Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next Obsidian Kickstarter

Obsidian Pillars of Eternity Eternity Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

Zahar

Zahar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

I'd like something with Chtulhu-esque horror. Could be also Scy-Fi, as long as the focus is in the horror and people becoming mad, not technology per se. But I'd rather have something steampunk-ish with chtulhu-esque horror.

• Zoma likes this

Krockus

Krockus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

First of all, thanks for Pillars of Eternity! I've just finished first act, very intresting what awaits me further in the game.

You are really best RPG makers now. I couldn't continue playing recent dragon age 3 when mighty inqvisitor was kicked(?!?!) from the palace by some servants (with a system message?!) for his breaking etiquette by fighting invaders in a palace (?!?!?!?!) - because dragon age 3 after that moment fully turned into some strange mix of arcade mini games, while I do like RPG. So, Pillars of Eternity is a fresh air, I waited it for years, wasteland 2 was much weaker.

You have made an intresting plot with meaningfull dilemas, and your combat system already looks better then dnd, one should decide now which attribute to increase.

So, all is well, press on, I want you to become the most large company on the RPG market, perhaps you should be larger then EA, only do not loose your quality. Be independent, that also means you should have enough money to take financial risks. Remember, some of publishers may well be your enemies because while a gamer plays your game once more time because he didn't tried yet another class or character ideals, he may well not buy call of duty x or some so-called "rpg". Rely on your strength, steam, and community.

I can help with finding untrivial moral problems for your future games should you need it.

Apatia

Apatia

Lurker of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm not much of a poster on these forums, even less after the KS campaign launched in 2012 but now I felt I had to even though I know I'm just wasting my time. You guys have weird priorities. I put quite a lot of money in PoE and I'm still not complaining.

1. I don't need my signed CE box for anything except for display. WHOPDIDOO! And almost all the extra crap in the box we already got in digital.
2. I am getting them eventually.
3. I knew I wouldn't get them for launch (I've never received my physical backer rewards in time and I knew this won't be any different, at least Obsidian tried and that's a lot more than some of the other have done)
4. I have already received the reason I gave Obsidian my money.

Spoiler

Everyone wants all their rewards, I get that. I do too but this has to stop. You backed PoE so Obsidian could make the game, yes? We got it and it's great*, everything else should be extra. They are doing the best they can. And not backing the next project because of this. Wtf? If this is the biggest problem then you really should've used the money somewhere else in the first place. Like I said, I put a lot of money in their KS campaign (and I was unemployed back then), I haven't received my physical rewards and I still would back their next game if they had to get the funding through crowdfunding.

And about some of the rewards being late, I don't know what's going on with Avellone's novel but I do know that they wanted to get something from the launch party included, should they have had the launch party a few weeks or a month before just so they could have it ready for launch? They are not filming a home video here, editing etc takes time.

End of rant. 

Edit: On topic - maybe something sci-fi next? Perhaps turn-based, isometric and.... stuff.

* Opinions and personal experiences may differ

Edited by Apatia, 01 April 2015 - 12:08 AM.

• Amentep and Zelean78 like this

Zoma

Zoma

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Cthulhu horror will be great. Though it works best by not being very specific in the lore similar to Dark Souls and Demon Souls for it to work very well.

Raeya

Raeya

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'd like to see Obsidian at least continue with a few RPGs that revolve in the world of PoE, and if they need kickstarter to do it, then I'm all for it. I think it would be nice too if they can keep the freedom and creativity to continue with their own game IP.

• rjshae likes this

lobotomy42

lobotomy42

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, one team should keep on working on the PoE expansion and possible sequel.

But if another team wants to kickstart another series....I know it sounds obvious, but, um, the already have the Pathfinder license...

Or are you asking for my fantasy idea? How about a fantasy RPG, but instead of medieval Euro trappings, change the time/place entirely.   Like maybe Meso-America? Or maybe a sci-fi setting blended with high fantasy tropes...like, some sort of evil "Lords" that are opposed by an order of "Knights" who have to travel around the galaxy to save a princess?

Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Steam:Dark_Ansem
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

No, no. Focus on this game and update its engine. Then they can move somewhere else.

Rather than a saga, I'd love to see a couple more expansions to PoE, and make it an unique game like Torment was. 

Lady Evenstar

Lady Evenstar

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm not much of a poster on these forums, even less after the KS campaign launched in 2012 but now I felt I had to even though I know I'm just wasting my time. You guys have weird priorities. I put quite a lot of money in PoE and I'm still not complaining.

1. I don't need my signed CE box for anything except for display. WHOPDIDOO! And almost all the extra crap in the box we already got in digital.
2. I am getting them eventually.
3. I knew I wouldn't get them for launch (I've never received my physical backer rewards in time and I knew this won't be any different, at least Obsidian tried and that's a lot more than some of the other have done)
4. I have already received the reason I gave Obsidian my money.

Spoiler

Everyone wants all their rewards, I get that. I do too but this has to stop. You backed PoE so Obsidian could make the game, yes? We got it and it's great*, everything else should be extra. They are doing the best they can. And not backing the next project because of this. Wtf? If this is the biggest problem then you really should've used the money somewhere else in the first place. Like I said, I put a lot of money in their KS campaign (and I was unemployed back then), I haven't received my physical rewards and I still would back their next game if they had to get the funding through crowdfunding.

And about some of the rewards being late, I don't know what's going on with Avellone's novel but I do know that they wanted to get something from the launch party included, should they have had the launch party a few weeks or a month before just so they could have it ready for launch? They are not filming a home video here, editing etc takes time.

End of rant. 

Edit: On topic - maybe something sci-fi next? Perhaps turn-based, isometric and.... stuff.

* Opinions and personal experiences may differ

Nice rage, but rather beside the point. Many of us supported tiers with two copies, one physical and one digital so that we and a partner would each have a copy. Until my husband and I each have our own copy, I don't agree that Obsidian has delivered "the game."  That other Kickstarters have also failed to deliver physical rewards in a timely fashion is cautionary, but irrelevant--unless Obsidian wishes to be viewed as "not quite a real business."

Dragosani

Dragosani

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

I don't care what they have planned.  After Pillars of Eternity I'll be on board for any Kickstarter they do.  Sadly I was unable to be a backer for POE but I've bought the game and I'm loving it.  I've always been a fan of Obsidian and it's obvious that they love what they do.  I really like that they were able to use Kickstarter to make a game that they were passionate about and I want to be a part of that process for their next one.

Bhazor

Bhazor

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Bible Black RPG. Guarantee it.

• orfeusz likes this

Moonlight Butterfly

Moonlight Butterfly

Crazy Cat Lady of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Although there's echoes of it in Pillars I'd really love an Arcanum game. <3

Luj1

Luj1

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 428 posts

I hope they try their own.

I wish for a game inspire by Arcanum or something out of this world. Fantasy, but totally crazy.

Steampunk is awesome. Arcanum is one of my favorite games (such a lovely setting!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obsidian, Pillars of Eternity, Eternity, Kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users