Guess the release date!

This will be my first vote, I say the end of February 2015

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 months later...

March 17th, 2015 - Lord Gorchnik

April 1st, 2015 - gromnir

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

March 26. Who wins?

Well...techinically, I was the first one who wrote down March 26th on this thread... :shifty:

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

March 26. Who wins?

Well...techinically, I was the first one who wrote down March 26th on this thread... :shifty:

no winners yet in any event.  is still any number o' unexpected events that can alter a release date even this late in the game.  anybody recall the ps:t gold foible? so, am thinking it is premature to declare a winner.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Opted for direct competition with TW3, eh? It's gonna be interesting.

They've bumped the Witcher 3 release date a couple of times. It's now at May 19.

Current competition is GTAV, but I'd say that's appealing to a very different market.

They've bumped the Witcher 3 release date a couple of times. It's now at May 19.

Two months is probably a big enough window for a playthrough but I thought mostly about marketing. Something tells me that game journals will be more preoccupied with previewing TW3 rather than reviewing PoE. But we'll see.

Drat I wasn't around when this thread was going. So with Gromnir's post in mind, I say ... March 28th! :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

not to be a wet blanket, but am thinking this thread functional died after the announcement that poe would not be released in 2014.  at that point, most folks had their submissions invalidated. some kinda suggestion were made that guesses past some non-specific date would result in a penalty and/or cost.  'course nothing were actual stated or decided.

*shrug*

in any event, we suspect taht the folks that initiated the idea got caught off-guard by the announcement that 20014 were no longer viable.  interest understandably disappeared.

even so, one must concede that leferd were the first to mention march 26, so at this point he seems to have the pole. congrats?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's called strategery. Carrion feeders are probably my spirit-kin.

Anyways, going by the spirit of the "contest" --nobody legitimately guessed the correct date.

Maybe choose a date for going gold on the physical copies?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's called strategery. Carrion feeders are probably my spirit-kin.

Anyways, going by the spirit of the "contest" --nobody legitimately guessed the correct date.

Maybe choose a date for going gold on the physical copies?

well going by the spirit o' the contest, the poster with the guess closest to the actual release date would likely be the winner.  as we don't current know the actual release date, we surely don't know the winner.  that being said, as the thread were abandoned following the change in release dates, it makes it kinda difficult to identify a fair cut-off for submissions. 

oh, and we do not look down 'pon carrion feeders.  gromnir is only one letter away from grimnir, so it would be bad luck for us to be ill-disposed to carrion feeders.

HA! Good Fun!