RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/02/gabriel-knight-interview-jane-jensen-on-the-revival-of-her-classic-adventure-game/

Some information about the new Gabriel Knight game, I never played the original game so this one will be a must for me

Go play it now, it's on GOG and is cheap.

But don't you think its better I wait for the new version of the game? Because I don't want to ruin the excitement ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/02/gabriel-knight-interview-jane-jensen-on-the-revival-of-her-classic-adventure-game/

Some information about the new Gabriel Knight game, I never played the original game so this one will be a must for me

Jane Jensen is the Chris Avellone of Horror themed Adventure games.

The music by Robert Holmes is brilliant. St. George's Bookshop in particular is my favorite video game track.

Confession: I never actually finished any of the games, but I'm getting this on day one of release.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Okay, the game needs a mod that gives the commander of Slavic Federation a tracksuit and makes him squat.

And the American Reclamation Corporation should get gold teeth and a big ass chain with a spinner on it.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Okay, the game needs a mod that gives the commander of Slavic Federation a tracksuit and makes him squat.

And the American Reclamation Corporation should gold teeth and a big ass chain with a spinner on it.

Exactly, wearing a uncle sam suit!

Would totally use them.

Go play it now, it's on GOG and is cheap.

But don't you think its better I wait for the new version of the game? Because I don't want to ruin the excitement ?

To be honest, I do think that the art is a significant downgrade from the original pixel art. Plus it'll be difficult to top the original's voice acting.

I'm only getting this for the convenience of play on iOS.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The original was a great game, nothing is hurt or diminished by playing it. Additionally, you get to hear the original voices.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

First gameplay of Obsidians Armored Warfare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-cJAgMW10w

Hehe, didn't realize it's actually a World of Tanks clone, just with modern vehicles and more features.

Their long-term direction is a bit different from WOT's.

Also that's pre-alpha footage. Still lots of things that are going to change. I doubt thats the final UI for example.

Edited by C2B

New trailer shown during today's Nintendo Direct

They also revealed that the Nintendo outfits in Bayonetta (Link, Samus, Peach, Daisy) will be available in the sequel also, and there is an extra outfit available just for Bayonetta 2, the Fox McCloud outfit.

large.jpg

That's the only picture I could find of it right now, but her guns are freakin' Arwings.  :w00t:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh man, at the end when Feargus was talking about the wuxia RPG Black Isle and BioWare were mulling over, I was getting a super raging boner.  Now I'm so sad that game never happened.  If Obsidian were to kickstart a wuxia RPG I would wind up pledging way more money to it than I probably should.  I love wuxia so freakin' much.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It did happen. It's called Jade Empire. And, it's underrated. It also sold the least of all BIO's RPGs - despite selling 1.5-2mil copies within the first year which was considered not good enough to qualify for a sequel.

Too bad since its years better than KOTOR or BG1.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It did happen. It's called Jade Empire. And, it's underrated. It also sold the least of all BIO's RPGs - despite selling 1.5-2mil copies within the first year which was considered not good enough to qualify for a sequel.

Too bad since its years better than KOTOR or BG1.

I know about Jade Empire, I like it a lot.  The game they discussed sounded fairly different, though Jade Empire could definitely have evolved from it.  I agree about Jade Empire being better than KotOR, disagree with it being better than BG1.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The entire Imperial City is a KOTOR retread plus filler, also JE only has two hubs, so I don't see how it's better. Unless you prefer action combat, then may be.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

JE is simply superior to KOTOR in every meaningful way. KOTOR is dumbed down NW. JE is its own thing. It has the bestter writing, characters, story, combat,  graphics, music, game, play, on, and on.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The entire Imperial City is a KOTOR retread plus filler, also JE only has two hubs, so I don't see how it's better. Unless you prefer action combat, then may be.

My dislike of KotOR (and, by extension, KotOR2) is due to it having some of the worst combat in any game ever.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