RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Nintendo is going to sell 2 DLCs for Mario Kart 8 with new characters, new vehicles, and new tracks.

280234-hnew1.jpg

Oh man, Cat Peach, Dry Bowser, a Blue Falcon kart and 16 added courses?  Yes, please!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Thought the Pikmin 3 DLC was terrible value, so good to see Nintendo have pulled their heads in a little. $12 for both packs together (who'd buy them individually for $8 each?) is more than reasonable - with the caveat that that's the US pricing, waiting to see what the markup is for other regions.

Details up on the official MK8 site now.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

That price is worth it for Dry Bowser and the Blue Falcon kart alone, the rest is just icing on the cake.  I imagine many of the tracks will be remakes from older games, which I have no problem with, probably half, like the base game.  Looks like we're getting an Animal Crossing themed track, an F-Zero themed track, and is that an Excitebike themed track I see?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No Rainbow Road in the new Mario Kart? You know, everyone's favorite track of all time.

Mario Kart 8 has not one but two Rainbow Roads already.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLm8D4f8njo

Most of you are probably aware that the classic arcade game Gauntlet is being remade, here is a video around gameplay. It looks fun :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

yeah, exactly my thoughts. if most games are made with VR in mind, I'll stop playing new releases

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

yeah, exactly my thoughts. if most games are made with VR in mind, I'll stop playing new releases

Here lies the gaming career of sorophx

Ended abruptly due to technological difficulties.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

HL2 is one of the very few games that gives me motion sickness in its standard form - even watching a gameplay video of it sets me off. VR HL2 would just be cruel.

Really? Have you ever played Max Payne 3? Please don't. That game screwed up my eyes for an entire night. The whole game was based around this stylized disoriented bs, and that ruined the little fun I expected to get out of it. Game designers just fail so hard when trying something new, it's no wonder every genre spits out the same game ad nauseam.

I've played the previous two Max Payne games, not extensively but for a few hours, but was fine - but yeah, never played the third because I didn't particularly enjoy them. I don't think it's any one special 'artistic' effect in particular, I have a suspicion that it's because of the way a particular engine handles player movement. In my case I suspect it's a Source Engine thing, with the caveat that the sample size is small. I don't even remember the context in which I played HL2 since I don't own the game, a demo or at a friend's house perhaps. VtM:Bloodlines gave me a bit of trouble, but nowhere near as bad, maybe the slow pacing and use of the third person camera at times helped. More recently it was just a YouTube video of HL2 that I couldn't keep watching after about 10 minutes.

I don't think any other game has ever given me trouble.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I thought the IGN Plays the Playable Teaser was quite hilarious with the reactions of the player and the other commentator. I've been there before with survival horror games (I remember one time getting scared so bad that when something attacked me, I ended up unintentionally throwing the controller into the air via my startled reaction. Good times, good times) so I sympathize with them on this matter.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man