No circles below characters?

Sorry if this was asked before? Do we have an option to disable circles below characters? Look at Divinity Original Sins! It looks brilliant without those circles.

Also for the highlights, they implemented the cel-shading or character outilnes. It looks way, way awesome than the circle below each characters. Those really hurt my eyes. I sincerely hope they can be disabled. Thanks!

Apparently all "on screen" hud markers will be toggleable.  This has been confirmed to include the bars over peoples heads and such.  Does it go all the way to the ground markers?  That we don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

The IE games had a feedback slider which controlled when circles around units were displayed. I personally prefer selection circles around everything all the time like Baldur's Gate 1.

BG2's default setting was circles around player controlled units and enemies, and blue NPC circles were visible on highlighting the unit, and during pause.

The IWD guys made enemy circles only visible during pause by default (Perhaps they just reduced the feedback slider setting for default)

At any rate, I think PE includes these options in some form or another. A feedback slider for when to display selection circles would be nice.

they have toggles for everything so no need to worry

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

we like the circles as an option, particularly if combat is having any noteworthy complexity.  the bg enhanced editions allowed you to specify a particular color for each party member's circle, which we were thinking were a fantastic idea. particularly at higher resolutions, isometric combats can be confusing. you potential got a half-dozen party members, some o' whom is gonna have similar gear, fighting against an even larger number o' enemies in darkened caves and tunnels. many such battles is gonna be close-ranged affairs and is gonna be frenetic, even with pause. colored circles let Gromnir know, at a glance, the location and identity o' each party member. is a much better system o' identification than is b00b v. no b00b armour as has been suggesting elsewhere.

in a game where combat is kinda simple, no such circles is needed, but being able to toggle-on or toggle-off varied color circles is a good thing in our book. we don't necessarily want such circles to be ubiquitous, but is a good option.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Man... I was gonna make the joke that we already have "circles" to identify characters with, but Gromnir already beat me to the female armor reference. 8)

But, yeah, I don't think they've specifically given us an official list of each individual thing that will be toggleable, but they've said multiple times now how pretty much anything that could be toggled off without fundamentally cracking a hole in the gameplay, will be toggleable. They've said stuff like "All the options that collectively make up expert mode will be individual options, as well."

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

we like the circles as an option, particularly if combat is having any noteworthy complexity.  the bg enhanced editions allowed you to specify a particular color for each party member's circle, which we were thinking were a fantastic idea. particularly at higher resolutions, isometric combats can be confusing. you potential got a half-dozen party members, some o' whom is gonna have similar gear, fighting against an even larger number o' enemies in darkened caves and tunnels. many such battles is gonna be close-ranged affairs and is gonna be frenetic, even with pause. colored circles let Gromnir know, at a glance, the location and identity o' each party member. is a much better system o' identification than is b00b v. no b00b armour as has been suggesting elsewhere.

in a game where combat is kinda simple, no such circles is needed, but being able to toggle-on or toggle-off varied color circles is a good thing in our book. we don't necessarily want such circles to be ubiquitous, but is a good option.

HA! Good Fun!

And is there toggle which will enable/disable boobs/boobsarmor? I would definitely enable it!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And is there toggle which will enable/disable boobs/boobsarmor? I would definitely enable it!

Most likely not, since they'd have to make two different armor models for that, instead of toggling something that inherently exists. I suspect that was probably, at the very least, a contributing factor to the choice to go with shapely armor models instead of others. *shrug*

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

At any rate, Divinity has proven it looks far more impressive without those circles!

That's... rather silly. To be kind and sweet and loving. Christlike. Buddhalike. Devoid of any and all worldly feelings. I am a being of pure, benign love for you, existing only in the celestial hierarchy, and I find this statement to be silly and worldly. Imagine what the mortal humans bound by mortal desires think.

• Like 3