Need help finding other EU stuff like KOTOR II

I googled these forums and was surprised (and delighted!) that they were still around and that the most recent post was within a couple days. 

I've been all nostalgic recently listening to KOTOR II's soundtrack, and I really wanted to ask other people who are familiar with the type of story KOTOR II portrays a question. 

What other expanded universe stuff portrays the Star Wars universe in a similar/dark way? It could be anything, books, comics, games. I'm hungry for more stuff like KOTOR II (if it exists) and would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction. 

Thanks kindly,

Albion72

A good place to start are the original Tales of the Jedi comics from Dark Horse. Lots of the KotOR material were derived from these stories. They varied in quality but I would recommend Dark Lords of the Sith, The Sith War, and especially Redemption. They are actually still in print as an Omnibus collection as Tales of the Jedi Volume 2.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Thanks for the suggestions. 

Already purchased Parts 1 and 2 of Tales of the Jedi Kindle Edition off Amazon, 68% through the first one (concluding the Great Hyperspace War). Going to definitely replay both KOTOR games when I'm through with these. 

I'll also pick up Republic Commando. Any other suggestions?

• Like 1

Any books by Matt Stover have strong thematic resemblance to Kotor2- Shadows of Mindor, Shatterpoint and Traitor. The last one is part of a larger series of 19 (?) books of varied quality but is probably closest in theme to K2 of any EU work, and has one character who is very reminiscent* of Kreia.

*actually the other way around, since Traitor predates K2. As much as Kreia is similar to Ravel from Planescape Torment her philosophy on the force is very similar to Vergere's.

Already purchased Parts 1 and 2 of Tales of the Jedi Kindle Edition off Amazon, 68% through the first one (concluding the Great Hyperspace War). Going to definitely replay both KOTOR games when I'm through with these. 

I'd start with the Ulic Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider stories at the end of Volume One and continue through Volume 2. Then go back and read the beginning of Volume 1.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'd start with the Ulic Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider stories at the end of Volume One and continue through Volume 2. Then go back and read the beginning of Volume 1.

Thanks for the suggestion but I had already read everything about the Great Hyperspace War by the time you posted, lol. 

@Zoraptor I will take a look at those books as well.