RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/30/the-pc-gamer-top-100/

So another list of 100 best PC games of all time but from the very credible PC Gamer

Not a bad list but I question there number 1 game :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Interetsing choice. ME2 si a really good game but best? It might not even be top 5 BIO games. No NWN. BOOOOOOOOOO! Thank GOD KOTOR series didn't make it.

FO3 over FO:NV. Not surprising but laughable nonetheless. FO2 should be on the list as well.

Dunno how they can have ME3 on there but not ME1. COME ON.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Interetsing choice. ME2 si a really good game but best? It might not even be top 5 BIO games. No NWN. BOOOOOOOOOO! Thank GOD KOTOR series didn't make it.

FO3 over FO:NV. Not surprising but laughable nonetheless. FO2 should be on the list as well.

Dunno how they can have ME3 on there but not ME1. COME ON.

I agree, I am surprised by some of the choices

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Plus FF7 and no FF8? Again, not surprising, but plain wrong. Kind surprised no Gothic game made it either thoguh they aren't my absolute favorites I know they have their fanboys. Friggin' Twitcher... *twitches* L0L ES L0L

That's easy. The top of the list would litter with Obsidian/BIS titles. Through in some BIO, Twitcher, ES, and any other RPG you can think about to tidy up the bottom half.  It might be the only top 10 lthat includes IWD2. <>

credible PC gamer? rofl. The dorito pope is more credible than pc gamer. <_>

Seeing trash like Doom 3 and Diablo 3 on their list I'm inclined to agree. GW2 doesn't exactly deserve the accolades either. Maybe it's just me but even Rift was better. And where's Starcraft? Where's SC2? Where's WC3?

/facepalm

Edited by prodigydancer

After reading that list, i am no longer surprised by the dumb comments at imdb.com. They are not trolls, just people with horrible taste.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm considering buying the Oculus dev kit. Does anyone own one, is there any stuff you can already play with it?

I don't own an Oculus, but I do know that there are games out that support it.  I own (at least) 2 games that support Oculus: Euro Truck Simulator 2 and World of Diving.  Here is a list of games and applications that support Oculus.  I'm not sure if all of these are out yet or what the rating numbers mean.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wasn't it said that the "real" Oculus version will be released somewhere around this christmas? If so, then I'll guess it would be better to just wait a little longer and get the real deal, no?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The only Saints Row game I played was the 3rd and it's just another jack of all trades open world game that quickly becomes uninteresting after the start of it. I finished the game but will never play another, which seems to be my attitude towards most games these days. 

..Saints Row 2 was actually really well written. Very accomplished at tying the story-telling into the mechanics as well. That you played into and out of events while controlling the pacing, instead of just triggering cutscenes. While the writers were aware enough of the unreal way the game works that they never took themselves too seriously either. 

And you could spray-paint entire suburbs with a septic-tanker put in reverse. 

You see a not entirely failed attempt at that in the latest games as well. That the story-telling tries to create scenarios that are fantastic enough that the ridiculous mechanics and gameplay the games in the genre has fits into it. Really is the entire premise of SR4.

• Like 4

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

..Saints Row 2 was actually really well written. Very accomplished at tying the story-telling into the mechanics as well. That you played into and out of events while controlling the pacing, instead of just triggering cutscenes. While the writers were aware enough of the unreal way the game works that they never took themselves too seriously either. 

You see a not entirely failed attempt at that in the latest games as well. That the story-telling tries to create scenarios that are fantastic enough that the ridiculous mechanics and gameplay the games in the genre has fits into it. Really is the entire premise of SR4.

Still sounds about as much fun as the insurance fraud mechanic. I just can't get into sandbox games anymore but obviously a lot of people still like them.

Edited by Blodhemn

Still sounds about as much fun as the insurance fraud mechanic. I just can't get into sandbox games anymore but obviously a lot of people still like them.

I, in general, loathe sandbox games, but have enjoyed the two saints rows I've played (3 and 4) tremendously. I tried a demo of 2, but it had terribad controls on the ps3 that couldn't be remapped into anything sensible (at least in the demo).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I, in general, loathe sandbox games, but have enjoyed the two saints rows I've played (3 and 4) tremendously. I tried a demo of 2, but it had terribad controls on the ps3 that couldn't be remapped into anything sensible (at least in the demo).

SR3 just felt like Just Cause 2 with an actual story and bigger variety of the samey missions, and I hated JC2. Not saying it's horrible, but definitely something I'm not into anymore.

Insurance fraud is really easy when you can fly.

That's not the point. It is easy but it's more like, why is that even in a game? It's not fun. Doing it once was more than enough.