What are you playing now?

I bought the Wii U, mostly for Mario Kart.  I also bought a couple wiimotes, but they were terrible and I returned them.  All the Pro controllers were sold out, but at Walmart I found a decent knockoff so the kids could play two player mario kart.  I also picked up Lego Grand Theft Auto, and my son is enjoying jacking cars and crashing into things.

Nice.  I didn't even know there was a Lego GTA.  I actually have the problem of too many Wii U games and not enough time to play them at the moment, mostly because I only got the Wii U recently and also because it's taking me so long to finish Pirate Creed 4 (a good problem to have).  I already have Bayonetta 2 pre-ordered and will be playing that as soon as I get my grubby little hands on it, so I have about 2 months to clear my Wii U plate.

Edit:

That didn't last long, my son just broke Mario Kart pulling it out of the case.

Sucks man.  I'm sorry.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I call Lego City Undercover Lego GTA, it's very similar. :) 

I put a call in to Gamestop about my broken Mario Kart.  If I'd had it for a couple months, I wouldn't bother, but I am surprised how easily it broke pulling it out of the case.  My son has been pulling games out of PS3 cases for awhile now and never had this problem, although I still made it very clear to him what he did wrong.  

The guy at Gamestop is going to check with his manager, but I'm not holding my breath.  I may be sticking with digital purchases for now on, although I'll need a bigger hard drive.  :p

The cases Big N uses hold the discs with an iron grip, there's almost no brute forcing them out of the case without breaking them, but if you just press the center the disc pops right out nice and easy, which I'm sure you know, but your son likely didn't before.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I recently received some movies in digipaks where the retention clip wasn't actually on the spindle (which was seemingly only there for show), but on the edge of the disc. There were a few of them - probably four - but only one can actually be pressed to release the disc. Arrrgh! Someone needs to legislate some standards on this kind of thing.

P.S. "Eco" cases are apparently designed by the same people who design plate armour with boob windows.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think I need a break from Pirate Creed.  I like the game a lot, but...  there's just too much game for me to go through without taking a break to play something else.  I have my game of KoA:Reckoning to return to, but I have very little motivation to do so.  I like the combat in the game fine but everything else is just so...  forgettable.  I played the game as recently as a week ago and I can't recall even one character's name, not one, and I'm not the type to skip through dialogue and narration, I read and listen to everything.  I have no motivation to progress the story because I don't care about anyone or anything in that world.  I'm thinking of scooping up Golden Sun on the eShop.  I could use a jRPG fix.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think I need a break from Pirate Creed.  I like the game a lot, but...  there's just too much game for me to go through without taking a break to play something else.  I have my game of KoA:Reckoning to return to, but I have very little motivation to do so.  I like the combat in the game fine but everything else is just so...  forgettable.  I played the game as recently as a week ago and I can't recall even one character's name, not one, and I'm not the type to skip through dialogue and narration, I read and listen to everything.  I have no motivation to progress the story because I don't care about anyone or anything in that world.  I'm thinking of scooping up Golden Sun on the eShop.  I could use a jRPG fix.

I play Amalur every now and then. I really can't be arsed to listen to dialog and I am the same as you in normal cases. I want to read and listen to everything. I did so at first in the game, but I gave up. I do like the locations, combat and the overpowered craft is a double edged sword. However, I don't even remember what the hell I am supposed to do in the main story. I just explore the world and do side stuff.

• Like 1

Got pretty fed up with the Highpool voting debacle in Wasteland 2, so I've gone back to NV. Thinking of making a character based on Omar Little.

Look man, I do what I can do to help y'all. But the game is out there, and it's either play or get played.

• Like 1

Yay, I got a new copy of Mario Kart due to some great Gamestop customer service.  My local shop was useless as usual, but thankfully I bought the game at a bigger store down the road and they were great.  Almost enough to erase a bit of my bitterness about their PC selection.

I guess I'll be playing Wasteland soon, but how beta is it?  I don't really like betas for single player games.

