Giantbomb Quicklook on the 24th

Oh look it is even the E3 build . Was that so hard dear Obsidian to show this to actual people who backed the game or waiting to get it released? I am pretty sure this will get now a lot of buzz and you have chosen the right people with Giant Bomb as well^^

As for the footage: It looks great, The dialogues system, the choices the writing was nice from the bits I have seen at least. The environments and over world look great as well.  The character customization looks really in depth and with the background stuff I really hope the dialogue chances a lot as well.  I am pretty excited about almost everything.

Except one thing. After playing Divinity I am so sad that this is not turn based combat. The overall feel of the combat looks really fast and even kind of speed up in the Demo but I really have to play it for myself to be sure of it.  That is really the only bummer I have with the shown presentation

Stop bitching.

How do I bitch? It is called opinion and you obviously forgot the rest of the posts which talks about all the good stuff which is most of it. How about speak your own opinion and if you do not find something good or a but negative say it out loud instead of kissing everyone's butt?^^

The Ign video is also pretty good despite the bad video full screen player. Josh talks a lot more in the character creation alone^^

Edited by Darji

All looks cool, ToEE vibe for me as well (which is good as I consider it one of best looking RPGs so far), combat fells good, UI feels good, scripted interactions feel AWESOME, but god why the PURPLE! even guys in GB noticed it

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The pause button on that video must be near wearing out by now. Very interesting and informative, a mix of TOEE and IWD with a little sprinkling of Dungeon Siege 3 if i'm not mistaken, impressive on the whole. However one minor niggle, did anyone else think that the bodies of the characters were a little too angular? It would be nice to see some swelling around the rib and pectoral area, nothing too dramatic just a little curve out to break the straight up and down box like impression it was giving.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Four weapons sets? 

Really? I thought the base is 2. Maybe the character raised the number with talents.

When he equips the second axe on the Barbarian you can see sets III and IV below. Youre probably right about the talents adding more but Im still curious why you would ever need four. There are only three damage types, right? Or am I mistaken?

The pause button on that video must be near wearing out by now. Very interesting and informative, a mix of TOEE and IWD with a little sprinkling of Dungeon Siege 3 if i'm not mistaken, impressive on the whole. However one minor niggle, did anyone else think that the bodies of the characters were a little too angular? It would be nice to see some swelling around the rib and pectoral area, nothing too dramatic just a little curve out to break the straight up and down box like impression it was giving.

Watch the IGN video they do it in a much slower pace and explain more as well^^

• Like 1

Four weapons sets? 

Really? I thought the base is 2. Maybe the character raised the number with talents.

When he equips the second axe on the Barbarian you can see sets III and IV below. Youre probably right about the talents adding more but Im still curious why you would ever need four. There are only three damage types, right? Or am I mistaken?

ranged weapon? fire and cold weapon? life stealing weapon? Reach weapon? do you really belive that slashing/bludgeoning/piercing is only atribute of weapon?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

-I noticed the ability icons are borrowed from IWD2 spell icons (I saw IWD2's Executioner's Eyes, Blood Rage and Destruction icons) Again, these are all good things. But I suspect that this is going to throw me off until I get used to it lol

Borrowed.. meaning identical? :( Me no likey icons transplanted from other games.

@Gfted1

Yes, but you could put a ranged weapon in the 4th slot, for example. I hope it's still 2 base weapon slots.

ranged weapon? fire and cold weapon? life stealing weapon? Reach weapon? do you really belive that slashing/bludgeoning/piercing is only atribute of weapon?

....Dual wielding, sword and shield.

Again, It's like Icewind Dale 2, which did the same thing: 4 weapon set options.

Edited by Stun

this thread going to explode

Afaik, there are only three weapon damage types (I could be wrong). The other effects you mention are enchants that can be added to any weapon so they would not require their own slot. I hadn't considered ranged, dual wielding, etc... though so that's a good point.

Alright, I haven't read all of your posts, but this is my spontaneous reaction halfway through watching the video: WOO-HOO!!!! This is the game that's been missing in my game library for years, a new game of the kind I love is coming soon. Thank you so much, Obsidian!!! I love the UI, and all the nods to CRPGs of yore (specifically, the IE games). Wow. I'm trembling a bit, and I'm salivating, while being parched at the same time. That character creation.... *faints*

EDIT: I've watched the whole thing and I am thoroughly blown away. I will play this until my hands bleed, develop callouses, and make me look like a death godlike! My only criticism right off the bat is that those fires used in that pillar puzzles looked too bright, too similar, and a tad bit off over the rest of the environment. Nitpicking, really.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Afaik, there are only three weapon damage types (I could be wrong). The other effects you mention are enchants that can be added to any weapon so they would not require their own slot. I hadn't considered ranged, dual wielding, etc... though so that's a good point.

Weapon types have also other bonuses than damage type, like for example axes have greater changes to do critical hits, daggers are faster, maces go better through armor, spears have longer reach, etc..

So it seems you can even lose health if you stamina/durability is not all the way down. O_o

Also as Stun mentioned, copy/pasted icons for spells from IWD2, though it's something that I personally like.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP