Giantbomb Quicklook on the 24th

Just watched the IGN video. It's far more detailed. More info on stat based dialogue options. Shows more of the opening dungeon. Actually shows the Barbarian sprint ability in use.

You know, I can't wait to see Magic in action, and the grimoire system.

Just watched the IGN video. It's far more detailed. More info on stat based dialogue options. Shows more of the opening dungeon. Actually shows the Barbarian sprint ability in use.

You know, I can't wait to see Magic in action, and the grimoire system.

They did that in the ginatbomb Video as well. But it was really really fast and he did not even mention it much. The IGN video has a ton more of details though.

Alright, I haven't read all of your posts, but this is my spontaneous reaction halfway through watching the video: WOO-HOO!!!!

Pretty much my reaction as well. I told myself I wasn't going to watch it (didn't want any spoilers at all, even minor, but then couldn't help myself) I really like the looks of a lot of the elements in the game, love the nod to BG/IWD in the color choices at character creation, the portraits etc. I also really like the way they play out the scripted events with non-colored drawings like the between-chapters in IWD. Had to keep from drooling while watching the gameplay.

Copy/pasted icons I don't mind. They were good icons then, they'll be good enough now.

I'm sure there will be minor nitpicks when I finally get to play it, but I suspect they'll be just that: minor.

• Like 1

Wow, just WOW!!!  I'm completely blown away with the demo.  The game is everything I had hoped for and more.

Thank you Josh and everyone at Obsidian!  Dreams really do come true.  Words just can't do justice to what I'm feeling at this moment.

Well done Obsidian, well done indeed.

• Like 2

Oh look it is even the E3 build . Was that so hard dear Obsidian to show this to actual people who backed the game or waiting to get it released? I am pretty sure this will get now a lot of buzz and you have chosen the right people with Giant Bomb as well^^

As for the footage: It looks great, The dialogues system, the choices the writing was nice from the bits I have seen at least. The environments and over world look great as well.  The character customization looks really in depth and with the background stuff I really hope the dialogue chances a lot as well.  I am pretty excited about almost everything.

Except one thing. After playing Divinity I am so sad that this is not turn based combat. The overall feel of the combat looks really fast and even kind of speed up in the Demo but I really have to play it for myself to be sure of it.  That is really the only bummer I have with the shown presentation

Dude, it's an IE game successor.They were RTwP!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

JnVRbVg.png

Ha. Haha. Hahaha! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! An adventure is all about the romance, baby! :D

This is the consolation prize for promancers. Cherish it, there probably won't be any more.

• Like 13

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Oh look it is even the E3 build . Was that so hard dear Obsidian to show this to actual people who backed the game or waiting to get it released? I am pretty sure this will get now a lot of buzz and you have chosen the right people with Giant Bomb as well^^

As for the footage: It looks great, The dialogues system, the choices the writing was nice from the bits I have seen at least. The environments and over world look great as well.  The character customization looks really in depth and with the background stuff I really hope the dialogue chances a lot as well.  I am pretty excited about almost everything.

Except one thing. After playing Divinity I am so sad that this is not turn based combat. The overall feel of the combat looks really fast and even kind of speed up in the Demo but I really have to play it for myself to be sure of it.  That is really the only bummer I have with the shown presentation

Dude, it's an IE game successor.They were RTwP!

I totally get that. But at that time only a handful of games actually did turn based combat right and right after playing 100+ hours of divinity I kinda feel sad that they did not change that. Torment will also have turn based combat  which is now a great relief^^

I think its ironic that at 6:07:

'So you must have some other plan in mind for coming this way.'

1: -'I hope to meet someone and fall in love.'

I know how that one is gonna end :dancing:

JnVRbVg.png

Ha. Haha. Hahaha! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! An adventure is all about the romance, baby! :D

This is the consolation prize for promancers. Cherish it, there probably won't be any more.

LOL Yep. When developers troll, it's a marvel to behold. :)

Well, what are you guys waiting for? Take this info to the Romance thread and show it to Bruce already!

Edited by Stun
  • Like 3

So it seems you can even lose health if you stamina/durability is not all the way down. O_o

Also as Stun mentioned, copy/pasted icons for spells from IWD2, though it's something that I personally like.

it was already known. There was discussion around some of barbarian traits that he take only 1/8 demega to health instead of common 1/4 as other classes. basicaly all damage damage your health

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I totally get that. But at that time only a handful of games actually did turn based combat right and right after playing 100+ hours of divinity I kinda feel sad that they did not change that. Torment will also have turn based combat  which is now a great relief^^

Of course, there are those of us that prefer RTwP that are quite relieved that at least one of our anticipated releases (D:OS, Torment, PoE) didn't decide to go turn-based. Don't get me wrong, I like turn-based as well, but prefer RTwP, so PoE not going TB is a great thing, IMO.

• Like 3

Did anyone else notice that the Hylea Godlikes were not selectable in character creation?

Well, neither were Fire or Water Godlike available.

I think those options are under the sub-culture section. There we should be able to choose what kind of Godlike we want.

I was somewhat disappointed not to see more of character creation. I understand that beta is close, but I wanted at least take a glance at Aumaua! 

Okay, seriously: loved the dialogue.

-- The amount of possible answers/options. When the Glanfanthan leader confronts you, there were, I think, 9 possible options.

-- The sensibility of the answers/options. Instead of "aggressive", we get proper responses. The options are what players would choose to do in a pen-and-paper game.

A new classic in the making.

• Like 5

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

I think its ironic that at 6:07:

'So you must have some other plan in mind for coming this way.'

1: -'I hope to meet someone and fall in love.'

I know how that one is gonna end :dancing:

JnVRbVg.png

LOL Yep. When developers troll, it's a marvel to behold. :)

Well, what are you guys waiting for? Take this info to the Romance thread and show it to Bruce already!

Hold on, I haven't watched the video but how do we know its a fake because its seems like the beginning of an exciting Romance arc :dancing:  :dancing: .... :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There're more than 3 choices, yiiiiiiiiiiiiiis! :ban:

Come back here after the release of the game because there is no point to compare an intro video with a full game, imo.

Edited by Aslinng

Hold on, I haven't watched the video but how do we know its a fake because its seems like the beginning of an exciting Romance arc :dancing:  :dancing: .... :wub:

Only if that arc happens to be: looking for love in allll the wrong places. Since, you know, there are no romances in PoE.

• Like 1