Why not make a Knights of the first Republic game ?

Mishler

I would love to see more Knights of the Old Republic games made, but i do not think that is happening. If we cannot see more Knight of the Old Republic can we see something like Knights of the First republic or something like that. Maybe not the first force sensitive to come around, but maybe the first one that went from proto light sabers to light sabers. Not is known from this era and it would give you a lot of freedoms to make another great game series like KotOR. it would be great to see some landscapes we are familar with that look drasticly different and also see planets and races that have long since perished in even the Old Republic.

Thanks,

Mishler

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/485907791928774656/photo/1

Long version:

EA has 10 year exclusive Star Wars rights. They own BioWare. So it's unlikely that if any other SW RPG's come they are developed by them instead rather than a company EA has to hire for it... sad thruth :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think it is okay if want to make Knight of the New Republic now, because everything after Star wars episode 7 can be canon, so i think it's possible

New Republic is the Rebels who establish the New Republic after the Death Star destroyed...the game can be separated from the movie that is on the way now, don't have to interfere with whatever movie plot is...

It's a new order of Jedi, like Jedi Academy...but to make it unique and separate from Jedi Academy, the hero must be not from the New Order but will stumble upon in some occasion, but then going through own mission and quest whatever it is...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That's what i'm saying, Obsidian should try to ask EA to let them develop KOTOR 3 or a new star wars RPG. Easier said than done but it's defiantly worth a try and it would make a lot of profit if ever made I guarantee it.

• Like 1

Would have loved another Star Wars RPG from Obsidian. Urquhart seemed eager to do it but alas, it was not meant to be.. :(

Whether it's Old Republic, New Republic, Light Republic or Avocado Republic is superficial because every era in the Star Wars universe is pretty much interchangeable. 

Edited by TheChris92

In May 2013, Electronic Arts and Disney signed a ten-year exclusive licensing agreement for EA to publish Star Wars games developed by BioWare, DICE and Visceral Games. 

i.e., I do not believe it would be possible for Obsidian Entertainment to develop a new Star Wars RPG under those terms between EA and Disney; and I see no reason for EA to contract Obsidian Entertainment to do another Star Wars RPG when EA has BioWare in-house.

Disney retains the rights to make casual and social games in the Star Wars universe on mobile devices, tablets and the web.  I assume social games cover MMO, which means EA will not be able to make another Star Wars MMO under the current terms.  And why would EA want to make another Star Wars MMO to compete with Star Wars: The Old Republic?

EA has only ten years to make Star Wars games. So I assume EA would want to make as many Star Wars games as possible - especially during the next ten years when the new Star Wars movies will be released.

Given the wording of the EA-Disney agreement, I assume BioWare, DICE and Visceral Games are separately working on at least three different Star Wars game, likely in different genres.

Wikipedia lists BioWare as currently working on an unannounced Star Wars game.  Given that: EA already has an on-going MMO (i.e., Star Wars: The Old Republic) and BioWare only makes RPG, I assume BioWare is making a non-MMO Star Wars RPG. 

Sources:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-20-eas-star-wars-game-deal-lasts-a-decade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare#Games

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/05/07/five-star-wars-games-ea-will-hopefully-make/

Edited by ktchong