Update #83: Backer Portal, Backer Beta, and Wasteland 2 Keys

why steam only?

i thought josh said somewhere they would be using another client.

it's not the end of the world, and i'll play it regardless, but still dissappointed.

however, could you at least confirm that this won't be early access? so no one from outside will be able to join?

A quick question if I may, is there anywhere that I may see what rewards I currently have, i've totally forgotten what they are at my level?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That is a abit stiff, having to add $130 for something that I can head over to STEAM now and get for $59, does not make sense.

Can Someone verify this information about the $165 +  Tier requirement please?

Well, I'm going by the tier description images in the original Kickstarter campaign. You do get other things besides the Wasteland 2 key, too.

Beta key seems to be $110+, or a $25 addon.

• Like 1

A quick question if I may, is there anywhere that I may see what rewards I currently have, i've totally forgotten what they are at my level?

Go to the backer portal. Choose "My Account" in the top right corner and then click "Orders". Or "Manage Pledges" in the top right corner.

• Like 1

Oh, right, and I never got my custom forum title with the Order addon I purchased ages ago!

For you, and anyone else who pledged for the Obsidian Order of Eternity but has not yet received your title, please go to this thread and post your name, followed by the title you requested.

I'm not sure why, but some of the title surveys from the Portal seem to have made their way to the forum mods (some people received their titles without posting in that thread at all), but most didn't.

If you'll present your name and desired title in that thread, though, I'll make sure it gets to the Great Title Weaver, :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Cool !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Just to be on the safe side: Are beta backers allowed to make screenshots, videos and talk about the content of the beta?

Or are there any NDA-like restrictions?

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Just to be on the safe side: Are beta backers allowed to make screenshots, videos and talk about the content of the beta?

Or are there any NDA-like restrictions?

Yes, they want you to spread the word or images, videos or whatever as much as you can.

My address tab is totally empty and non editable. My orders tab is also empty but I'm pretty sure I qualified for the Wasteland key. Should I start panicking and running for support or is this known and will be fixed?

Hmm, maybe someone can correct me but since you don't even seem to have a Backer Badge you might want to contact support.

Or did you pledge just now? In that case I'd wait a little longer.

I got really excited until I realised my Wasteland 2 key was included with my Torment pledge not my Eternity one. Curses!

Then you've had access to W2 for a few months now. My W2 key was included with my Torment pledge and I got my key a while ago from inexile.

My address tab is totally empty and non editable. My orders tab is also empty but I'm pretty sure I qualified for the Wasteland key. Should I start panicking and running for support or is this known and will be fixed?

Hmm, maybe someone can correct me but since you don't even seem to have a Backer Badge you might want to contact support.

Or did you pledge just now? In that case I'd wait a little longer.

I backed the game back in October 2012, I also left a message at the badge request thread, thanks.

• We will be releasing the Backer Beta on Steam only. [...]
  • Initially, we are releasing the Backer Beta on Windows only. [...]

:(

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I got really excited until I realised my Wasteland 2 key was included with my Torment pledge not my Eternity one. Curses!

Then you've had access to W2 for a few months now. My W2 key was included with my Torment pledge and I got my key a while ago from inexile.

how?

lol, found it, will that beta key get normal key when the game is released, or do I have to fetch a new one by then?

Edited by D'rez

It sounds as though your pledge hasn't yet been confirmed (even if you've already gone through the steps to confirm it). If you log into the portal, then click "Manage my pledge," is there anything listed there? I would double check that.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• We will be releasing the Backer Beta on Steam only. [...]
  • Initially, we are releasing the Backer Beta on Windows only. [...]

:(

Yeah, that. Well, I'm still on the fence on whether that's worth an additional $25 to me. $25 that I might not even have, depending on how the month goes...

Edited by TheRealDrMcCoy

It sounds as though your pledge hasn't yet been confirmed (even if you've already gone through the steps to confirm it). If you log into the portal, then click "Manage my pledge," is there anything listed there? I would double check that.

Yeah, it lists all my backings with a green "✔OK" next to it. My email address is also the same that I used with the kickstarter so I'm not sure what the problem is, I better just send support a message.

Edited by Kal'Daran