Next Obsidian Kickstarter

Dagon

i mean witcher level adult wink.png

So explicit sex. Okay.

"Witcher level adult", as in "teenage boy wanking to video game characters".

The juvenile boob cards... very adult :lol:

Yeah, very immature game in many ways. I think I feel like playing it again. Something about the first game just made it appealing to me in a way the second game completely failed to do (and no, it wasn't the cards). It's that hard to define thing that VMBL had too. Maybe the constent sense of oppressing darkness in the world.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ars Magica

God, yes!

It'd be an absolute nightmare for the programming department though.

So here are my other desired projects:

- A horror- and investigation-heavy Call of Cthulhu CRPG with absurdly brutal combat and a deep (in)sanity system, set in the roaring twenties. Maybe even Delta Green, set in the '90s or present day.

- Warhammer Fantasy or 40k CRPGs. Green Ronin and Fantasy Flight already set the groundwork beautifully.

- A non-starwarsey, non-cyberpunk modern sci-fi CRPG. Hard sci-fi-ish trans- and posthumanism lie ripe with opportunity yet criminally unexplored in videogames.

- World of Darkness. The new WoD, mind you: Requiem, Forsaken etc.

What about the paradox of "alien invasion" genre? Human is the alien invading some planet. We can play as a total conqueror, or try to establish peace with the local inhabitants while maintaining our interests, or we sided with with the local against our own people.

That sound like Avatar isn't it? But actually it is refreshing. Usually stories in games is about outside or "alien" threat and how we the original inhabitant (usually human) deal with it...this premise is true to DA:O, Mass Effect, TES :Oblivion, TES:Skyrim, and numerous of games. Zombie apocalypse also belong here.

So why not make a paradox, we are the "monster" instead of the victim? As we can see, our history also full of it actually...there are conquerors in the past, but epic stories usually about the people who defend against the conquerors, not the conquerors themselves.

Hey! I'm not a teenager...

oh

nvm

PS I still want a western or vampire game. Or maybe a vampire western though I have no idea how well that would work

Western vampire game makes me think of the Showtime show Penny Dreadful. Though, only one character is really a cowboy. And it's set in London. So really, Penny Dreadful is nothing like what you want, but would be a fun premise for a game. =P

• Like 1

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Hey! I'm not a teenager...

oh

nvm

PS I still want a western or vampire game. Or maybe a vampire western though I have no idea how well that would work

Western vampire game makes me think of the Showtime show Penny Dreadful. Though, only one character is really a cowboy. And it's set in London. So really, Penny Dreadful is nothing like what you want, but would be a fun premise for a game. =P

How about something like the Dark Tower?

If they do another Kickstarter it surely will be for an PoE Extension. But this will depend on the sold pieces of PoE.

Actual Kickstarter for me is Ultima Underworld Ascendant from former Looking Glas Studios which is doing not so well for the last 7 days running and afterwards I am waiting for InXiles new The Bards Tale IV which shall be a sequel to Bards Tale I-III, those games of old.

Bards Tale I: Tales of the Unknown was my first CRPG and brought me to the RPG and fantasy genre. A very special game for me, so I hope the Kickstarter for this will be amazing.

Edited by lightblade75

I would love a Shadowrun type of RPG, with VOICE acting, most top down RPG's always have diff races, and I know from past exp playing some of the old ones, it really makes a HUGE diff. The interaction between party members was great and sometimes drop dead funny. Examples Jagged Alliance , Dragon Age, Baldurs Gate etc. It always gives a game personality.

My two cents :)

SatchBoogie 

• Like 1

After South Park: The Stick of Truth, not being a fan of South Park and recently watching a lot of Archer, I can't help but to imagine how awesome it would be to do a Alpha Protocol-type game starring Sterling Archer and the Archer art style.

• Going through an entire story-arc of layer upon layer of espionage intrigue without ever mentioning what year it is.
  • Spy-oriented tropes upon tropes. On purpose.
  • Flailing wildly from disaster to disaster yet somehow making it out alive because you're kickass.
  • Who needs Q when you have Dr. Krieger?
  • Cyborgs.
Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 3

t50aJUd.jpg

I'm one of the people wanting (badly) to see another arcanum game ... With updated map, a multiplayer (I know, I'm daydreaming) which could include parties up to 10 people, a better AI, more spells/techs, a gigantique wold, sandboxisher ...

Yeah, Dreaming is sort of fun... But, they announced they want to make a Pillars of Eternity 2, if the first do well...

• Like 1

^IIRC the rights to Arcanum belong to Activision Blizzard (since Activision bought Vivendi who was the parent company of Sierra)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

How about making a zombie apocalypse theme, but in medieval or ancient era? There are a lot of modern zombie apocalypse, but we never see medieval and ancient era of zombie apocalypse.

Dark Souls the first have a bit of medieval zombie apocalypse and i like that. It is just that Dark Souls is action oriented, just kill kill kill die die die all the way, if it's have mix of Resident Evil element it would be great

In most modern zombie apocalypse theme, it is all about survival usually in towns, cities, now just imagine it is an ancient towns and cities...and modern zombies are usually unarmed and slow, now imagine zombies with swords and axes wearing armor...

In modern zombie apocalypse we rarely see zombie animals other than dogs...now in ancient-medieval time horses are common, so there should be zombie horses...

Edited by Qistina

plz, no zombie apocalypse games.... just no...

