Update #83: Backer Portal, Backer Beta, and Wasteland 2 Keys

By his definition, people who make pledges toward all those charity walks are promising to give their money for every mile someone walks, only IF the organization to which they're pledging actually cures the disease in question. Or, a knight who pledges his loyalty to a king is making a purchase. 8P

If you'll excuse me, I've got to go pledge a dollar for a tiny bag of chips from the vending machine.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

As I said before, I can understand if Linux version will be delayed a week or two, but if it will be delayed a month or two, then it's no point to buy early access, better just wait one more month until final release in winter.

Wasn't aware winter was one month away from August. o_o

Seems to me that getting something in September instead of December still qualifies as "early."

You misread, Lephys ;)

If late a couple of weeks -> no biggie

If late a couple of months -> Why did I spend $25 on a beta (whinge, whinge).

Though, yes, "November" instead of "December" is still "early" (albeit "a beta" that has nothing to do with the game itself, other than "OK guys, please try breaking it!")

Edited by neo6874
  • Like 1

You misread, Lephys ;)

Ahh, that I did. My bad. Yeah, months of delay would leave only about a month 'til Winter.

Still, a lot of worry over a lot of "if"s, if you ask me. :)

"If a meteor hits Obsidian HQ tomorrow, and the project can't be finished at all, I demand my money back even HARDER!"

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Orbital Strike confir...

oh wait, wrong forums. ;)

What... is that from the Space Bowling forums or something? 6_u

I just bought the boxed version along with the playing cards set and i had to create a new pledge, my first one is the slacker backer. I now hope it will be shipped safely to my home in France. By the way, will there be a boxed edition available for Europe ?

P.S: Just few months before release ! Sweet winter it will be, i'm telling you. :alienani:

Okay I remembered. Today's PCG article about PoE said that a backer beta for Mac and Linux are expected to follow Windows "within a few weeks."

Interesting, but I don't believe it.

That's more or less what Obsidian said on the matter:

Initially, we are releasing the Backer Beta on Windows only. We are still working out a few kinks on Mac and Linux, but we expect that we will be able to release those a few weeks after our initial release, if not sooner. We want to get Mac and Linux players in the game as soon as possible too.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I backed this game with a friend, he used his kickstarter account and got a higher tier (with 2 game keys and the beta) since I gave him more money. He is not interested in playing the beta. Is it all right if I get the beta key?

It should not be a problem.

• Like 2

The lag's minute?! That's fantastic! Oh... oh wait... A minute. Nevermind. 8S

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 4

And my Stream Prep is going lousy. I've got the webcam and video capture to work, but the lag is almost a minute no matter what Bitrate I set.

Might that be an in-built setting? Usually 1-2 min delay is for competitive match streams to prevent cheating.

• Like 2

And my Stream Prep is going lousy. I've got the webcam and video capture to work, but the lag is almost a minute no matter what Bitrate I set.

Might that be an in-built setting? Usually 1-2 min delay is for competitive match streams to prevent cheating.

If he's using twitch or hitbox, then that would be the case.

• Like 1

Oh wow, never even though of that. So it's permanent? 

So, Ustream has no lag but deletes videos after thirty days. I think the lag might actually be good in this case. Is the chat room lagged, too?

Edited by Bryy

Oh wow, never even though of that. So it's permanent? 

So, Ustream has no lag but deletes videos after thirty days. I think the lag might actually be good in this case. Is the chat room lagged, too?

In that they see the footage 1 minute behind yes, however the chat messages come up in real time for you. So the backseat gaming is probably going to be especially unhelpful depending on how fast you play :p

• Like 1