KotOR 3 on Kickstarter

Hello everyone,

I love good as every game by Obsidian and when I played The Stick of Truth I thought once again that it would be so unbelievable awesome if Obsidian could make a third KotOR game.

Years ago we had the problem that LucasArts thought that rubbish like The Old Republic could be something like a KotOR 3-6. But every KotOR fan knows that story and gameplay of The Old Republic were junk.

Now Disney has the rights of Star Wars and we all know that they just want to make as much money as they can with this franchise. So why can't Obsidian ask them how much money they need to pay for getting the permission to make KotOR 3 and after that Obsidian could make a Kickstarter project with the goal of this amount of money? I would definitely buy 200 $ to make a KotOR 3 possible.

I am sorry for my bad English. I am from Germany and I read on a German gaming network (http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/news/kotor_3,34840,3058279.html) that Obsidian still talks about KotOR 3 but also that it is as good as impossible that it will ever be in production. In my opinion KotOR 2 was the best game of all time and that's why I had to share this idea with you.

Greetings

N E R O

• Like 1

BioWare already made KOTOR 3, and 4, 5, 6... and so on.

I see. I thought that Obsidian fans/KotOR fans would be in this forum but I guess I have to write a letter to Chris Avellone instead of wasting my time with answers like that.

Hello everyone,

I love good as every game by Obsidian and when I played The Stick of Truth I thought once again that it would be so unbelievable awesome if Obsidian could make a third KotOR game.

Years ago we had the problem that LucasArts thought that rubbish like The Old Republic could be something like a KotOR 3-6. But every KotOR fan knows that story and gameplay of The Old Republic were junk.

Now Disney has the rights of Star Wars and we all know that they just want to make as much money as they can with this franchise. So why can't Obsidian ask them how much money they need to pay for getting the permission to make KotOR 3 and after that Obsidian could make a Kickstarter project with the goal of this amount of money? I would definitely buy 200 $ to make a KotOR 3 possible.

I am sorry for my bad English. I am from Germany and I read on a German gaming network (http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/news/kotor_3,34840,3058279.html) that Obsidian still talks about KotOR 3 but also that it is as good as impossible that it will ever be in production. In my opinion KotOR 2 was the best game of all time and that's why I had to share this idea with you.

Greetings

N E R O

Great idea OP,but unfortunately Disney has given the license to produce SW Games to EA,what a stupid mouse scumbag,so unless we want to be gunned down the second the kickstart has success,you have to ask authorization to EA and Disney,but i'll know exactly the answer,because this will 'damage' their ability to sell that product themselves and 'damage' their profits out of it,and because they 'own' SW,i'm getting real tired of awesome franchises bought by greedy scumbags that want nothing more than put as much money as possible in their pockets and abuse their power by shutting down small companies who  try to use a 'protected' song for fair right use.

that's stupid,half of the games today need a revamp and nobody cannot because of this damn copyright,what's the point in doing a remake if you are only able to make a brand new game,hell when you are revamping a game right you're doing even a favour to these companies,damn EA should sue Mr Fob because this will damage their chance to use the Extended Cut DLC.

if i owned SW i would say 'hey do whatever you want,as long you recognize the original product as ours and don't pirate the hell outta it'

today's gaming industry is s*it,and will only get worse

BioWare already made KOTOR 3, and 4, 5, 6... and so on.

yeah,i hope you're joking man,because if you're not,you are an idiot,TOR is not Kotor 3-4-5 10.

Edited by DarthDeven
  • Like 1

Great idea OP,but unfortunately Disney has given the license to produce SW Games to EA,what a stupid mouse scumbag,so unless we want to be gunned down the second the kickstart has success,you have to ask authorization to EA and Disney,but i'll know exactly the answer,because this will 'damage' their ability to sell that product themselves and 'damage' their profits out of it,and because they 'own' SW,i'm getting real tired of awesome franchises bought by greedy scumbags that want nothing more than put as much money as possible in their pockets and abuse their power by shutting down small companies who  try to use a 'protected' song for fair right use.

Hey man, that's quite true! The fact that it has become an industry in the first place is quite sad - an industry being a mere machine that is supposed to work in maximal efficiency to churn out products - or quantities - as fast as possible, for the highest possible income at the lowest possible expense. Which means that most games - and everything else - isn't really made to tell, to show or share a story with you, but rather to merely get you addicted enough to the pleasure of consuming, so that you'll buy the next quantity and keep consuming products for a high price and a low income. Which is sad, because it is not people's own interests - both gamers or developers - that is the quality which drives the creative indulgence or creations, but what formula the industry tells you is your and other people's interest. So, its a self-sustaining machine, higly profitable, tremendously greedy, and serves only those who have the heart and the capacity to drive it. And now I'm thinking that it may just as well be a good thing to leave Star Wars be - recognizing where it has ended up...