IGN Article about PoE.

Already saw it and loved it. Can't wait to play a Paladin.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So much to the "we don't want spoilers and we want to present our game fully polished to the backers" crap...

They never said either.

They wanted to avoid spoilers (This intro doesn't even really spoil anything. During one video he even refused to answer what the machine was at the end) and they want to avoid showing unpolished stuff (They only showed non-mage classes here probably for this reason).

So, IMO they are still very much doing that.

• Like 5

So much to the "we don't want spoilers and we want to present our game fully polished to the backers" crap...

They never said either.

They wanted to avoid spoilers (This intro doesn't even really spoil anything. During one video he even refused to answer what the machine was at the end) and they want to avoid showing unpolished stuff (They only showed non-mage classes here probably for this reason).

So why the hell didn't they show US that "non spoiler" stuff???

Why do I have to watch a crappy IGN video for it? If it's not that hard to prevent spoilers and stuff there is no reason to keep back that footage imo...

35167v4.jpg

Were you really spoiled on anything watching these videos? Then why do you go about watching new videos before you've played the game yourself? What constitutes a spoiler in your mind?

They never said either.

So why the hell didn't they show US that "non spoiler" stuff???

Why do I have to watch a crappy IGN video for it? If it's not that hard to prevent spoilers and stuff there is no reason to keep back that footage imo...

But they did show us: by sitting down with the gaming press and playing the game. Are you saying that you are mad about where on the web the content you saw is hosted?

• Like 2

I actually agree with this.  I feel that the closer we get to launch, the spirit of the kickstarter is being lost.  I has questions when E3 came around, but let it slide.  Now that several media outlets are getting to play around with the actual game, I am getting miffed.  No one should have played this game before backers.

• Like 2

I actually agree with this.  I feel that the closer we get to launch, the spirit of the kickstarter is being lost.  I has questions when E3 came around, but let it slide.  Now that several media outlets are getting to play around with the actual game, I am getting miffed.  No one should have played this game before backers.

I'm pretty sure they got the a pretty similar experience to ours.  I'm pretty sure Obsidian employees were the ones playing the game (it's doubtful every reporter would have picked barbarian or fighter).

I agree about the spirit being a bit attenuated, but Sawyer has been on the forums recently, which is a good sign.

Edited by anameforobsidian

Huh, I'm surprised that josh says that you actually don't lose your weapon if you throw it at the attacker. I'd prefer it to be more consequent.

However, I also just recognized that there is an animal slot in the inventory. Maybe there is some kind of optional familiar after all.

• Like 1

Huh, I'm surprised that josh says that you actually don't lose your weapon if you throw it at the attacker. I'd prefer it to be more consequent.

However, I also just recognized that there is an animal slot in the inventory. Maybe there is some kind of optional familiar after all.

That's probably a slot for animal companion that rangers have.

Actually, no media outlets have actually played the game yet. Everything has been carefully curated and the demos are actually controlled by Obsidian. Why? Because as Josh stated, the game state is still buggy and unpolished. They only wanted to show sections and features that were actually working and looking relatively pretty. Would you rather they just sit on their hands with the PR and NOT show anything at all?

Relax, backers will get their chance to broadcast to the world and rant first hand on about how buggy and ugly the beta looks on Aug 18, while some of us roll our eyes.

• Like 7

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Loving this. The author, Meghan Sullivan, seems like a right-on girl gamer. 

She does, and her enthusiasm is to her credit while Josh seems a little more PR-weary next to her. There's a sensation of "The Orlans are so CUTE!" "Yeah, great. Anyway..."

EDIT: Actually, I'll retract that having listened a bit further in.

The game looks fantastic.

Edited by Kjaamor

I'm shocked my expectations were exceeded. 

Girl gamer? As if the gender is relevant? She's a gamer, just like anybody else is.

I like the IGN video better than giantbomb. More informative.

*edit*

Also note this. In the video, Josh is asked how many joinable NPCs there are, he answers:

"The backers backed 8 total companions."

Again it's interesting how they (Josh and previously Brandon) chose their words regarding the joinable NPCs. Unless the devs come in here and clarify this, my bet is on there being more than 8 NPC companions in the game.

Edited by Mannock
  • Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Actually he says you DO lose it so there are consequences (that was a point he was making through the video about actions having consequences) :)

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I'm shocked my expectations were exceeded. 

Girl gamer? As if the gender is relevant? She's a gamer, just like anybody else is.

I like the IGN video better than giantbomb. More informative.

*edit*

Also note this. In the video, Josh is asked how many joinable NPCs there are, he answers:

"The backers backed 8 total companions."

Again it's interesting how they (Josh and previously Brandon) chose their words regarding the joinable NPCs. Unless the devs come in here and clarify this, my bet is on there being more than 8 NPC companions in the game.

Of course it's relevant. And noteworthy, which is why I made note of it. I've already seen your attempts at coherence, no thanks.

All Stop. On Screen.

What spoilers

Obsi months ago: you notice extraordinary event and have to flee/deal with it

its about souls and stuff

demo: you notice extraordinay event and party has to flee/deal with it

its about souls

Your caravan is destroyed!

Souls are purple!

Gorion dies!

Major spoilers indeed.

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 2

What spoilers

Obsi months ago: you notice extraordinary event and have to flee/deal with it

its about souls and stuff

demo: you notice extraordinay event and party has to flee/deal with it

its about souls

Your caravan is destroyed!

Souls are purple!

Gorion dies!

Major spoilers indeed.

Never doubt people's ability to get offended. :)

• Like 1