Things you hope are added via mods.

We already know that poe is now feature locked, but once the game is released some new stuff will be added via mod.

We also know that new areas will be very difficult to add. Npcs, quests, dialog, and new weapons and armor shouldn't be too hard though.

I'll give an example of something I want added; a kitchen fork weapon. Oh, and a wooden paddle weapon; it should be called "Sasaki's bane", and a samurai class!

So, anything in particular that you wonderful people think should be added to poe via mods? It's fine if you want something but don't know if it's in the game or not. I'll assume you want that mod IF Obsidian doesn't provide that feature or whatever.

Please follow this rule:

1- Don't mention romance; there is already a romance thread.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

But you mentioned romance, thus breaking your own rule.

I'm glad they've created a romance thread. It keeps them quarantined and less likely to infect the rest of the forum.

Kinda reminds me of the first rule of fight club:

Guy A: 1st rule of fight club; you don't talk about fight club.

Guy B: You mentioned the first rule of fight club; thus you talked about fight club. You hypocrite!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I think it's a tad early for talking about this, but in rpg's I mostly hope for better balance in mods. Rpg devs usually have their heads full of lore and world building and tend to get gameplay balancing a little wrong.

Fortune favors the bald.

But you mentioned romance, thus breaking your own rule.

I'm glad they've created a romance thread. It keeps them quarantined and less likely to infect the rest of the forum.

BG2 style class kits, although I don't know if they could be included through mods.

Edited by Gorbag

Nothing gold can stay.

Ro.....oh wait I'm not allowed to say that :biggrin:

For me I want to play PoE first and then comment on what a good Mod could enhance

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Holy Avenger.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Unity is by nature pretty darn hard to mod. It really depends what files Obsidian does not package inside the Unity compressed file system.

There's probably going to be a very late announcement that modding potential will be pretty limited.

That said, if there was a way to do some modding by using the Unity free edition to package mods into the correct file formats, that would be handy.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I know something else I hope gets added: A new enemy/npc type. On a different thread I've been throwing around a race idea about monkey people. I'll put on this more appropriate thread now; expect a long post:

Race name: Not sure, open to suggestions.

How they look-commission_example___sun_wukong_by_wahayFur comes in a few more colors: black, brown, white, and grey are pretty normal.

My inspiration is Sun Wukong and the book, "Journey to West". As for their society, they are often exorcists and nomadic monks; sometimes druids. Usually a priest with maybe a few monk guards would visit small communities and help the locals with monster problems or establish temporary schools to teach their philosophy to anyone interested. They survive on the charity of those they aid or teach; at least that is how they typically are. Different religious sects have different teachings of course, but they are far from organized religions. Each sect usually has a sacred tablet with only about a pages worth of information describing the basics of that sects philosophy; only a few ever see the tablet and most of its ideals are handed down orally.

I'm not gonna go into the details of the different sects; otherwise this post would go on forever!

There would also be of a renegade warrior sect that want to engage in fights with unwary travelers to test and expand their martial abilities. They would not attack the player as a group if they outnumber you. So if you had a team of three and there were six of these enemies; only three would attack you. The other three would just meditate and only attack if you attack them.

Fighting them and interacting with them and their culture would be awesome. Not to mention they might be realistic to mod into the game since they don't have a home area. They are nomadic and can simply be thrown into existing maps. The main issue would be adding the character models, and thus playing as them would be FAR too much work to be plausible. As enemies and npcs it might be doable, or maybe I'm just bananas. I might even try to add these guys in myself. Only time will tell.

For me I want to play PoE first and then comment on what a good Mod could enhance

Roam Ants. Nomadic humanoid ant-people. If you drop something across their caravan line, they all freak out and don't know where to go.

That's what I would mod in. 6_u

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Nothing. If I haven't played the game I can't comment on its content and thus cannot possibly make a valid judgement as to whether or not mods would improve anything. Unlikely.

I know something else I hope gets added: A new enemy/npc type. On a different thread I've been throwing around a race idea about monkey people. I'll put on this more appropriate thread now; expect a long post:

[tl;dr]

How they loo

Fighting them and interacting with them and their culture would be awesome. Not to mention they might be realistic to mod into the game since they don't have a home area. They are nomadic and can simply be thrown into existing maps. The main issue would be adding the character models, and thus playing as them would be FAR too much work to be plausible. As enemies and npcs it might be doable, or maybe I'm just bananas. I might even try to add these guys in myself. Only time will tell.

This is wildly premature fanfiction/add my OC (do not steal,) in my eyes.

Edited by AGX-17

Nothing. If I haven't played the game I can't comment on its content and thus cannot possibly make a valid judgement as to whether or not mods would improve anything. Unlikely.

[tl;dr]

How they loo

This is wildly premature fanfiction/add my OC (do not steal,) in my eyes.

Mods are kinda like adding fan-fiction into the game. It is premature, but there's no harm in throwing around a few ideas. If anything I suggests contradicts the lore; it can be adjusted. Doesn't have much to do with OC's; these would be new enemies and a source of new quests.

Edited by Namutree

Roam Ants. Nomadic humanoid ant-people. If you drop something across their caravan line, they all freak out and don't know where to go.

That's what I would mod in. 6_u

Nomadic humaniod ant-people would be cool.

Actually, I hope there's a way to mod health regeneration so that it will automatically regenerate when not in combat.

I remember having to rest after every battle in BG and it drove me nuts!

So the fact that PoE is going to use the same type of resting system to restore health really worries me. But if it's moddable then all is well :).

I'll probably grab a portrait pack if it's easy enough to grab.

Other than that, dunno.

I'm real picky and tend to hate most everything the modders do.

It's usually only when something is done in an obviously bad way, that I go and seek a fix.

Dragon Age, remove status visual cues. Like some power attack mode presented by the warrior oozing strawberry jam.

Fallout 3, make traveling merchants "essential". Because they travel routes they can't survive if you venture near enough to see them.

Skyrim, skip the beginning. Because it's fun once, even twice. But after that you don't really want to anymore.

But stuff like Mr. Boombastics high res helmets, the kind that's totally out of place in the game world. Not for me.

• Like 4

I'll probably grab a portrait pack if it's easy enough to grab.

Other than that, dunno.

I'm real picky and tend to hate most everything the modders do.

It's usually only when something is done in an obviously bad way, that I go and seek a fix.

Dragon Age, remove status visual cues. Like some power attack mode presented by the warrior oozing strawberry jam.

Fallout 3, make traveling merchants "essential". Because they travel routes they can't survive if you venture near enough to see them.

Skyrim, skip the beginning. Because it's fun once, even twice. But after that you don't really want to anymore.

But stuff like Mr. Boombastics high res helmets, the kind that's totally out of place in the game world. Not for me.

Those are my favorite kinds of mods too.

At that point, you might as well just abolish the class divisions and mod it into a classless system, with all the class's abilities and traits in a big pool to choose from.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u