Giantbomb Quicklook on the 24th

Josh recently said somewhere on the forum that they wanted to slow the combat down a bit. Given that this seems to be the version from E3, am I correct to assume that this slowing down is not already incorporated into the build we see in these videos?

Edited by Doppelschwert

Josh recently said somewhere on the forum that they wanted to slow the combat down a bit. Given that this seems to be the version from E3, am I correct to assume that this slowing down is not already incorporated into the build we see in these videos?

That would be much better than the stuff we have seen. I know this footage is not final I just judge the stuff I have seen. If they have already taken care of great. 

Since those videos were recorded we've found and fixed two bugs related to attack/recovery rate.  The first is that recovery rate was not properly accounting for armor.  Heavier armor increases recovery time, slowing down the overall attack rate.  Second, Interrupts were causing the recovery timers to go to 0, meaning characters could act immediately after an Interrupt even if they were in the middle of recovery.  So combat will be a bit slower than what you see in the videos.

• Like 12

Since those videos were recorded we've found and fixed two bugs related to attack/recovery rate.  The first is that recovery rate was not properly accounting for armor.  Heavier armor increases recovery time, slowing down the overall attack rate.  Second, Interrupts were causing the recovery timers to go to 0, meaning characters could act immediately after an Interrupt even if they were in the middle of recovery.  So combat will be a bit slower than what you see in the videos.

Great to hear. Also  great footage and the buzz around it is great too. There was really no reason at all to hide this footage since E3^^

Also I do not know why but the Giantbomb video seems really rushed. were you guys under some time pressure? The IGN video is a much better representation of the game because you guys presented it much slower and with more explanation. 

Edited by Darji
  • Like 1

Really liked the main menu and the character creation. Only thing that somewhat bothered me is the dialogue UI, it seemed a little out of place, also on the matter of dialogue will those reaction explanations ([Honest - Minor], [Diplomatic - Minor]) be present in the finished product? Another thing that I noticed is that the character Resolve had +1 Aedyr, but culture doesn't change attributes, also it was before the culture was chosen :), it should have probably read +1 Meadow/Thyrtan.

Edited by Lychnidos

I'm almost certain that anyone who's been impatient about any of this stuff (upset about not getting to see E3 build, for example), will get over all that very quickly once they actually play the game.

It's passing-the-time qualms, is all. :)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Since those videos were recorded we've found and fixed two bugs...

Music to my ears, Mr. Sawyer. Keep at that QA! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Since those videos were recorded we've found and fixed two bugs related to attack/recovery rate.

That's excellent! That's two more bugs that won't be roaming around having litter after litter of puppies.

6_u

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I was having such a good day, and this game footage of poe was cool... It seems however, that life has chosen to kick me in the teeth just a moment ago. I won't be posting on the forums anymore for a while.  ;(

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I was having such a good day, and this game footage of poe was cool... It seems however, that life has chosen to kick me in the teeth just a moment ago. I won't be posting on the forums anymore for a while.  ;(

Sorry to hear that, Namutree, <8(...

May fortune find you.

• Like 2

To be honest I couldn't care less about systems and numbers. I'm not interested at all in how all the systems work.

I'm interested in the right "feel". I'm interested in just having fun while playing.

So these short gameplay portions got me intrigued. They bring back that BG vibe. The character editor with all its numbers though, hmmm, as I said, nothing I care about much.

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Well that sucks.
  • Like 1

Just to confirm that I saw things right.... we get 8 points to spend on our stats at character creation?

You did.  I think this isn't "done" though.  I noticed the human started 10 across the board with 8 points but the godlike started with multiple stats at 11, nothing below 10, and got the same 8 points.  I doubt that is going to make it to live or else everyone will play a godlike because they get nothing but bonuses and no penalties.  Also Josh said in another post all stats are supposed to have a minimum of 8 but I assume he was saying that is with racial penalties included.

EDIT: I lied the human had like an 11 might and a 12 resolve but again... no penalty stat?!??!?!?

Edited by Karkarov

I am back sooner than I expected. I also want to apologize for posting something a little depressing on a happy thread. Earlier while I was reading the thread something occurred and in a moment of foolishness I let my problem be the thread's problem. My bad; I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

• Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

The number of initial points for allocation during character creation could very well be a part of what they're waiting to tweak with beta feedback.

I am back sooner than I expected. I also want to apologize for posting something a little depressing on a happy thread. Earlier while I was reading the thread something occurred and in a moment of foolishness I let my problem be the thread's problem. My bad; I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

No worries, Namutree. Life is life, and it's nice to know why someone in the community suddenly vanishes, even if it's not nice why they're having to do so.

So, we're glad you're back sooner than expected, and apologies not necessary. Hope things are all right. :)

Edited by Lephys

The number of initial points for allocation during character creation could very well be a part of what they're waiting to tweak with beta feedback.

Probably.

Wow,Dream demo!

But It seems the charcters' route finding still have some bugs~
And when Heodan ran back to step on the first high light floor tile,nothing happened.Is that a bug?  :w00t:

About the dialogoue, when Heodan be controled,there are two dialogoue need attribute qualifier;
[Might 14]Only a fool attacks a weak enemu while a stronger one yet lives.
[intellect 13]You can kill him but you might as well be killing yourself.

But my feeling is the first one should qualify Intellect, the second threat one should qualify Might.Am I wired?

By the way, I wish the Glanfathan leader could have a few special equipments or skills(he is the leader!), to make the battle a bit more challenging and funny.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Just to confirm that I saw things right.... we get 8 points to spend on our stats at character creation?

You did.  I think this isn't "done" though.  I noticed the human started 10 across the board with 8 points but the godlike started with multiple stats at 11, nothing below 10, and got the same 8 points.  I doubt that is going to make it to live or else everyone will play a godlike because they get nothing but bonuses and no penalties.  Also Josh said in another post all stats are supposed to have a minimum of 8 but I assume he was saying that is with racial penalties included.

Josh said that at the moment the min attribute with racial penalties was 7.

Sorry to hear that, Namutree, <8(...

May fortune find you.

^What he said

Edit: Should've read further - welcome back :)

---

Can we release the character creation portion about a week or 2 before the game?  I'm gonna need that long - looks great :)

Suddent urge to create an arisrocratic barbarian...

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Can we release the character creation portion about a week or 2 before the game?  I'm gonna need that long - looks great :)

Suddent urge to create an arisrocratic barbarian...

Silent Winter, What is best in life?

Silent Winter: A cup of tea, a lively debate, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 4

About the dialogoue, when Heodan be controled,there are two dialogoue need attribute qualifier;

[Might 14]Only a fool attacks a weak enemu while a stronger one yet lives.

[intellect 13]You can kill him but you might as well be killing yourself.

But my feeling is the first one should qualify Intellect, the second threat one should qualify Might.Am I wired?

Well, it seems like the first one is basically saying "What's the matter... can't handle anything but a weakling?", and sort of flexing your "muscles." That's why it's a Might check. If you're too puny, it wouldn't work. It's pretty much a taunt, though.

While the second seems to be appealing to reason. You know, "If you really think about it, killing him might not be the best idea."

Although, the way that's worded, it COULD also just be a threat. So, I don't think you're weird. It almost sounds like "Kill him and see how long you live..." BUT, it could also be "Just think about it... we don't really have a reason to kill you yet, but if you kill him, we suddenly do. What's more important? His death, or your life?" *shrug*

EDIT: I failed to mention that the "threat" is worded awfully intellectually. You could almost start it with "Confucius Say," :). So, yeah, that reinforces the "you're not weird for thinking that."

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1