Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next Obsidian Kickstarter

Obsidian Pillars of Eternity Eternity Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3838 posts
I'd rob a bank to prevent an(other) Obsidian Star Wars game.
  • Lysen and gamerdude130 like this

Killyox

Killyox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Some cool Sci-Fi wouldn't be bad. Maybe some Science-Fantasy too.

Serra

Serra

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:darckwolfr
  • PSN Portable ID:xStarLordx
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

A new RPG game inspired by the World of darkness universe, I mean with all the variety for clans and races and using the Pillars of Eternity engine. I think that it could be awesome.

• Lars Westergren, Badmojo, bonarbill and 2 others like this

GhoulishVisage

GhoulishVisage

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'd like a game set in the modern period, with a horror theme and a secret world of monsters that pull the strings of humanity from the shadows.

Spoiler

Something along those lines would do nicely.
It could be great from an isometric view as well.

• Badmojo, bonarbill, Malekith and 2 others like this

bonarbill

bonarbill

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts

Does Obsidian really need to do a sci fi game?  I know some people want to see Obsidian take on the Sci-Fi genre so they can one up Square Enix and/or Bioware offerings, but I think the sci fi setting is overused.  I would love to see another RPG in the modern setting.  Maybe something similar to Alpha Protocol or even Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines?

Edited by bonarbill, 24 July 2014 - 04:17 AM.

• mkreku likes this

Celessia

Celessia

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I would very much like a new vampires game, with Obsidian being one of the very few developers who can pull it off. Would personally donate 300usd for kickstarter. The community has been wishing for bloodlines 2 for what seems like an eternity.

• Lars Westergren, Badmojo, Daulmakan and 2 others like this

Syraxis

Syraxis

Arrow Fodder of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1210 posts
  • Steam:Sarethi
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'd like a game set in the modern period, with a horror theme and a secret world of monsters that pull the strings of humanity from the shadows.

I'd be down for a modern setting RPG no matter the premise.

• Lars Westergren likes this

Chr1s

Chr1s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

one part of me wants something similar to crpg classics like Wizardry 6,7 and 8 because i really like these types of games or Ultima VII which is one of my favourite games as well.

But on the other hand i would welcome some sci/fi themed games as well and tbh it doesn't matter too  much for me, what matter is the quality of the game.

Edited by Chr1s, 25 July 2014 - 06:46 PM.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5869 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't think something Wizardry-like plays to Obsidian's strengths as an RPG developer. Better left to smaller devs who are more into that kind of uncompromising stat-crunching thing.

• Malekith likes this

Darkpriest

Darkpriest

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1396 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'd kill for a proper Stargate licensed RPG... Star Wars can be too

WotanAnubis

WotanAnubis

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Sawyer studied history, right?

So I think it'd be nice if we got an RPG set in an actual historic period and preferably one that doesn't already suffer from media over-exposure. Just hanging out, exploring a time and place in history most people likely to play Obsidian RPGs know little about. Something like that anyway.

Sci-fi and Gothic Horror could be fun too.

• Lars Westergren likes this

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1979 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I want a Sci-Fi cRPG. PLEASE MAKE IT SO.

Immortalis

Immortalis

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 301 posts

I think I either would like to see Arcanum with a tighter plot or more stuff in the PoE world.. I think they have developed some kick ass lore for this world but I do love Arcanum.. I just wish the game was a bit more refined..?

Forgotten Realms would have had my vote before WoTC ruined it to get the FPS crowd into DnD. Look we killed Mystra and blew **** up!

Zoma

Zoma

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Personally, I like for them to explore the Victorian setting similar to Arcanum but minus the non-subtle magic. What I would like is an atmosphere comparable to Sherlock Holmes setting intertwined with Cthulhu mythos. You gather investigators to unravel mysteries of the occult that leads to go against the unexplainable and the unbelievable. And you are equipped only with utilising the era's firearms, clues and information, traditional gypsie charms, and whatever relics and runes uncovered from the mystery. 

Basically, Elder Signs the true RPG. 

• gamerdude130 likes this

gamerdude130

gamerdude130

Grand Mechanist of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 51 posts

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but COME ON!! TIM CAIN IS ON THE TEAM!! WHERE IS MY ARCANUM 2!?

evilmiera

evilmiera

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but COME ON!! TIM CAIN IS ON THE TEAM!! WHERE IS MY ARCANUM 2!?

I don't know, a fantasy(or semi-fantasy) RPG after another fantasy RPG might not be the best idea. It'd have to be something the entire team could get behind, too.

Oh, and whatever the new kickstarter is I'll double my last pledge to it just to see those numbers soar :)

Edited by evilmiera, 28 July 2014 - 12:15 AM.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3838 posts
Yeah, prefer a non-fantasy game next *unless* it's an Oglaf game. South Park was the perfect preparation for the project, an irreverent fantasy-comedy, join the dots. :D It already has an established world (and map), a fantastic roster of recurring and throwaway characters, wondrous artifacts, twisted gods, etc.

Imagine a tutorial guided by the Derp Fox, that alone would be worth the purchase price!
  • evilmiera likes this

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5181 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Would love a "Weird Western" setting but that's probably darn unlikely.

Would also like a "Pulp Adventure" set in the 30s.  Doublely unlikely unless "Pulp Adventure" is defined as "Action + Lovecraft Mythos" in which case it goes back to just unlikely.

But, ultimately, I want Obsidian to do a kickstarter about a game setting they're passionate about.  That'll probably work out for the best.

Isn't the rights to that with Activision-Blizzard?  (Sierra was bought by Vivendi who was sold to Activision).

Unless you mean "Arcanum 2 in spirit and not in actual IP" in which case, carry on.

Edited by Amentep, 28 July 2014 - 07:27 AM.

• evilmiera likes this

evilmiera

evilmiera

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Would love a "Weird Western" setting but that's probably darn unlikely.

Would also like a "Pulp Adventure" set in the 30s.  Doublely unlikely unless "Pulp Adventure" is defined as "Action + Lovecraft Mythos" in which case it goes back to just unlikely.

But, ultimately, I want Obsidian to do a kickstarter about a game setting they're passionate about.  That'll probably work out for the best.

Isn't the rights to that with Activision-Blizzard?  (Sierra was bought by Vivendi who was sold to Activision).

Unless you mean "Arcanum 2 in spirit and not in actual IP" in which case, carry on.

Absolutely, the most important bit is the passion one. A game they can enjoy making is at the top of my wishlist. And uh, one that can make money at the same time, to keep them afloat. Everything else is just gravy.

And if that was an Oglaf game they better voice all the characters themselves. Chris would make a great Sandoval.

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I wouldn't mind an RPG in the vein of the Continuum tv series. Modern day setting, but you can get some cool weapons and tech powers due to existence of time travellers and such. I wouldn't mind some sort of Adventure/RPG a la the Quest for Glory games in that kind of setting either.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obsidian, Pillars of Eternity, Eternity, Kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users