• Like 2

Yay, I got a new copy of Mario Kart due to some great Gamestop customer service.  My local shop was useless as usual, but thankfully I bought the game at a bigger store down the road and they were great.  Almost enough to erase a bit of my bitterness about their PC selection.

I'm really happy you got your Mario Kart 8 replaced.  My Miiverse account is Keyrock (just like my username here) if you want to add me as a friend (that goes for anyone else here with a Wii U), in case you want to do some Mario Kart online racing in the future, and in case you ever wind up scooping up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Bayonetta 2 for co-op goodness.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Got pretty fed up with the Highpool voting debacle in Wasteland 2, so I've gone back to NV. Thinking of making a character based on Omar Little.

Look man, I do what I can do to help y'all. But the game is out there, and it's either play or get played.

I ain't never put my gun on nobody that wasn't in the game.

Edited by AGX-17

Been playing Assassin's Creed Revelations since about 6pm today, with a couple small breaks of a half hour or so, so around 4-5 hours worth of playing. Suddenly crashes, I boot it back up and my save is corrupted. Crashes every time I try to load it. I was in memory sequence 8 when it crashed. Someone suggested restoring a previous version of my save folder, which worked, but I lost everything I did today.

Edit: Ok wierd. Restoring my saves from 8:30 am this morning has somehow just decorrupted my savegame from an hour ago, so I didn't actually lose anything. Awesome.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Same... I used to play it SP, and OMD1 definitely trumps OMD2 in SP... but now I play it co-op with a friend... well, even it's ugly artstyle I no longer mind :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Mr Sawyer has quite a distinctive voice while singing at the Tops, I wonder whether the gentleman has had some training? Sat around wondering whom to support in this playthrough of NV, the NCR seem to be blindly groping down exactly the same path as the old world, and even Ceasar's Legion is preferable to more thermonuclear armageddon and experiments like those conducted in Vault 11. The promise of Shady Sand's is I think long gone.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

A single-player game, with an unrelenting story and my choice of getting scared through stealth, or purple twinkie bricks during face-to-zombie-face combat ... amazingly fun. Played three straight hours already today, in The Last of Us Remastered.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Well I thought what the hell and plugged the Wasteland 2 steam code I got for backing Eternity in and have whiled away a large chunk of the evening roaming around the AgCenter with my smooth talking, handgun waving ranger shooting pod people...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On to Assassins Creed 3, and other than the combat system overhall I don't get the hate. Better than Revelations

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well I thought what the hell and plugged the Wasteland 2 steam code I got for backing Eternity in and have whiled away a large chunk of the evening roaming around the AgCenter with my smooth talking, handgun waving ranger shooting pod people...

What about the other three? And Angela "Easy Mode" Death?

Installed Saints Row 4 a week ago, haven't got to it yet.

You might as well, you can clear it in one weekend with time to spare.

Edited by AGX-17

I've decided to fire up a game of Neverwinter Nights.  It's been many many years.

Hordes of the Underdark, right?

Nope.

Dear lord, you're not going to play the original campaign, are you?

I am.

The hell?

I know.

You are aware the original campaign is rather boring.

I know all too well.

And you're still going to play it?

Yep.

Are you a masochist?

I've been accused of worse.  Anyway, I'm going half-orc druid style, I plan to scoop up zen archery and stick with missile weapons whenever possible.  I got a bear animal companion to keep enemies occupied in melee.  I named my bear companion "Pookie".  :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What about the other three? And Angela "Easy Mode" Death?

Well, I went with Hex for the mechanical fixery, Big Bert for the muscles, and Bear for the hunting, sniping, general assault rifle of DOOM!.

Hm, talking of Angela Deth, if you dismiss her, she seems to totally disappear from the game. I can find all the other companions loitering in the mess hall, but no sign of her in or around the Ranger Citadel.

Still pootling along on it, sunk a large chunk of my sunday into gaming in the wasteland now. I'm enjoying it as a pleasant game, but I haven't really been grabbed by anything amazing, just having the nice nostalgia. Getting the Rad Nomads to have peace was a pain in the ass tho.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."