'END CONVERSATION' Suggestion

I was watching the Giantbomb gameplay video, and noticed that the dialogue options have a big button at the bottom denoted 'END CONVERSATION'. While this seems perfectly fine for actual talking, I notice it is also used when interacting with some objects in the environment (like lighting torches), at which point it seems out of place.

I would suggest changing it to 'END DIALOGUE' as this can be interpreted as either spoken dialogue, or the simply the game's messages to the player via the same window (in the case of the lightning the torches example).

I think that was just a "for what it's worth" comment. I don't think he meant "And therefore you should never have even asked this! BEGONE, FOUL DEMON!" :)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Tell me about yourself. That won't be awkward in any way.

What can you tell me about this town?

Want to have a sexy time?

Is there a useful vendor of equipment hereabouts?

LATA BITCHEZZZZZ

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 2

I think that was just a "for what it's worth" comment. I don't think he meant "And therefore you should never have even asked this! BEGONE, FOUL DEMON!" :)

Yes, that's what I meant. The first part that is :)

I'm sorry metalmunki, I didn't mean for it so come out that harsh.

Hell, even just a red cross or a Ø or whatever would work. If I'm pressing it my mind is already on it's way to other things, and if I'm not pressing it then I'm reading or contemplating the interaction instead, who cares!

Come on people I already went over there in another thread just a minute ago.  There is only one appropriate way to end dialogue or interactions in IE based games.

"Eat cold steel!!!"

• Like 2

Just don't do it the way Divinity Original Sin does it:

'I'll take my leave.' in every conversation.

It's so ridiculous when a battle begins afterwards. I'm still wondering whats so hard about having an alternative ending for a follow up battle.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 3

"... fin"

:)

Or, ooh, ooh! What if the global "end conversation" option was "Adjourn, *GAVEL SLAM*"? :)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

My suggestion...

....wait for it...

"END OF LINE"

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man