Yes, it seems like it is true to the original series in terms of action and general craziness, which is great. I also think Tom Hardy is a good choice.
What I do not like about it is the guns. Which is funny, because I'm a gun collector nut. I was hoping to see more crazy improved firearms and brutal meele weapons instead of pistols and lever action rifles. But this is just a tiny personal gripe. 

Well, looks like I just found another reason to stay alive for one more year. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

But OTOH the cars and vehicles are deeply cool.

Mad Max 2 (my favourite of the three) has compound bows, shotguns and (of course) razor-sharp boomerangs. I hope we see at least a nod to those.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Mad Max 2 was definitely the best of the series, with Mad Max 1 being a close second. Beyond Thunderdome had some redeemable scenes but the whole children-savior crap was really really bizarre, a failed try to make it family-friendly. 

Also, I'm pretty sure that guy in the car with the deadhead-jaw-mask-thingy and the white long hair is Hugh Keays-Byrne aka ''Toecutter'', who was confirmed to play a role in this movie. 

Not Mel Gibson. Not Mad Max.

I also like how they decide to show how 'tough and edgy' "Max" is at start of trailer by having squish a little lizard. How mucho he is.

That criticism aside, looks like it could be a fun action though shallow film. And, I have no issue with Hardy.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On the optimistic side as George Miller is still running the show.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Not Mel Gibson. Not Mad Max.

I also like how they decide to show how 'tough and edgy' "Max" is at start of trailer by having squish a little lizard. How mucho he is.

That criticism aside, looks like it could be a fun action though shallow film. And, I have no issue with Hardy.

If you think of it more as Charlize Theron replacing Mel Gibson, instead of Tom Hardy, I think it holds up better.  She looks badass. 

I facepalmed when he went into dark, brooding, gruff voice in the beginning.  The rest of the trailer was pretty badass, though.  Plus it's got Charlize Theron with a mechanical arm, which is a plus.  I hope this turns out well.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Looks like a 70% CGI music video. But since it's George Miller and Mad Max, I think I'll let it fly.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

No Charlton Heston - No Planet of the Apes.

Movie looks good, I'm sure to watch it when it comes out.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Looks like a 70% CGI music video. But since it's George Miller and Mad Max, I think I'll let it fly.

I think I can live with a few CGI 'splosions and sandstorms, the cars are real and look amazing, so do the actors. 

Also something I noticed, when Max fires the rifle it recoils. So? Well, recoil is hard to simulate with blank firing guns, so props to the director or the weaponry-advisors. You don't see recoil in most ''realistic'' over hyped war movies so thats a nice little detail. 

I wonder if Charlize Theron went method and actually had her arm amputated for the movie?  Now that would be commitment to your role.  :shifty:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm on the "Tom Hardy as Max is meh at best" train, but it doesn't necessarily mean I will despise the whole movie based on that single fact opinion.

Oh well, we'll see - definitely going to see that in cinema which is SOMETHING, given how it was literally years ago, when I got that free ticket from my former employer to see...

Wow, I can't even recall what it was - must have been the very definition of mediocre.

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

I certainly don't expect this to wind up being Road Warrior good.  But heck, if this winds up being Beyond Thunderdome good I'll happily watch the bejesus out of it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Since Miller has confirmed this is a re-boot and nothing to do with the original movies, I have to wonder how much back story is in this prior to the interceptor being written off in the trailer. I wonder how much of a back story we'll get if any. I do hope there is way more substance then what the clip shows, if that's all it is then it looks like a demolition derby so while I like the trailer I certainly hope there is more to it then just crap blowing up & flying through the air.

Since Miller has confirmed this is a re-boot and nothing to do with the original movies, I have to wonder how much back story is in this prior to the interceptor being written off in the trailer. I wonder how much of a back story we'll get if any. I do hope there is way more substance then what the clip shows, if that's all it is then it looks like a demolition derby so while I like the trailer I certainly hope there is more to it then just crap blowing up & flying through the air.

They're not going to put relevant story parts into a trailer of an action movie. Don't worry, I'm sure it will have just as much story as the other Mad Max films. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1