Guess the release date!

I hope the November optimists are right, but Winter 2014 doesn't begin until December 21, and only an insane developer would release a PC game before the holidays. 

So I'll say Tuesday, 13 January, 2015.

Evidently Feargus doesn't agree with you when it comes to when winter starts: “We are absolutely going to ship this year,” said Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart during the announcement at this week’s Game Developer Conference in San Francisco. “It’s not going to ship in the early summer, but it’s not going to be the day before Christmas either.” (http://www.pcworld.com/article/2109543/paradox-obsidian-team-up-to-publish-pillars-of-eternity.html)

On that basis I'd say their targeted release window is in the Sensuki-Karkarov range. I'd like to pick 16 December. Although just to be clear if that is the date I get a reduced reward (if anything) but Karkarov still gets a full reward, right? Because if I'd reduce Karkarov's potential winnings I'd prefer to sit this one out.

• November 17th - Malekith

November 18th - Sarex

November 25th - salo

November 27th - Macrae

November 28th - Karranthain

December 1st - Zinnwaldite

December 2nd - gamerdude130

December 5th - Doppelschwert

December 9th - Sensuki

December 12th - IndiraLightFoot

December 16th - Karkarov, MasterPrudent, Bendu

December 17th - Night Stalker

December 18th - ashtonw

January 5th, 2015 - Flow

January 13th, 2015 - ManifestedISO

June 16th, 2015 - Grunker

I'd like to pick 16 December. Although just to be clear if that is the date I get a reduced reward (if anything) but Karkarov still gets a full reward, right? Because if I'd reduce Karkarov's potential winnings I'd prefer to sit this one out.

Why would he get a full reward and you get a partial reward if you picked the same day? That's unfair. We can discuss what we want do regarding reward splits later on after we get a bunch of people joining in and organize the funding stuff.

IMO If you pick the same day as other people, you "equally" share the reward. If it's just one person, then they get all of it. I think as the thread gains popularity most days will have a few names to them.

Equally in quotation marks because we're not sure what that means yet.

Edited by Sensuki

• November 17th - Malekith

November 18th - Sarex

November 25th - salo

November 27th - Macrae

November 28th - Karranthain

December 1st - Zinnwaldite

December 2nd - gamerdude130

December 3rd - Trodat

December 5th - Doppelschwert

December 9th - Sensuki

December 11th - SqueakyCat

December 12th - IndiraLightFoot

December 16th - Karkarov, MasterPrudent, Bendu

December 17th - Night Stalker

December 18th - ashtonw

January 5th, 2015 - Flow

January 13th, 2015 - ManifestedISO

January 15th, 2015 -nikolokolus

January 18th, 2015 - Lysen

February 14th, 2015 - evilmiera

June 16th, 2015 - Grunker

Edited by Sensuki

I guess I'll guess 31 November. 

Edited by TheTeaMustFlow

`This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!` - God Emperor of Didcot by Toby Frost.

When it's done !

(now i'm playing Divinity OS... next it'll be Wasteland 2 (with a taste of PoE beta)... so i can wait and hope the best for the end of this year ^^ )

(but...and to be consistent with the subject ... I would say the 25 december 2014 ;-) )

Edited by BillyCorgan

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★