Yeah, but, like, you keep going on about it.

Uh, sorry, I didn't know I had a max amount of posts to spend in a certain thread.

Because she was totally trying to imply you did.

You know what else consumes time resources? Excessive bathroom breaks. I think we're entitled, as backers, to view the Obsidian Bathroom Ledger. No leisurely commode trips on my dime!

That, or we can cut them some slack on the silly things and grant them a reasonable measure of headroom.

• Like 1

As Josh already pointed out, it was discovered while working on another feature using scaleable bone systems and they just made a button to toggle it. The amount of resources spent on it is so infinitely small as to be negligable. If this had taken any effort, your point would make sense, but it didn't take enough significant time to even call it "using resources". The fact that Josh had to reply to this in the first place means this discussion has, at this point, literally wasted more significant development resources than this feature did. ;(

That is not true though. As I pointed out in previous posts, time (ie resources) will be spent testing and fixing bugs regarding this feature. I'm not saying it will be a huge amount of time spent on it, but it will de facto take time which in this particular case I feel is very unnecessary. They did it for funsies and on a project like this, where resources are scarce, I find they made a wrong decision about it. Quite some people find my opinion on this provocative apparently, which I don't really understand given how most features of the game has had some sort of criticism or negative response.

@PrimeJunta - I'm sorry if I came off as impolite. That was never my intention.

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Due to the use of the same skeletal scaling fuction for weapon scaling of differently sized characters as Josh pointed out that testing would have been carried out regardless of whether or not this feature was in. If they were to cut Big Head Mode out right this very instant the amount of testing time would remain entirely unchanged.

• Like 1

Due to the use of the same skeletal scaling fuction for weapon scaling of differently sized characters as Josh pointed out that testing would have been carried out regardless of whether or not this feature was in. If they were to cut Big Head Mode out right this very instant the amount of testing time would remain entirely unchanged.

I know what he wrote, however big heads disappearing (when flipping back and forth) in inventory and wolves without big heads? That would have been tested and fixed if it hadn't been a feature? I doubt it, but hey, lets just hope and assume I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

No offense to the BHM fans but to me its just a gimmick. I don't see the point but if it enhances your RPG experience or makes the game more immersive somehow then that's great :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

so, from the guy who got his shorts in a twist over bioware adding pop culture references to bg and has complained more than once 'bout humor in crpgs, we get bobblehead mode?

*shrug*

the next time josh complains 'bout stoopid humor in a game, we is thinking he maybe needs his head examined, or perhaps deserves a swift kick to the head. am of two minds on this. on the one hand, this is an obsidian game and they can put into the game whatever idea pops into their head if they so desire. on the other, there is a clear disconnect between what josh says and what is going on in his noggin. in any event, am having a hard time wrapping our head around this... feature.

on a more serious note, it does make it difficult to take serious anything josh says about game humor. big heads? really?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yeah josh sawyer what is up with this sharp reversal of your no fun in video games ever policy

how do you justify stopping all employees from building new areas and characters to make them ensure wolves have big heads

every deficiency of this game is going to be the fault of the big heads. low res character models: big heads' fault. lack of full voice acting: big heads. game does not fulfill every one of my expectations: big heads.

• Like 2

yeah josh sawyer what is up with this sharp reversal of your no fun in video games ever policy

how do you justify stopping all employees from building new areas and characters to make them ensure wolves have big heads

every deficiency of this game is going to be the fault of the big heads. low res character models: big heads' fault. lack of full voice acting: big heads. game does not fulfill every one of my expectations: big heads.

:lol:

This post made me laugh, especially the first line

Well played :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

so, from the guy who got his shorts in a twist over bioware adding pop culture references to bg and has complained more than once 'bout humor in crpgs, we get bobblehead mode?

I also had the team implement Wild Wasteland in F:NV, an optional mode people could enable for wacky (including pop-culture) content.  The common element is that they're optional.  If you don't enable it, you'll never see it.

on a more serious note, it does make it difficult to take serious anything josh says about game humor. big heads? really?

I don't think you take most of the things I say take seriously, which is an unfortunate failure on my part, but hard to overcome.

• Like 6

And yet, not a single pun about heads from lephys, the self acclaimed pun smith.

His stack of puns seems to be kind of headless. Or maybe he didn't buy enough ahead?

I'm almost certain I inadvertently started this conga-line of pun-ishment.

