A magical land of fruits and flakes.

• Like 1

Does OE release any information regarding the size of beta? 25% or 50% of the actual game.

The devs have said that the beta takes between 3 and 6 hours. They've been reluctant to say how long it takes to play the game but from what they've said about the number of maps they have I'd say its less than 10%, maybe 20% tops.

"F5" is my best friend today...

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Does OE release any information regarding the size of beta? 25% or 50% of the actual game.

Content-wise, more like 5-10%. They're saying 3-5 hours.

Looks a lot like it's the vertical slice by the way. Which makes sense for a lot of reasons. Also good because it's the first content they would have made, and the first content is always the worst.

Edit: ninja-ed...

Edited by PrimeJunta

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

3-5 hours was Josh's stated estimate a few days ago.

Content wise it has:

1) the full character creator

2) one village/town

3) 2 wilderness maps (which appear to be pretty decent in size)

4) 2 dungeons + "a small dungeon" (josh's words)

5) 4 questlines (and we got to see one of them in the gamescon demonstration)

You'll get to auto-level to 5 at the start, and possibly gain enough to reach level 8 by playing)

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

Is considering not downloading the Beta to play and just waiting for release......all of a sudden my inate hand slaps me in the face and pokes me in the eye, then points to the forums.......looks like my sanity has been restored. Funny what waiting makes you think of :banghead:

• Like 3

cCLgG1t.png

Oh my god I can't even deal. If you were to put me in a delayed gratification test I would fcking eat all the marshmallows right now

• Like 4

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Looks a lot like it's the vertical slice by the way. Which makes sense for a lot of reasons. Also good because it's the first content they would have made, and the first content is always the worst.

It's the vertical slice village, although they've added a backer inn over the top of the placeholder inn. The Wilderness area Dyrford Crossing I am not 100% sure if it was a vertical slice area or not. The first time we saw that area was at one of Chris Avellone's presentations in late 2013 (I think it was one in Brazil, actually) but it probably was, as the quests are related to it.

Edited by Sensuki