Next Obsidian Kickstarter

Dagon

Perhaps. Harebrained Schemes, especially after the release of their praised Dragonfall, are now doing very well over at Kickstarter.

I can understand companies wanting to milk that particular cow; it's a good way to fund indie gaming and to engage with the player fans. Just as long as they don't start trying to milk the bull... ;)

But... if I recall correctly... Harebrained Schemes pretty much said "Hong Kong is coming out, but there's tons of stuff we want to add to it, which is why we are here at Kickstarter". Sooo... rethorically speaking... are they milking it, or using it to improve their product?

So, when directly asked during the Pillars of Eternity Q&A panel on PAX South 2015 whether they have additional ideas for Kickstarter, Obsidian pretty much confirmed with a resounding YES. 

Not that surprising, and certainly leaves me hopeful that something may be announced after Eternity's release.

I'm just reading an article where Feargus says Obsidian will probably maybe likely go to Kickstarter for a sequel to Eternity. I get the sense a new IP will not be crowd-funded before Eternity 2. 

""I think so, I think that's what we'll do," he said. "It's not 100 percent. The reason is because first we didn't want to do it until [Pillars of Eternity] came out. The second thing is that the Kickstarter stuff is kind of up and down here and there. But the Shadowrun guys look like they're pretty successful, they're like one and a half or two million. I know if we put exploding kittens in it we could make billions.

"I think it might be a good time again for a Kickstarter, so we're talking about it."
  • Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Hm, so no new IP? I probably won´t be backer then. 

And where exactly did they say that? They might do both new IP and PoE 2. Or if PoE 2 sells well they might have enough capital to fund one game on their own.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Would love to see an rpg in a completly new setting, something that has never been done before.

Just about every kind of "take setting X and add Y" has already been done, but alot of movie themes have not gotten the rpg treatment yet so it would not even have to be completly original.

For example, a role playing game where you play "the thing" and spend your time eating people then masquerading as them while chatting up their shrinking pool of fellow survivors could be fun.

Or better yet, just something completly new.

Edited by Vizera
  • Like 1

oops , i started another topic like this...

here is my penny : how about the canceled aliens rpg?

or alpha protocol two. but more with a witcher adult vibe , don't be shy ;)

i'd be happy to see both isometrics and 3d from you guys.

They don't have the rights to either. And I doubt a kickstarter budget would be enough for them either.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dude.

A lot of stuff in Alpha Protocol was extremely adult.

Unless by "adult" you just mean sex.

• Like 2

i mean witcher level adult ;)

, aside from gog remasters, the witcher series are the only games i bought twice when it came out and 2.0 , though i'm contemplating w2 enhanced to spare me the download extension.... :)

What means witcher level adult? I mean specifications, what kind of elements make game witcher level adult?

• Like 2

PS I still want a western or vampire game. Or maybe a vampire western though I have no idea how well that would work

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've never seen Curse of the Undead but I have seen Near Dark and I was thinking something closer to the 1890s not the 1980s

EDIT Though the more that I think about it maybe I would like an 80s vampire game

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21