Next Obsidian Kickstarter

Dagon

I believe we don't have any details about it, but let's speculate a bit.

I think this time they will try SciFi or Space Opera setting, I also believe that they will use the Pillars engine, as it will reduce time and money needed for the project.

Do you think it is possible for them to license some property or they will try once again to create their own?

• Like 2

only if it's done a la Jagged Alliance 2

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm keen for an RPG set 500 years ago in the Far East. I don't know much about the period, but a third-person sandbox in that setting could really break the mold. Something unique, rife with characters, classes, and items that are new and exciting, if not slightly familiar: factions, war, monsters, magic, weapons, crafting. Imagine rogues are ninja, fighters as samurai, dark paladin ronin ...   

• Like 5

All Stop. On Screen.

Wuxia RPG.  Please let it be a Wuxia RPG.  If BioWare won't do Jade Empire 2, then let Obsidian fill the void and make a Wuxia RPG, except better, because they're Obsidian.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They were saying something about a licensed IP.So I hope i will be a SciFi setting. And I dream it will be Warhammer 40K.

Well, actually it was the first thing that came to my mind, seeing how many different companies are doing low budget WH40K games for mobile and PC, I wonder however if they would be able to afford such license as Firefly.

Edited by Dagon
  • Like 1

Wuxia RPG.  Please let it be a Wuxia RPG.  If BioWare won't do Jade Empire 2, then let Obsidian fill the void and make a Wuxia RPG, except better, because they're Obsidian.

I doubt this will happen but this is what I'd like too.

Something like Jade Empire minus the Bioware.

• Like 2

I would love some SciFi rpg, with upgraded PoE's stronghold mechanics for spaceship, which could be used as a transport al'a kotor, with more open world approach taken from fallout 1-2 , tactical turn based combat (again Fallouts but also Jagged Alliance) and placed on beautiful prerendered backgrounds of Pillars engine.  Maybe they could fit somehow Avellone's Star Wars pitch?

• Like 2

Still secretly hoping for either Bloodlines spiritual sequel or B.A.T. spiritual successor (two birds with one stone, spy and scifi) with properly beefed RPG mechanics, reactivity and narratives.

Something original'll do just fine though; as long as it is not magics, elves and platemail kind of fantasy.

Edited by Undecaf
  • Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Waifu sim.

Desu desu kawaiii, Krieger-san.

I'd like a version of the Shadowrun game that didn't suck.

I really liked Dragonfall but I'd rob a bank to fund an Obsidian Shadowrun game

Star Trek would be at least armored truck robbery worthy

WH40K or Vampire would be insurance fraud or insider trading or whatever people in minimum security prisons do

• Like 5

Free games updated 3/4/21

A new RPG game inspired by the World of darkness universe, I mean with all the variety for clans and races and using the Pillars of Eternity engine. I think that it could be awesome.

• Like 5

I'd like a game set in the modern period, with a horror theme and a secret world of monsters that pull the strings of humanity from the shadows.

Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Blood

Something along those lines would do nicely.
It could be great from an isometric view as well.

• Like 5

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Does Obsidian really need to do a sci fi game?  I know some people want to see Obsidian take on the Sci-Fi genre so they can one up Square Enix and/or Bioware offerings, but I think the sci fi setting is overused.  I would love to see another RPG in the modern setting.  Maybe something similar to Alpha Protocol or even Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines?

Edited by bonarbill
  • Like 1