Why?

Most medieval fantasy will add up "undead zombies" as enemy, so why not just make it deeper with zombie apocalypse? Just tell me which medieval fantasy have no undead? All have undead.

But they are just undead zombies risen

i. because they just want to attack you for no reason

ii. because evil mages or demons rise them up

iii. because the place is cursed and/or disturbed by you

iv. because you rise them yourself as a mage

We never see a real ancient-medieval fantasy zombie apocalypse games

there is gazzilion of zombie apocalypse games and movies and series, I do not need another one. There is no driving force, nothing to make it interesting aside of something went bad and now we have zombies.....

Yeah, but mostly those games are of modern era where you use guns, the survival factor is different if it's in medieval era. How we want to survive a zombie apocalypse without guns?

It's probably unrealistic, but, I hope it's a spiritual successor to Alpha Protocol. I wonder if that could work well in the Pillars of Eternity engine.

Seeing what Zero Point Software has done with the Unity engine on their Interstellar Marines (still in EA) makes me think that wouldn't be a problem.

there is gazzilion of zombie apocalypse games and movies and series, I do not need another one. There is no driving force, nothing to make it interesting aside of something went bad and now we have zombies.....

Yeah, but mostly those games are of modern era where you use guns, the survival factor is different if it's in medieval era. How we want to survive a zombie apocalypse without guns?

There was a Kickstarter similar to what you are describing called Dead Crusade. It didn't generate enough interest and was cancelled after 15 days. I suspect a game with this theme likely wouldn't generate enough financial return to justify the investment.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

There was a Kickstarter similar to what you are describing called Dead Crusade. It didn't generate enough interest and was cancelled after 15 days. I suspect a game with this theme likely wouldn't generate enough financial return to justify the investment.

Really? But from what i see on the net, zombie apocalypse theme is very popular, that is why zombie apocalypse games and movies are still relevant. But maybe gamers on games forums are just being picky and minority.....

From what i know, people love zombie apocalypse because of

i. it's dark nature and environment - it is a creepy demonic world where we must survive

ii. emotional value - some zombies are crelated to main character

iii. a world without law - everything justified by "i need to survive", the only thing stop you going too far is your own morality

iv. mystery - surely there is a cause of the madness, want to find it out

v.  the feeling of being a survivor - you are a special one because you don't become a zombie, just don't get bitten by zombies

vi. friendship is magic - everyone else are zombies, so your company is the only ones you can talk to, if they are not crazy

vii. searching for hope - maybe there are other survivors, want to find them and bring them together to start a new life

After South Park: The Stick of Truth, not being a fan of South Park and recently watching a lot of Archer, I can't help but to imagine how awesome it would be to do a Alpha Protocol-type game starring Sterling Archer and the Archer art style.

• Going through an entire story-arc of layer upon layer of espionage intrigue without ever mentioning what year it is.
  • Spy-oriented tropes upon tropes. On purpose.
  • Flailing wildly from disaster to disaster yet somehow making it out alive because you're kickass.
  • Who needs Q when you have Dr. Krieger?
  • Cyborgs.

Love Archer but the last season was kinda tame, like they had run out of things to do. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Really? But from what i see on the net, zombie apocalypse theme is very popular, that is why zombie apocalypse games and movies are still relevant. But maybe gamers on games forums are just being picky and minority.....

From what i know, people love zombie apocalypse because of

i. it's dark nature and environment - it is a creepy demonic world where we must survive

ii. emotional value - some zombies are crelated to main character

iii. a world without law - everything justified by "i need to survive", the only thing stop you going too far is your own morality

iv. mystery - surely there is a cause of the madness, want to find it out

v.  the feeling of being a survivor - you are a special one because you don't become a zombie, just don't get bitten by zombies

vi. friendship is magic - everyone else are zombies, so your company is the only ones you can talk to, if they are not crazy

vii. searching for hope - maybe there are other survivors, want to find them and bring them together to start a new life

Yes and they should add Nazis too ,killing Nazis is also cool an they should also add LAZORS!!1 and jet packs.

The zombie "genre" is saturated and full of cheap and repeated cliches . And yes ,they laughed about that in South park the stick of truth so I am pretty sure that they won't make another lame zombie game.

I am not sure what the chances are that such a game will will be funded but I do want a space exploration/sand box game with ship upgrade system and ship to ship battle mechanics like Star control 2/3  ,Space rangers:rise of the dominators (which is one of the most underrated games ever created a must buy for anyone who likes this genre) and some of Sierras' old stuff.

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

To be interesting, I think a future zombie game needs to add something new to the formula. For example, the zombie outbreak is the result of a genetically engineered infestation designed by alien invaders to cripple human civilization prior to massive planetary engineering and colonization efforts. (What do you think all that alien abductions and probing was about? :alien:) Throw in some android infiltration units, alien terror weapons, militarized zombie formations, and bioengineered superhuman counterinsurgency teams.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

To be interesting, I think a future zombie game needs to add something new to the formula. For example, the zombie outbreak is the result of a genetically engineered infestation designed by alien invaders to cripple human civilization prior to massive planetary engineering and colonization efforts. (What do you think all that alien abductions and probing was about? :alien:) Throw in some android infiltration units, alien terror weapons, militarized zombie formations, and bioengineered superhuman counterinsurgency teams.

if you will make those zombies spawn aliens on death it will almost sound like an XCOM ;)