What happened to Bao-Dur?

I've completed KotOR 2 with all restored content not so long ago, and now I don't have a feel that the game was incomplete, but what still bothers me is what happened with Bao-Dur? 

He wasn't on Malachor V, when every character from your party met his own "Malachor", and there is no signs of him in Star Wars: The Old Republic. There is even no dialogue lines or voices to help a modder to complete his story.

I've read several threads on this subject, and I've had a feeling that Obsidian didn't told anybody because SW is not their IP, and basically only Lucas decided who lives and who dies. I simply do not believe that no one from Obsidian knows what they wanted to do with this character.

But what does it matter now? Star Wars was bought by the Mouse, and Old Republic is not even canon anymore. Maybe someone from Obsidian could finally give a few hints what happened with him? Or at least what was supposed to happen?  :unsure:

If I recall, Bao-Dur was supposed to sacrifice himself to save the Exile right before crash landing on Malachor V. Hence why his remote is carrying out his orders instead of himself - it's his last will and testament so to speak.

I'd give you a source, but I think I read this in 2006. I simply can't recall what my source is. I can't even recall what the circumstances of his sacrifice were. I know it was never voiced or implemented, hence why no variant of it was created for a restoration mod. Sorry I can't be of more help.

If I recall, Bao-Dur was supposed to sacrifice himself to save the Exile right before crash landing on Malachor V. Hence why his remote is carrying out his orders instead of himself - it's his last will and testament so to speak.

I'd give you a source, but I think I read this in 2006. I simply can't recall what my source is. I can't even recall what the circumstances of his sacrifice were. I know it was never voiced or implemented, hence why no variant of it was created for a restoration mod. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Well, probably something like that. In restored content he said that he needs to do "something" slightly before you arrived on Malachor (if I remember it correctly, he wasn't available on Battle for Taris/Ravager). I thought he tried to activate mass shadow generator on his own, but failed to do it.

I've completed KotOR 2 with all restored content not so long ago, and now I don't have a feel that the game was incomplete, but what still bothers me is what happened with Bao-Dur? 

He wasn't on Malachor V, when every character from your party met his own "Malachor", and there is no signs of him in Star Wars: The Old Republic. There is even no dialogue lines or voices to help a modder to complete his story.

I've read several threads on this subject, and I've had a feeling that Obsidian didn't told anybody because SW is not their IP, and basically only Lucas decided who lives and who dies. I simply do not believe that no one from Obsidian knows what they wanted to do with this character.

But what does it matter now? Star Wars was bought by the Mouse, and Old Republic is not even canon anymore. Maybe someone from Obsidian could finally give a few hints what happened with him? Or at least what was supposed to happen?  :unsure:

the cut content suggest that Bao-Dur was to die on Telos IV to reach the HK Factory,but thanks to LA,who wanted the game as rushed as possible,Bao-Dur is not mentioned anymore.

Well, probably something like that. In restored content he said that he needs to do "something" slightly before you arrived on Malachor (if I remember it correctly, he wasn't available on Battle for Taris/Ravager). I thought he tried to activate mass shadow generator on his own, but failed to do it.

I meant Battle for Telos/Ravager of course. Strange, can't edit my post anymore.

the cut content suggest that Bao-Dur was to die on Telos IV to reach the HK Factory,but thanks to LA,who wanted the game as rushed as possible,Bao-Dur is not mentioned anymore.

It seems like there are lots of theories. That's why I created this topic. Of course it was foolish to expect that someone "who knows" actually will make a post here.

BTW, do you have some sort of link for this?

Edited by Nines

As far as I know, the only hint (If you can call it that) is a quote from Atton, when the Sith are attacking Telos. Grenn asks where Bao-Dur is, and Atton says "Come to think of it, where did he run off to? HK-47 too.". Which suggests that he went with HK and indeed died helping him. Sad, Bao-Dur was one of my favourite characters. 

It also explains why Traya couldn't read his future.

Of course the reply is heavily marred with "if I recall", the post linked was made 5 years after release.

Also mentions of 'more cutscenes with Atris' but those are not fleshed out at all. And there's nothing in the files.

Personally I think they wanted him in KOTOR3, and leave him ambigeous... they didn't work up all the "Kreia can't read him, the Exile can" for nothing after all...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee