Gameplay video: Detailed Response

Personality Types

The player can have a disposition toward ten different personality types:

Aggressive – can be interpreted as hot-headed, bold, or impatient. Some character will think that you provoke fight and make only trouble, but others admire you for taking charge, being decisive or not letting people push you around.

Benevolent – may be viewed as charitable and kind but others may consider the player weak or assume he or she will do things for free.

Clever – gained for being sassy/witty in dialog options. May be well received by some as a sick master of burns, but other characters will assume that you are not to be taken seriously.

Cruel – gained for cruel/merciless actions. It doesn't typically earn you a lot of friends, but there are people who respect (and/or fear) brutality.

Stoic – gained for being unmoved/quiet in dialog options.

Passionate -

Diplomatic – for example gained by remaining silent when two people are arguing and you choose to not interject.

Honest – gained for being faithfully. e.g. telling a guard that you broke in the house.

Deceptive -

Rational -

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Disposition

*edit* Whoops. Looks like PrimeJunta just beat me to it.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Wow~Thank you. I'm too ignorant about it.~

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Just wondering if managing the personality for not having party characters to leave the party will be a tough challenge? While i like characters having their own personality, i really hate it that when they can't get along and fight against each other and as the party leader you have no control over them and you wanted them to get along since you wanted the party composition so much.

Just wondering if managing the personality for not having party characters to leave the party will be a tough challenge? While i like characters having their own personality, i really hate it that when they can't get along and fight against each other and as the party leader you have no control over them and you wanted them to get along since you wanted the party composition so much.

I'm quite sure it has been stated that companions won't fight eachother to the point of leaving.

Companions might leave based on certain decisions you make as party leader though.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

You Models colors are really off, there like shade of gray or light blue?   Is that a race thing?  they don't look as human skin tone.

Hi StrangeCat,

is your computer monitor calibrated?

Mine is, and I can tell you skin color in PoE is neither grey nor light blue. Not particularly natural, if you will, but that's mostly because it lacks texture and it is completely flat. Anyway, you can change skin color during CC if the default color is not to your liking :)

Yea everything is fine.  It's something I am noticing when they are in the camp and when they fight in the camp before the last dungeon there is ashen gray color to faces.  Maybe this has to do with lighting?   It's NPC's that I am noticing the strange colors the very white color of legs etc.

Everything I mentioned I am sure will be fixed in the Beta but it has to be said.

Yea everything is fine.  It's something I am noticing when they are in the camp and when they fight in the camp before the last dungeon there is ashen gray color to faces.  Maybe this has to do with lighting?   It's NPC's that I am noticing the strange colors the very white color of legs etc.

Everything I mentioned I am sure will be fixed in the Beta but it has to be said.

Sounds like this to me

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/858080

pe-ambient-off.jpg

pe-ambient-on.jpg

Imagine that ball as a character.

What bothers me is that during dialogue, the game pauses and the flames from the fire are static. Characters are frozen into place, there is no movement whatsoever . It gives a synthetic look.

If I have a dialogue in a bursting marketplace, I would like to see some movement, people walking around, dogs licking their butts/balls around me, rats crawling out of a sewer, smoke rising out of a chimney etc

I don't know about you, but when I read I generally prefer to keep the amount of audiovisual distractions at a minimum.

Yes but pausing the game is a little too much I think. Just bringing the audio to a lower level will suffice. But flames flickering in the scene or characters wandering/having idle animation is not such a big distraction.

Maybe opting for pausing the game is because monsters could attack you while speaking with companions or other characters.

Not being able to initiate dialogue while hostile characters are around could resolve this.

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

What bothers me is that during dialogue, the game pauses and the flames from the fire are static. Characters are frozen into place, there is no movement whatsoever . It gives a synthetic look.

I'm used to it. Every single one of the IE games paused the world so that the player could concentrate on what was important: The dialogue going on in the window.

In the rare times when that didn't happen, it was considered a bug and usually got fixed in the next patch.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

@Strangecat, I'm pretty sure it's just the ambient lighting effects. A person's image is just reflected light, so, they're all supposed to be in a sort of moonlit area, so they appear a pale-ish blue. They look "normal" when near fire, don't they?

And yeah, it might be a little light out for night time, but I'd rather be able to see, as the player, than perfectly simulate night time, for what it's worth. Besides, some nights with a full moon are pretty bright like that, if you're not in a lot of shade.

Also, as for the time-freezes-during-dialogue thing, I do feel that it's a bit nicer to have passive animations continue on (wind blowing, flames dancing, people standing around at idle, etc.). You can even have people change stances in minor ways to convey what's going on. Maybe if someone turns their back on you, that character actually turns around, on the screen.

Either way is fine, though. I don't really mind everything freezing while we enter a text-and-portrait-only realm, temporarily. :)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

yea it's probably the lighting and speaking of which instead of having it so lit every where, there should be some sort of moon light.

or is there moonlight already?

I am trying to think of what else they can do to enhance the game to be an amazing experience.  I'll have to get back when people are playing the beta.

Details add up.  Lot of details could be added. 

I kind of assumed that pale, blueish light was supposed to be moonlight. They're kind of out in the open until they enter those ruins, inside which I'm pretty sure the lighting changes.

When they're outside, aren't there still shadows and stuff under trees and objects? They're just dim shadows.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u