Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

So no beta for anyone who didnt pledge over 110$ correct?

Beta key was also add-on option to every tier that contained copy of the game

No, If you pledge 110€ you got it

Edited by Kharador

I really don't know if I should play the beta. On the one hand, I really want to help iron out any issues PoE might still have, provide feedback in case there are things I really don't like (or do), and get a bit of experience building characters.

On the other hand, I don't want to get spoiled too much, or become too familiar with a game ending that "new and exciting" feel that games have when you first play them.

I feel that if I want to debate about topics coming up, having some hands-on experience puts me in a better position to argue, but I wonder if that's needed.

Advice?

For people who are concerned about spoilers, the Backer Beta will feature a number of areas near the middle of the game that do not have strong connections (if any) to the critical path.  In addition to the characters you create, we are also likely to feature a roster of pre-made characters who are not companions.  We don't have any interest in using the Backer Beta to give out story info.  We'd much rather have people play it and throttle the mechanics, UI, etc. so we can make fixes and adjustments.

Really pleased to hear this. Was going to not make use of the option to play the beta because of spoiler worries, but it'll be a nice early introduction to game mechanics now.

Yes, it was.

However it was like 25 euro or something, almost the full game. So I said 'no thanks'...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yes, it was.

However it was like 25 euro or something, almost the full game. So I said 'no thanks'...

If you go to the pledge manager you can check it... Starting 110$ you have it!

inform yourselves!

Edited by Kharador

Yes, it was.

inform yourselves!

mmmmm a bit convoluted but i understand now

Read please.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

So if you already backed PoE for $35, do you have to pay the extra $125 for the backer beta and all the extra stuff? What if I just want the beta? I'd be fine with spending another $25 or so to get beta access, but anything substantially more than that is too pricey for me.

So if you already backed PoE for $35, do you have to pay the extra $125 for the backer beta and all the extra stuff? What if I just want the beta? I'd be fine with spending another $25 or so to get beta access, but anything substantially more than that is too pricey for me.

You could have added a beta key for $25 when you confirmed your pledge. Once confirmed, I don't think it's available any longer.

Just an extra $25 should do it. From what I hear the portal is being finicky at the moment though, and once you've finalized your pledge you can't change/up your pledge any further at the moment. Once they get it working again (Hopefully around the time of the next update, or at least before the beta hits) you ought to be able to do just that.

(What may be possible now, is make a new pledge for just the game at $35, and then add $25 for the beta. But you'll be paying that extra $35 for nothing. Well, not nothing - I guess you can give that extra download code to a friend. But adding an extra copy to an existing pledge only costs $25 as well, so ... ah. Still $10 'wasted', though.)

EDIT: or uh, yeah, what Flow said.

Edited by Ark Evensong

They were supposed to alter the portal so you could update your pledge post-dato, but they haven't gone around doing it yet. The portal itself also took a LOOOONG time to setup. It's not really going well there I get the impression :/

^

Yeah, right now you can only add things to unfinalized pledges. Thus, if your pledge is finalized, then, at the moment, the only way to get add-ons is to make another, what... $35 pledge? (It's got to at least be the tier that comes with a copy of the game). They've mentioned frequently (pretty much since right after the portal went up) that they're working on getting add-on support in place for already completed/finalized orders, so that we'll have the option to "edit" our finalized pledges.

Patience is a virtue, :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Yes, it was.

inform yourselves!

Beta key was part of reward in in $110 and above tiers, but there was also option to pay $25 extra on your tier and get beta key as add on. You can go check yourself in https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/addons 

Yes, it was.

inform yourselves!

Beta key was part of reward in in $110 and above tiers, but there was also option to pay $25 extra on your tier and get beta key as add on. You can go check yourself in https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/addons 

404, I already finalized my 20$ pledge so i dont think i can add it 

Yes, it was.

inform yourselves!

404, I already finalized my 20$ pledge so i dont think i can add it

Some reason there is "space" - character  in end of link that should not be there

here link without it https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/addons

You can contact their support if you want to add beta in your pledge or go towards higher pledge. As that is way how you can currently change your finalized pledges in my understanding. 

Few questions i need answered thanks!.

If i pledge now will i get access to the beta?

Will i be able to download through steam(the beta)??

Will Co-op be in the beta?? So much hate for CO-OP but honestly i think thats why BG1 and BG2 were so great and it made them so much more fun to play.

Thanks for the reply's!  :dancing: 

1) Depends on your pledge and addon.

2) No clue

3) Seeing the full game has no co-op, nope.

^