Post #6 in this thread. One could say I was... spearheading this little operation? 6_u

Seriously though, it's good to know someone's ensuring that I do my job, heh.

In these dark, dark times of gamelessness while we wait, it's important to keep morale up. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I also had the team implement Wild Wasteland in F:NV, an optional mode people could enable for wacky (including pop-culture) content.  The common element is that they're optional.  If you don't enable it, you'll never see it.

I don't think you take most of the things I say take seriously, which is an unfortunate failure on my part, but hard to overcome.

am thinking there is a typo in there, but am gonna guess you is saying that Gromnir fails to take you serious, yes? thank goodness for our impertinence. if we took you half as serious as you frequent take yourself, we would be needing to observe solemnity on par with a murder trial.  quoted post being an illustrative example.

*chuckle*

am not certain if josh recognizes the irony o' his complaint given the subject matter o' the thread and the context o' our post. oh well. perhaps yet another reason to question the reflex on josh's funny bone.

HA! Good Fun!

ps rather than using all the head puns we shoulda indulged in ubiquitous emoticons. that is what the kids do nowadays, yes?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am thinking there is a typo in there, but am gonna guess you is saying that Gromnir fails to take you serious, yes? 

Of course not.  Not at all.  If you don't have faith in the sincerity or consistency of what I write or say, why would you take me seriously?  I try to be as forthright and consistent as I can be with everyone, but as much as I try to imagine things from other points of view, I ultimately can only see things from my perspective.  If people see contradictions in what I'm writing, saying, and doing and I can't reconcile those contradictions, one way or another it's a failure on my part.  Either I'm genuinely contradicting myself in word/deed or I'm not explaining myself well enough and the conversation becomes unproductive for everyone involved.

• Like 7

I think we need to give each other room for small contradictions at least. I often find that my grasp on language is insufficient to properly communicate my thoughts as I feel they ought to be expressed. Like you said, maybe that is a failure on my part in explanation. Or perhaps I have changed, as human beings are wont to do, and I contradict my earlier position. Despite trying to be consistent on everything to everyone, we are probably going to have little contradictions (perceived or genuine) here and there. I think that's understandable.

ps rather than using all the head puns we shoulda indulged in ubiquitous emoticons. that is what the kids do nowadays, yes?

:banghead::aiee::deadhorse::facepalm::closed:

But none of the heads therein are large enough to accomodate the message ... maybe this one? :alienani:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

In these dark, dark times of gamelessness while we wait, it's important to keep morale up. :)

Indeed Lephys.  If it weren't for your efforts we would never be able to keep our heads above water.

As an aside, seriously guys?  Why does every thread on this forum have to be super serious and go anal retentive?  There was no effort put into making Big Head mode specifically, the testing involved was going to be done regardless.  To even insinuate resources are being taken from core game mechanics to make this happen is laughable.  Little eater eggs like this are part of what make games fun, and we as gamers should ALWAYS get behind developers who want to inject a little more of themselves through humor or whatever means in our games.  Lastly for all we backed Eternity and care about it I hate to be brutal but this is Obsidian's life and prosperity, not their buck 20, not their hobby, not something they do to relax.  They deserve to have a chance to laugh while making this game and have fun with it, don't try to take that away.

• Like 6

^ NONSENSE! THEY ARE CODE-BOTS! The fact that they were defectively programmed with human needs and psyches is most unfortunate, but IRRELEVANT! GET BACK TO WORK! *cracks whip*

Or, in the words of that kid from Wedding Crashers, "MAKE ME A BICYCLE, CLOWN!"

Wait... did you just... did you just spend a dollar at the drink machine?! A dollar... from your PAYCHECK?! WRONGFULLY-ALLOCATED RESOURCES! *blows whistle*

8)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Guys since we are discussing misunderstandings in each others posts I thought this would be a good time to say "I really like Romance in RPG"...I just wanted to make this clear in case there was any doubt or ambiguity..I don't want people to misinterpret my views   :biggrin:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Guys since we are discussing misunderstandings in each others posts I thought this would be a good time to say "I really like Romance in RPG"...I just wanted to make this clear in case there was any doubt or ambiguity..I don't want people to misinterpret my views   :biggrin:

In which RPG? Any in particular, or you've liked all the romances you've seen in every RPG you've played?

• Like 1