Update #83: Backer Portal, Backer Beta, and Wasteland 2 Keys

Not knocking the fact that we're getting beta keys (yaaaaaaaaay!) but confused they're coming out on Monday and not a Friday.

Might be just me :p

Maybe they don't want answer questions sent in support through weekend, but instead have couple days off and there also several core members of PoE's team are in Gamescom in Germany presenting game, which probably means that they don't want release beta until they are back.

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 2

Not knocking the fact that we're getting beta keys (yaaaaaaaaay!) but confused they're coming out on Monday and not a Friday.

Might be just me :p

Maybe they don't want answer questions sent in support through weekend, but instead have couple days off and there also several core members of PoE's team are in Gamescom in Germany presenting game, which probably means that they don't want release beta until they are back.

That is a series of very good points.

*grumbles about having to play already released games this weekend* #gamerproblems

• Like 1

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

*grumbles about having to play already released games this weekend* #gamerproblems

Yeah, it is unfortunate, but it does make sense.  Luckily, I got my Wasteland 2 beta key for backing Torment 2 on the duo T2+W2 combo to keep me busy.

Yeah, it is unfortunate, but it does make sense.  Luckily, I got my Wasteland 2 beta key for backing Torment 2 on the duo T2+W2 combo to keep me busy.

I've done a couple of runs through W2 already, but trying to tone it down on it now so I can just dive into it full on when it's released!

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

I don't have it. My guess is that it doesn't release until the 18th in the US, and even then, I'd expect it would be during normal US business hours, so they're support staff is rested and ready to go. That being said, I've not seen any formal announcement either way. As for the folks that say they have it already, I don't know what that's about.

In any case, I cannot wait to try this out. I backed it day 1 on Kickstarter because I love the concept and the Obsidian team. Between Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity, I'm loving that I'm getting two really deep, no-compromise RPGs. Good times.

I've been trying to ask this through Kickstarter comments and Twitter, but no reply yet: About the backer beta, is it ok for the backers to publish live streams or let's plays of it on sites such as twitch.tv or youtube?

I wish timezones went in the opposite direction. There's nothing west of california but water, no one's benefitting from being downstream! But if western europe was 9 hours behind instead of 9 hours ahead, I could've woken up to a beta key ready to be redeemed. Now, now I have to wait.

• Like 3

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

I've been trying to ask this through Kickstarter comments and Twitter, but no reply yet: About the backer beta, is it ok for the backers to publish live streams or let's plays of it on sites such as twitch.tv or youtube?

Yes, and tomorrow is set to break Twitch.tv with the amount of streams. I plan on hopping on someone else's or watching a replay directly after mine (which I plan on being multiple hours).

I don't have it. My guess is that it doesn't release until the 18th in the US, and even then, I'd expect it would be during normal US business hours, so they're support staff is rested and ready to go. That being said, I've not seen any formal announcement either way. As for the folks that say they have it already, I don't know what that's about.

There's some confusion over Wasteland beta keys and PoE beta keys.

I'm sure it's all on US Pacific Standard Time.  It's well and truly the evening of the 18th here in Oz, but I imagine the beta keys will be released in a few hours.  Middle of the night for us! :-)

Really like how they've done the beta without spoilers, so we can jump in without fear of ruining the full game.  Looking forward to getting stuck into the mechanics so I'll be ready to play on release.