Giantbomb Quicklook on the 24th

And it is the E3 stuff so there you go.

EDIT: "Oh my God, just knock them down Brandon! It's a slaughter!" I love that the wildlife isn't ****ing around.

Also they really do appear to have nailed the IE "feels". That cursor! The green slime! The way the characters have their little acknowledgement barks when you move them!

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 1

It's nice and pretty.

I watched the character creation process (not many attribute points to distribute, though I suppose you could garner some by lowering attributes from 10 to 8).

Then I summoned my immense resolve and stopped watching in an attempt to preserve the surprise factor.

• Like 2

Oh look it is even the E3 build . Was that so hard dear Obsidian to show this to actual people who backed the game or waiting to get it released? I am pretty sure this will get now a lot of buzz and you have chosen the right people with Giant Bomb as well^^

As for the footage: It looks great, The dialogues system, the choices the writing was nice from the bits I have seen at least. The environments and over world look great as well.  The character customization looks really in depth and with the background stuff I really hope the dialogue chances a lot as well.  I am pretty excited about almost everything.

Except one thing. After playing Divinity I am so sad that this is not turn based combat. The overall feel of the combat looks really fast and even kind of speed up in the Demo but I really have to play it for myself to be sure of it.  That is really the only bummer I have with the shown presentation

Oh my God. It looks fantastic. Not gonna lie, I think I've just gone into full fanboy mode.

I'm super-excited about the background options at character generation. It might not be very important, but I love stuff like that. Yummy.

Edited by ArtB
  • Like 1

I believe I noticed some skeletons with swords in the corners of that UI.... like something a user mock up once did hohohohoho...

Great work by Josh on the video, and thank god it was Brad and Matt.  I forget Rorie had worked there before so he was an obvious great choice for the video.

• Like 1

Impressions/tidbits I've noticed.:

Giddy I am at the "vibe" of the whole thing. Visually, it's ToEE meets Icewind Dale 2, from a first glance at least..

-animations (running/attacking) seem ripped directly from Temple of elemental evil.

-I noticed the ability icons are borrowed from IWD2 spell icons (I saw IWD2's Executioner's Eyes, Blood Rage and Destruction icons) Again, these are all good things. But I suspect that this is going to throw me off until I get used to it lol

-I like that instead of having a health bar and a stamina bar, there's just a health bar and the portrait.

-Inventory is still confusing me. I saw something shared (I'm assuming that's the deep stash?) But then I saw the individual character stuff, but only like, 6 slots? So... much scrolling will have to be done, I assume?

-We'll be able to turn the floating UI things into a solid stone bar like the IE games! YES.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 3

Oh look it is even the E3 build . Was that so hard dear Obsidian to show this to actual people who backed the game or waiting to get it released? I am pretty sure this will get now a lot of buzz and you have chosen the right people with Giant Bomb as well^^

As for the footage: It looks great, The dialogues system, the choices the writing was nice from the bits I have seen at least. The environments and over world look great as well.  The character customization looks really in depth and with the background stuff I really hope the dialogue chances a lot as well.  I am pretty excited about almost everything.

Except one thing. After playing Divinity I am so sad that this is not turn based combat. The overall feel of the combat looks really fast and even kind of speed up in the Demo but I really have to play it for myself to be sure of it.  That is really the only bummer I have with the shown presentation

Stop bitching.

• Like 4

Well huh. It's like they never stopped making these.

It's Amazing, really. It's like we Cryogenically froze Sawyer, Cain and crew for the last 12 years and just thawed them out now. And here they come with the next IE/Troika game! Edited by Stun
  • Like 3

Impressions/tidbits I've noticed.:

Giddy I am at the "vibe" of the whole thing. Visually, it's ToEE meets Icewind Dale 2, from a first glance at least..

-animations (running/attacking) seem ripped directly from Temple of elemental evil.

-I noticed the ability icons are borrowed from IWD2 spell icons (I saw IWD2's Executioner's Eyes, Blood Rage and Destruction icons) Again, these are all good things. But I suspect that this is going to throw me off until I get used to it lol

Yeah, I also get a ToEE vibe to it as well with the characters and portraits in the bottom left corner. And I did notice the same spell icons from IWD2 which is good to see.

• Like 1