What are you playing now?

After finishing Legends of Grimrock I am going to take a quick break from fantasy gaming and start on Far Cry 2 tomorrow night. I loved Far Cry 3 and heard number 2 is also very good

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

#2 gave me motion sickness. But then I tended to not be able to drive and keep to a road either which meant a lot of bouncing around. Had to give up playing.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

#2 gave me motion sickness. But then I tended to not be able to drive and keep to a road either which meant a lot of bouncing around. Had to give up playing.

That's unusual but appreciated input, I'll keep that in mind :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hopefully you'll drive better than I did. :x

But I liked a lot of other stuff the game was doing up to that point.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Skyrim. This is the first game I'll play on my new 29" monitor.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Singularity

Man, the guns are so horribly weak, there are no subtitles, you can only carry 2 weapons, the FOV is rather bad and the story just doesn't grab me. I don't know why I'm playing thi-

Wait.

*holds E key*

ZA WARUDO!

Oh my, now I suddenly love this

• Like 1

Ran into my first QTE in Deadfall Adventures.  And just after I had sung the game's praises for not having any.  Figures.  At least it was an easy QTE and it's not an insta-fail one.  Still, though.  *sigh*

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Created a second profile in D:OS since my first is stuck (due to crashing on level up, sorta gamebreaking ;)). I'm more or less back where I left of now, still trying to figure out a way to solve the murder mystery without breaking any laws (might make you wonder why I picked a rogue and a wayfarer to start with :p)

Singularity

Man, the guns are so horribly weak, there are no subtitles, you can only carry 2 weapons, the FOV is rather bad and the story just doesn't grab me. I don't know why I'm playing thi-

Wait.

*holds E key*

ZA WARUDO!

Oh my, now I suddenly love this

I thought it was a fun game. :p

I thought it was a fun game. :p

Horrible guns, but I dig the timestop shenanigans

"Oh what's the matter big guy, wanna punch me? Go ahead, I'll let you give me one right on the chin"

*time stop*

"Oh sorry, did I say on the chin? I meant right on the explosive barrel. Silly me!"

I've reached the final level in Deadfall Adventures, though I'm going to go back to the penultimate level to get one treasure I missed.  I know where it is though I haven't figured out how to reach it and I got to a point where I couldn't go back any more, and because of the checkpoint save system and lack of manual saves *sigh* I couldn't just reload a previous save.  Luckily, I won't have to replay the whole level.  It's relatively early in the level and once I figure out how to get to the treasure then reach a checkpoint, I can just stop there then go back to the last level and I'll have the treasure, which will make all of them, as there are no treasures to find in the last level of the game, to the best of my knowledge, and I've gotten all the treasures in each of the previous levels.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I finished Deadfall Adventures.  I thoroughly enjoyed the game.  What it lacked in production values it made up for with solid gunplay and great pacing.  The game does a terrific job of mixing up combat, exploration, and puzzle solving, so you never fall into a rut of doing one thing for too long.  As the game began, and had the great mix of puzzles and combat, I feared it would start ditching the puzzles and get very combat heavy in the latter stages, because so many previous games have fallen into that rut.  For whatever reason, a shockingly (and sadly) high percentage of games that split their focus on combat and exploration and/or puzzles, fall into a rut of a linear grind of battle after battle after battle after battle in the finishing stages of the game.  I don't know if it's the developers running out of inspiration, running out of time and throwing together a bunch of filler battles to finish up the game quickly, or some weird notion that finishing with a metric ****ton of combat somehow makes for an exciting finish.  Luckily, Deadfall Adventures avoids this rut and remains 50/50 puzzle & exploration/combat throughout with the elements wonderfully mixed together and spaced out, right down to the very end.

There are 11 levels in the game.  It took me a little over 17 hours to finish, but that's with taking time to find all the treasures, including going back to previous levels a few times to find treasures I missed.  On that front, I was wrong about there not being treasures in the last level, there are.  The reason I thought that was because getting all the treasures through the first 10 levels allows you to get every skill upgrade in the game (treasures are essentially skill points in Deadfall Adventures), making the treasures in the final level useless to me, though someone who missed some treasures along the way would find them useful.  Someone just trying to get through the game and not caring about finding treasures could probably beat the game in 12  hours or so, I estimate.

In conclusion, I liked Deadfall Adventures a lot.  The game got pretty lackluster reviews so I wasn't expecting much, but what I got was nearly 20 hours of thoroughly enjoyable adventure goodness.  Had I bought the game at full price(I didn't), I would still be satisfied, though I'm not sure I would recommend it to everybody at that price.  At the 75% off price point I scooped it up at (10 buckaroos), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone and everyone who's down for a FPS/adventure/puzzle game hybrid and can look past cliche story and hilariously bad voice acting and dialogue.

I give the game 4 chest bumps out of Predator handshake.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Thief Gold and Men of War. The latter is particularly interesting, since I've taken to stealing tanks from whomever is on the other side of the barricade.

Fun to drive around a bunch of Crusaders while you're playing as the Afrika Korps.

Edited by Tagaziel

Played through Limbo. Great little game, a puzzler-platformer. Good difficulty I think, had to look up one puzzle. Only thing that tarnished the experience was that a nasty freezing bug at the game's end. Very annoying, but otherwise a fun game.

Also playing through Original Sin, albeit slowly. Not quite as crazy about it as many are. It's undoubtedly fun but I don't know, something keeps me from being totally sucked into it. 

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

With Deadfall Adventures finished, I decided to fire up Final Fantasy VIII.  The game is a weird mishmash of updated higher res models and original 1999 graphics.  I could, of course, just turn the updated models off and play with all original models and textures, but I strangely enjoy the jarring, bizarre mixture of horrifically low res textures and updated models (which still look terrible, just less terrible).  I'm also still playing Mario Kart 8 and Monster Hunter 3 in spurts on and off.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Shovel Knight since I got sort of "turn-based RPGs with no compelling story or cast of main characters"-outed with Divinity:OS and Wasteland 2. Feels like I'm playing Megaman 2 for the first time again. Feels good, man. Well, except for the drastically reduced movement speed while charging an attack (at least megaman got to move normal speed with a charged shot.) YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DOING, COMCEPT, I HAVE FAITH IN YOU.

Edited by AGX-17