Overflowing with money.

Unfortunately...you can't realistically predict what all players will do within your game world and when you have players opting out of the more expensive options in the game, they are going to be stuck holding the bag(trunks of gold).

The best thing they can do is give a handful of "expensive" options that you can't realistically afford to do all of them. Even still, I'm sure some people will still find a way to be "disappointed", being it they "can't do it all" or they still neglect the options to dump off the gold and are swimming in it.

A few examples...

1) Rare/Powerful expensive items - Could be from hidden merchants

2) Quests where you are able to use Bribery to get your desired result.

3) Stronghold

4) Donate to religions/charities

The possibilities are endless.

Edited by Utukka

There are always going to be players who will find a way to amass a large amount of currency. I personally remember being asked for "a copper or two" by a beggar in BG2. I looked at my fortune of 10,000 gold (or however much it was) and thought "No way... my moneys."

But seriously, they are absolutely taking steps towards avoiding this issue. If you've watched any of the gamescom livestreams you may have noticed that it costs 4000 cp to hire a lvl 4 adventurer. 4000 cp?!?! That sounds like alot to me.

• Like 2

There are always going to be players who will find a way to amass a large amount of currency. I personally remember being asked for "a copper or two" by a beggar in BG2. I looked at my fortune of 10,000 gold (or however much it was) and thought "No way... my moneys."

Hehe. See, I always give the beggar like... 100 gold. I'm waiting for the game in which that results in his having a heart attack.

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

^or, you know, giving up the begging and buying a nice  house ... then again, if begging is that lucrative...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: