Great article...

There are a few here that I got a chuckle out of:

16) Ghetto Fighter

NO. JUST NO. Another completely insane and needless Dwarf specialty class, which included the following lines in its description:" The Ghetto Fighter never forgets his lowly origins and may harbor resentments against dwarves who are better off. However, he stays true to his roots, and will try to better the lives of ghetto children."

An O.G. Representin' in the 'hood. lol

24) Urban Druid

These members of this 3.5 edition class celebrate nature by… staying as far as hell away from it as possible. Hell, at least the Arctic Druids may occasionally encounter a penguin or something. Clearly this is just a cheat to let players have Druid powers while ignoring everything else about Druids, which I'm kind of down with in principle, but even just typing it sounds completely obnoxious. These guys are the hipsters of the Druid world. "Yeah, I liked nature all right, but then all these other Druids moved out and ruined everything, So I've come to the city to get my head together. Maybe start a band or something."

In other words, Hippies. The 1960s Woodstock type. Edited by Stun

PALADIN OF SLAUGHTER

The only art character I recognize there, is Wulfgar, the "barbarian fighter," from Salvatore's original Forgotten Realms books. Crazy how some artists are still to this day, instantly recognizable, Elmore and Caldwell. Jeff Easley was the other period master, and Keith Parkinson, god rest him. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I do believe the Beggar class may well have been born from Mr Gygax' novel "Saga of Old City." Gord the Rogue was scraped up off the streets to train under Beggarmaster Theobald, as well as practising acrobatics and such. As I remember the Beggarmaster grew prideful however and his guild was destroyed by the thieves.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I remember the Mine Rowdy.

Wish I knew there was a clown class, though. But I never got the FR supplements.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man