What are you playing now?

I finally completed Divinity: original Sin. Steam says 98 hours and that's about right, even if I left the game running while doing other things for around 8 of those hours.

What I enjoyed were the combat, the character advancement system and the exploration. Thumbs up to the soundtrack, and unlike most people, I enjoyed the graphics. Not so much the characters, but the environments were good looking in my opinion.

What I did not enjoy was the writing. Why I am so forgiving is that I already knew from previous Larian games that I would not play this for its exceptional writing. It was all about the gameplay, and I got what I wanted. I can also say that I was not very fond of the rock, paper, scissors mini-game, I hope to never see it again.

All in all, this is my GOTY so far and it was a great ride, even if combat got a little too easy by the end.

Alright, so a NWN druid focusing on ranged combat.  Is it worth it to spend a feat to get martial weapons so that I can use bows, or am I better off saving the feat for other things and just sticking with a sling?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just ballsed up a Payday2 heist after 45 minutes of stealth...

That's quite frustrating to loose so much time and get nothing... and I got a co-op player now accussing me of being a greedy bastard and "if only you went with 2 instead of 8 bags we would have made it!"

:/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think I'll just stick with a sling.  Rapid Shot works with slings, right?  It's only crossbows that don't work with Rapid Shot, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, so far things are going smoothly.  I haven't bothered hiring a meat shield for my druid since my bear Pookie and a summoned dire boar do the job well enough, letting me hang back and hurl rocks.  Granted, I've mostly been fighting zombies so far, things will surely get tougher staying out of melee once I face faster and less mindless enemies.  One more level until Call Lightning (/rubs hands together).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just ballsed up a Payday2 heist after 45 minutes of stealth...

That's quite frustrating to loose so much time and get nothing... and I got a co-op player now accussing me of being a greedy bastard and "if only you went with 2 instead of 8 bags we would have made it!"

:/

That's why I stopped playing it. Sometimes you could have awesome games, but most of the time it was just annoying, as someone ****s it up for everyone or just doesn't care or w/e. This games fun depends too much on all 4 human players.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So I've been playing Sacred 3.

Divorcing myself from the expectations of the series (ie Diablo 2-esque ability tree combat in an open world and a weird sense of humor) the game is so far kind of fun.

I can see logically why they've done certain things (the level design and general look feel an awful lot like Diablo III) and they still try to send you all over Ancaria (only this time, in discrete missions with some side missions instead of the open world with rampaging hordes...walking around).  The sense of humor seems a little too broad though, whereas the humor in Sacred 1 and 2 seemed very...unique (or perhaps just German? :p).  There are still skill trees and some degree of character planning (but the system allows you to change on the fly by "unbuying" skill trees and development paths - presumably to make it easier to partner online).

I'd have preferred an Ascaron Sacred 3 (and indeed I'm looking forward to Unbended from some of the former Ascaron team) but so far, for what it is its not a bad action RPG title.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

fired up Wasteland 2 and went to Ag Center. now, there's this basement level with poisonous gas in the corridors. was I supposed to clear it out somehow beforehand, or is this the "go into the poison and press some button to get rid of it, or die trying" scenario?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

fired up Wasteland 2 and went to Ag Center. now, there's this basement level with poisonous gas in the corridors. was I supposed to clear it out somehow beforehand, or is this the "go into the poison and press some button to get rid of it, or die trying" scenario?

You have to take your mechanic to the part with the huge fans. There you can fix them and remove the poison. Not 100% sure anymore how to do it... I only remember that I did this (you probably have to brute force a door first). Keep in mind that you can split your party in the maps (press space bar). You don't have to send all your guys.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Later scenario is only one that I have succeed to find.

• Like 1

and I don't have a mechanic... great

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's why I stopped playing it. Sometimes you could have awesome games, but most of the time it was just annoying, as someone ****s it up for everyone or just doesn't care or w/e. This games fun depends too much on all 4 human players.

Generally just play with 1 or 2 friends... not going online... that's like the worst idea. Who wants to do co-op with strangers?

Since we're all good friends, that seriously lessens instances of what you said.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

On one side if you you can race through the poison a distance and there's a door you can go through and a room free of poison. If you carry on to the metal doors, you can break them down, in which case there's a drilling laser thing you can repair to clear the way.. or smash through a wall into a room full of mutated critters.

If you go the other way, its a long corridor full of fans, this one has another corridor running alongside it you can sprint into and out of the poison gas. But you need to have computer skills to override the airlock doors to go all the way up it, or someone to run between the non-moving fans to brute force the door closed so the airlocks open. Once you get all the way around, you can switch on all the vents and that'll suck the poison clear.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished game number 31 for the year. Tales of Xillia. I don't feel it is as good as the other Tales games released this generation, though I still had fun with it, even beating every sub event. It was good enough for me to not cancel my pre-order of the sequel.

On one side if you you can race through the poison a distance and there's a door you can go through and a room free of poison. If you carry on to the metal doors, you can break them down, in which case there's a drilling laser thing you can repair to clear the way.. or smash through a wall into a room full of mutated critters.

heh, that's a funny story actually. 

that drilling laser - no way to repair it. what's more, I did get through that corridor, almost lost half my team. went up the stairs, and there's a room with a door, that's blocked by plants.

here's the funny part. I don't have any explosives to blow it up. I don't have anything to cut it down with. so I went back through the corridor of death, thank god the cripple agreed to trade with me, because I happened to have a cure for his illness on me. and he had a sickle. so now I have to go all the way back to that room on the other end of the corridor of death.

and god help me if that sickle doesn't cut the hell out of that plant

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

Hm, I fixed it and the drilling doohicky races into that corner of the corridor and all the plant life goes kersplat.

I can't remember if I used mechanical repair, or if it needed computer science to program it. One of those sorts of skills.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have neither, so...  :facepalm:

Walsingham said:

19 hours into Assassins Creed 3, Just fended off the attack on Concord. I'm really enjoying the game. I don't get all the hate. I like that my Assassin recruits are named characters with a unique appearance, but I wish I could do more with them. Like if they showed up on the homestead training or something.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bought Xenonauts from GOG, seriously a great investment.. I never got to play the original UFO Enemy Unknown, but I enjoyed Firaxis newer version.. Looking at gameplay videos of the old game, I felt Xcom went a little too soft though, I wanted to build several bases and feel like I had to make sacrifices to win. In comes Xenonauts, it's basically the same game with all the same aliens, alot harder, less pretty and quite a bit more strategic. Combat is fast and unforgiving and I really feel like I'm playing an old 90s game with updated graphics.. Awesome, really recommend it!

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Since I've started Sacred 3, I've also fired up Sacred 2 which I've been playing off-and-on for some time. Now I need to remember what my Dryad was doing (or start over, but that might be a nightmare).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have been playing Far Cry 2 for 15 hours when it suddenly occurred to "I'm not enjoying this"  :getlost:

Its not the fake South African accents that got to me, its just the gameplay. You drive around, and the driving is awkward,  through enemy checkpoints to fight groups of people that always have the same strategy....the game is clichéd and just dull

So I uninstalled it and I have just  bought Jade Empire off Steam for $14, I will download it later  tonight. I am excited about this game :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela