Not bad, twice as long as IGN, about half as entertaining, which may be due to my preference for female voices. Josh seems a little less engaged ... I bet multiple demos can be tiresome. 

Wonder if we'll see some magic before beta. 

All Stop. On Screen.

^^yeah, I thought they dropped stuff that they'd consumed but hadn't disolved yet / couldn't be disolved.

(though for the latter, don't they 'excrete' them anyway after a while?)

(Edit: reply to Stun's post, obviously)

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Watching the demo I noticed something. In some other thread, someone complained about the black ooze dropping the cloak of protection as loot.

In this video it was quite clear that the ooze didn't drop the cloak as loot. Rather the cloak was found in an urn in the secret chamber.

Thing about this stuff is, I find it perfectly reasonable to question it/point it out, but even if it did drop a cloak, my first guess would be "the loot-drop stuff is a bit wonky/unfinished," and not "Obsidian obviously thinks amorphous entities should drop humanoid equipment/attire." 8P

I was not saying one way was better than the other. I just wanted to correct the missunderstanding.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I think it would also be nice to be able to see the portrait while customizing the character model/appearance (iirc, the portrait appears at the top after customization is complete).

I can understand why you'd want to see that.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

I was not saying one way was better than the other. I just wanted to correct the missunderstanding.

Oh I know. Sorry about that. I was just using your words to reference the issue. Then just commenting on how a lot of these "problems" that get pointed out or questioned would probably do well to be figured as unintentional because of the incomplete game build. 8P

^^yeah, I thought they dropped stuff that they'd consumed but hadn't disolved yet / couldn't be disolved.

(though for the latter, don't they 'excrete' them anyway after a while?)

(Edit: reply to Stun's post, obviously)

This. I know an ooze would have the possibility of dropping humanoid equipment, but, you'd think the digestion period for even an amorphous, sentient ooze wouldn't be eternity (no pun intended, but pun still appreciated).

Anywho, an ooze was a bad example to reference, since the point was more about things that obviously wouldn't just drop swords and jewelry (in the "you drop what you're wielding/carrying" aspect of the loot system.)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 2 weeks later...

It's not too revealing. Besides, the memories will super-fade between now and release anyway.

What I'm wondering is what that poster in the background is for. It was nagging at me the entire time, but when I rewound I couldn't get a clear shot of it.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

So yeah, go away for a while, they show ingame footage... just my luck... observations on this video (and from what I hear the others are the same, just with different lesser commentaries)... so here we go;

Notices:
* Humans mentions bonus to Strength and Willpower. Both of those don't exist. Also, shame it doesn't list those things stastical in both race and class.
* Doesn't make much sense picking a culture after stats if they affect stats (and they do, as can be seen in the stats screen before that).
* Variations will make a lot of options, and as can be seen browsing the same dude 5 times for the next is... iffy. Probably best to first select the guy, and have a sub-section for changes, so you don't need to shift through all these variations all the time.
* Yeeeeeaaah... that game-UI sucks. The other ones (dialog, trade) are nice though... A little less impressed with the popup 'floaty' inventory :/
* I see red-filling of characters! Yay... apparently that's stamina, and the green bar health. Still not fond of the ugly green bar... but can't quite think how to resolve that. Maybe having decorations around them make them less stand-out and ugly? That's atleast some way...
* Camping stock sounds like all those potions and wands and scrolls I carried around in the IE-games... items you think you need, find valuable, and hence never use since 'maybe I need it more later' and then you never use them...
* Design looks great. Probably want a bit more zoomed out personally :)
* Combat? Not so much... don't recall having to beat up stuff quite so much in the IE games early on... not sure if that increased hitpoint gain will add much fun. Doesn't look like it, but we'll just have to see when playing ourselves, right?

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee